Turbo upgrade driveability
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turbo upgrade driveability

Just wondering, for those who have upgraded your turbo....how much difference in lower rpm (sub 3k) did you notice after the upgrade? I love the "insta-boost" of the factory setup, just curious how much of that fun factor goes away after the upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

is so mote be it

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big turbo is more fun than stock imo. If you want fast boost characteristics like stock but more room up top, look at a smaller big turbo like the 6158 or similar sized. Full boost by 3k and then will pull all the way to redline, will easily go above 300whp/tq on pump gas:
    https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...ns-wanted.html
    Mod list here

I spend too much of my life on FST! GotAFoSTnSpeed6's Avatar
    is Someone is pissing in the
    drinking water

What what in the butt, what what in the butt...oh I mean 717 yoo..York PA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok well I have the a Speed6 also with a Corksport Turbo which is by measurement and flow slightly larger just a tiny bit bigger then I believe its the 2867, and the Speeds come with K04s factory which are bigger then these factory turbos to begin with. Anywho I have always said Id love to have the Corksport turbo I have on my Speed6 on my 18' ST, it pulls from really low I mean it builds full boost easily 2800 if not earlier but I wasn't built forged in my speed so I wasn't boosting alot below 3k, and it pulled 25 psi the whole way to 6800 and wouldve kept going had I tuned it up there. But we stopped at 7k. And my MAF housing was maxed at Maf flow so I couldn't up the boost anymore but it was good for 28 to 29 psi easy reliably. So I would say if I was going to go bigger turbo of anysort I'd go with the gtx2871 or one of the new G55-220 or whatever they are called. To me seeing as how Corksport compared the gt28 and their turbo very similarly that'd be the perfect mix of both worlds, lots of low end torque and continuous highend spool. I remember people putting the gt30 and gt35s on the mazdas and they wouldn't spool till 3500 or more depending on how big their housings were.
    2018 Ford Focus ST2
    Metallic Blue
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air
    Stock Air box w/ K&N filter
    Mountune Symposer Delete
    Levels Performance FMIC w/
    HKS SQV4 endtank mounted
    Treadstone Factory BV Plugged
    BoomBa Racing Shifter Base & Cable Bracket Bushings
    Ford Racing Short Shifter
    COBB v3 Accessport

Sponsored Links