Ford Focus ST Forum

Help on wheel setup!?

Thread: Help on wheel setup!?

Tags:

konaST704 said:
    So as of now I have H&R sport springs with konig ultraform 18x8 +42 offset I believe. and continental extremecontact 235/40. I added pictures of it below. Reason for the konig is they were really light at less than 18lb a piece. So not really Trynna change wheels unless I just get 8.5 in . I want it to be more tucked but not to the point where I’ll rub the fenders every time I make a turn. So I think 245/40 would be fine as far as rubbing. But had any had experiance running 255s. Preferably with 18x8s and how the ride was. I think these springs are 1.4” drop and with +42 offset I think it would be rubbing some but not terrible. I just wanna see how beefy they look too before I go for em.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by konaST704; 06-09-2019 at 05:54 PM.

GotAFoSTnSpeed6 said:
    Well I can tell you what I'm running on stock suspension, no camber arms or bushings to adjust for, on 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35 595s and they are nice and meaty and for not being lowered it looks like I am, I literally have less wheel gap then you do. They rub in the back only and only at high speeds if I have a load in the truck. They literally rubbed so lightly, like I mean barely that it actually rolled my rear fenders with warping fenders or cracking the paint and it didn't tear my tires up either, it actually rolled them better then you'd prolly be able to find done at most shops. I was really surprised, I think it did it so well because they happened simultaneously across the entire arch of the wheel instead of lil by lil with a roller and it applied the exact same pressure which was so minimal across the entire thing so it didn't hurt anything. I got lucky basically. Now if I was to do it again, I'd prolly get 255, or 245 because at the moment they look great, I get alot of compliments but I can't put any suspension on it coz itd be up in the fenders.
    2018 Ford Focus ST2
    Metallic Blue
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air
    Stock Air box w/ K&N filter
    Mountune Symposer Delete
    Levels Performance FMIC w/
    HKS SQV4 endtank mounted
    Treadstone Factory BV Plugged
    BoomBa Racing Shifter Base & Cable Bracket Bushings
    Ford Racing Short Shifter
    COBB v3 Accessport

konaST704 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by GotAFoSTnSpeed6 View Post
    Well I can tell you what I'm running on stock suspension, no camber arms or bushings to adjust for, on 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35 595s and they are nice and meaty and for not being lowered it looks like I am, I literally have less wheel gap then you do. They rub in the back only and only at high speeds if I have a load in the truck. They literally rubbed so lightly, like I mean barely that it actually rolled my rear fenders with warping fenders or cracking the paint and it didn't tear my tires up either, it actually rolled them better then you'd prolly be able to find done at most shops. I was really surprised, I think it did it so well because they happened simultaneously across the entire arch of the wheel instead of lil by lil with a roller and it applied the exact same pressure which was so minimal across the entire thing so it didn't hurt anything. I got lucky basically. Now if I was to do it again, I'd prolly get 255, or 245 because at the moment they look great, I get alot of compliments but I can't put any suspension on it coz itd be up in the fenders.
    Thanks and yea I really wanna see what the 255s will look like. Just with the sport springs I’m not sure if I can do it. I would say screw it and go for 245 bc I know they will fit but then I don’t wanna he hating myself for not waiting for input on the 255s. But thanks for your comment. Any pics with the 265s?

Aristocrat Autosport said:
    Quote Originally Posted by konaST704 View Post
    So as of now I have H&R sport springs with konig ultraform 18x8 +42 offset I believe. and continental extremecontact 235/40. I added pictures of it below. Reason for the konig is they were really light at less than 18lb a piece. So not really Trynna change wheels unless I just get 8.5 in . I want it to be more tucked but not to the point where I’ll rub the fenders every time I make a turn. So I think 245/40 would be fine as far as rubbing. But had any had experiance running 255s. Preferably with 18x8s and how the ride was. I think these springs are 1.4” drop and with +42 offset I think it would be rubbing some but not terrible. I just wanna see how beefy they look too before I go for em.
    That's a seriously great looking color combo