St owners with Rs shifter assemblies
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By rambleon84
  • 1 Post By WhereIsZog
  • 1 Post By WhereIsZog

Thread: St owners with Rs shifter assemblies

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St owners with Rs shifter assemblies

So after a little research i decided to pull the trigger on an Rs shifter since apparently it is a direct replacement for an St shifter but has a shorter lever/blue stitching/beefier reverse lockout, and for 90 bucks it was much cheaper than pretty much any aftermarket one I could find. So I install it as well as some solid shifter base bushings and get everything buttoned back up, and everything feels much more solid, shifts feel better, etc. HOWEVER, I'm having some trouble getting into 2nd gear. If I push the lever all the way left to where the reverse lockout contacts the block i can shift into 1st just fine, and then to 2nd and so on. But if i try to go straight to the left and into 2nd it just will not go unless I let off a little bit allowing the shifter to move a little close to the center point/neutral. I can find 2nd and it does work but I find it very odd that I cant push all the way to the left and into 2nd, as I could with my stock shifter. Has anyone else run into this issue or do any of you know of some kind of adjustment I can make to the shifter or linkage to correct this? Please go easy on me, this is my first post and I am a recreational wrencher 🙂

is so mote be it

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20focusSTdriver17 and Wrngway like this.
    Mod list here

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly will try it when I get home! Thanks so much for the help, I hope it works!
    20focusSTdriver17 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    post up if it works!
    20focusdriver16 on FF

17' Magnetic ST1, Premium Wheel Pkg, Green filter, FRPP CAI Snorkel, Mountune Induction Hose, Symposer Delete, BPV & RMM, Mountune T&F FMIC Full Upgrade, Mountune/CSF Radiator & Hoses, Mountune High-Flow CBE

Ready to install: FRPP M-9603A-FSTA Calibration/Plugs, RS OEM Full Intake, 63mm TB, RS OEM Shifter, Mountune Quick-Shift Arm, Mountune SS Brake Lines, Mountune DP

RIP 6/29/17 - My 16' SE Sport
    - https://youtu.be/BPuhbAqLFRA

I spend too much of my life on FST! Mzdrati's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 20focusSTdriver17 View Post
    post up if it works!
    I accidentally clicked the Youtube link in your signature file. WOW.

Please tell me that you were unharmed...

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked! I can't thank you enough for your help. I never would have found that on my own. It was so easy to do too. All I had to remove was the engine cover lol.
    rambleon84 likes this.

I spend too much of my life on FST! Mzdrati's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhereIsZog View Post
    It worked! I can't thank you enough for your help. I never would have found that on my own. It was so easy to do too. All I had to remove was the engine cover lol.
    Can you comment on the exact procedure that you performed? I need to do the same, but I couldn't seem to get the plastic connector to open. Did you use a tool to pry it, and if so, where did you put the pry tool?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just pulled the engine cover off, reached under the intake tubing and pushed the connector towards me with my fingers, with the vehicle in neutral and the parking brake up. It didnt have much resistance at all.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzdrati View Post
    Can you comment on the exact procedure that you performed? I need to do the same, but I couldn't seem to get the plastic connector to open. Did you use a tool to pry it, and if so, where did you put the pry tool?
    There's a good shot in this video at 1:56.

2017 Focus ST1 Race Red

Steeda Clutch Spring; Focus RS Airbox Lid w/ Cobb Filter; Mountune RMM; Steeda Street/Comp FMIC; Stratified Tune; NGK Iridium IX Plugs, FRPP Exhaust, Boomba Short Throw Shifter & Shifter Bushings

Sponsored Links