TB performance traction bar vs gusset
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    is nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know the difference between the TB performance traction bar and the gusset? The gusset is significantly more money, and I can’t really seem to find what the difference is from reading around. Both of them say they reduce torque steer and wheel hop.

I assume the gusset is the more extreme option and it will improve wheel hop and torque steer more than the traction bar. But to what extent? I’m not able to tell if it’s worth the extra $100.

Has anyone driven both of them?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    department of redundancy department

is boy calls it "daddies
    vroom vroom"

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few have had both and hopefully they can chime in as well.

I had the "2 point" it was noticeable change in torque steer and wheel hop.

I now have the Pierce 6 point brace and it has noticeable less torque steer and less wheel hop as well as changing the turn-in, really the biggest difference to me was how quickly the turn in was, I only installed the 6 point and drove the car before and after the same road and I noticed right away those little changes.

I am sure the Gusset will be the same differences the 6 point is.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Torque Gusset. Cant speak on the 2 point, but with the gusset and Mountune rmm, there is virtually no torque steer or wheel hop. With the Ford Performance tune now, there is a very slight bit of torque steer. I believe the 'torque steer' I am experiencing now (which is very minor) is just due to a lack of grip with the stock Pirellis. Where there is torque steer now, there is tire squealing.
    Mods:
    Ford Performance Tune
    Borla Exhaust
    Green Filter
    Mountune RMM
    Symposer Delete
    TB Performance Torque Gusset
    TB Performance Rear Traction Bar
    TB Performance Strut Tower Brace
    Focus RS shifter
    Mudflaps

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

is nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkash99 View Post
    I have the Torque Gusset. Cant speak on the 2 point, but with the gusset and Mountune rmm, there is virtually no torque steer or wheel hop. With the Ford Performance tune now, there is a very slight bit of torque steer. I believe the 'torque steer' I am experiencing now (which is very minor) is just due to a lack of grip with the stock Pirellis. Where there is torque steer now, there is tire squealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaldwin86 View Post
    A few have had both and hopefully they can chime in as well.

I had the "2 point" it was noticeable change in torque steer and wheel hop.

I now have the Pierce 6 point brace and it has noticeable less torque steer and less wheel hop as well as changing the turn-in, really the biggest difference to me was how quickly the turn in was, I only installed the 6 point and drove the car before and after the same road and I noticed right away those little changes.

I am sure the Gusset will be the same differences the 6 point is.

So it sounds like the gusset or similar options reduce torque steer and wheel hop pretty significantly.

I would assume that it’s more than the two point

Nick, how significant was the change between the 2 point thank the 6 point?

is contemplating future upgrades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked Danny (who owns TB Performance and builds all of the products) this exact question this weekend. He told me that the gusset includes the traction bar and adds the other two attachment points. I ordered one and it arrives tomorrow. All of his products are excellent.
    Fswerks: short shift kit, air intake, intercooler, catted downpipe & catback exhaust with Cobb hangers, rear motor mount, stage 3 tune
    JBR: symposer delete, short-throw shifter
    Turbosmart BOV
    TB Perf: cross-member brace, rear-mid chassis brace, rear sway bar end links, torque gusset
    RS Air Box
    Diode Dynamics LED yellow fog lights
    Steeda jack rails
    Sync3 upgrade (flvpmods.com)

Up Next:
    Damond throttle body & spacer
    Boomba intake manifold spacer

Planned:
    PowerFlex ST handling pack

is boy calls it "daddies
    vroom vroom"

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junits15 View Post
    So it sounds like the gusset or similar options reduce torque steer and wheel hop pretty significantly.

I would assume that it’s more than the two point

Nick, how significant was the change between the 2 point thank the 6 point?

I would say it was minimal at best, sure it helped but I can't say I have any solid proof of why or how. LOL

It also depends on the level of driving you do? are you pushing the car to the point that you need that extra bracing?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve973 View Post
    I asked Danny (who owns TB Performance and builds all of the products) this exact question this weekend. He told me that the gusset includes the traction bar and adds the other two attachment points. I ordered one and it arrives tomorrow. All of his products are excellent.
    you just stated the obvious, yes it is a 4 point brace. but the OP wants to know what does it do over a standard 2 point

is so mote be it

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How bad do you feel your car is suffering from tq steer? Is your car mostly stock or have you done mods that have increased tq or do you plan to? I have their two point and felt it helped some, my power band is up a little higher, so my tq steer before wasnt too bad
    Mod list here

is nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaldwin86 View Post
    I would say it was minimal at best, sure it helped but I can't say I have any solid proof of why or how. LOL

It also depends on the level of driving you do? are you pushing the car to the point that you need that extra bracing?

“Need” is a strong word , “I want it” is a more appropriate way of stating it.

My main desire is to be able to get off the line better, I was about to go putting money into tunes and engine upgrades but I decided to start off my making sure I can put power to the ground first.

My hope is that an upgrade like this will help me get power to the ground more effectively, so that when I do get a tune and increase the power output, the car will be more manageable and do more than just hop and spin the tires.

Last edited by junits15; 06-12-2019 at 12:03 PM.

is contemplating future upgrades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the product page:

The Torque Gusset Front Traction Bar is a fully integrated brace that ties the entire front crossmember to the A arm suspension to cut down on bushing and chassis deflection.

The traction bar only attaches to the A-arm bars to prevent deflection.
    Fswerks: short shift kit, air intake, intercooler, catted downpipe & catback exhaust with Cobb hangers, rear motor mount, stage 3 tune
    JBR: symposer delete, short-throw shifter
    Turbosmart BOV
    TB Perf: cross-member brace, rear-mid chassis brace, rear sway bar end links, torque gusset
    RS Air Box
    Diode Dynamics LED yellow fog lights
    Steeda jack rails
    Sync3 upgrade (flvpmods.com)

Up Next:
    Damond throttle body & spacer
    Boomba intake manifold spacer

Planned:
    PowerFlex ST handling pack

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was basically stage 3 without an intercooler and running stratified flash tune. And then went and installed a mountune fmic, a jbr rmm, and a tb gusset bar. So having both a rmm and gusset installed the same time I can’t speak on them independently but before I had bad wheel hop/spin and torque steer that felt like I was gonna go off the road. I literally never went wot in first or second until after. Now it good weather and good road I can take off the line with minor spin in first and little to none in second and shifts and everything feel really smooth now. Way better. I went in on a group buy and got it for like 215 but I would definitely recommend and say it’s well worth the extra $$

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links