Hood strut kit
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hood strut kit

I spend too much of my life on FST! GotAFoSTnSpeed6's Avatar
    is Someone is pissing in the
    drinking water

What what in the butt, what what in the butt...oh I mean 717 yoo..York PA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hood strut kit

Installed a Steeda Cold air intake and obviously had to remove the standard ****ty hood prop...not a loss onbviously I hate those things. But I'm in the market for a hood strut kit now and have been looking at them. I googled them and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I was wondering over everyone that's bought and used them which one is the most liked and recommended and most reliable and cleanest installed one? Thanks for replies ahead of time.
    2018 Ford Focus ST2
    Metallic Blue
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air
    Stock Air box w/ K&N filter
    Mountune Symposer Delete
    Levels Performance FMIC w/
    HKS SQV4 endtank mounted
    Treadstone Factory BV Plugged
    BoomBa Racing Shifter Base & Cable Bracket Bushings
    Ford Racing Short Shifter
    COBB v3 Accessport

Premium Member
    is the Atomic Punk!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Redline Tuning's Quick Lifts for years. Excellent product, easy install on the Focus.
    2014 Performance Blue ST2 // Charcoal/Blue Recaros // Moonroof #2,304 of 14,036

COBB Intake System // Magnaflow 15155 Cat-Back Exhaust // Steeda Street/Comp FMIC // Bigger Mouth Snorkel // Breedt Quick Shift Arm & FRPP Short Shifter // AP3 with Stratified tune // TSW Bathhurst Wheels with 245/40ZR18 Pilot Super Sports // Damond Motorsports Catch Can // Triple R Splitter // Steeda Jacking Rails

The Winter Ride: 1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon---251,000 miles and still going strong!

I spend too much of my life on FST! Thieske's Avatar
    is searching for the official
    Stealth Grey thread on this
    forum

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dark Ice Designs. Easy install and you dont have to remove all bolts that hold the hood, so no allignment issues after/during install.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    California Pony Parts on my ST. Pretty good.

I spend too much of my life on FST! GotAFoSTnSpeed6's Avatar
    is Someone is pissing in the
    drinking water

What what in the butt, what what in the butt...oh I mean 717 yoo..York PA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieske View Post
    Dark Ice Designs. Easy install and you dont have to remove all bolts that hold the hood, so no allignment issues after/during install.
    How's it hold and I know Redlines and most of them you have to cut or remove some plastic or weather stripping for the strut to lay flat, is it the same for this? Also does it have an issue of some of Redlines kit people say the struts will pop off the one end? Also being that the one bracket that holds the one strut end is only one bolt has there been any examples of fatigue in the bolt and breakage?
    2018 Ford Focus ST2
    Metallic Blue
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air
    Stock Air box w/ K&N filter
    Mountune Symposer Delete
    Levels Performance FMIC w/
    HKS SQV4 endtank mounted
    Treadstone Factory BV Plugged
    BoomBa Racing Shifter Base & Cable Bracket Bushings
    Ford Racing Short Shifter
    COBB v3 Accessport

Super Moderator Duece McCracken's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is painfully slow living that N/A
    life.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GotAFoSTnSpeed6 View Post
    How's it hold and I know Redlines and most of them you have to cut or remove some plastic or weather stripping for the strut to lay flat, is it the same for this? Also does it have an issue of some of Redlines kit people say the struts will pop off the one end? Also being that the one bracket that holds the one strut end is only one bolt has there been any examples of fatigue in the bolt and breakage?
    I run Redline elites in Stainless. Never popped, no breakage, no issues. Just flawless performance. You hve to do a little snipping, nothing crazy. Also, slather some antiseize behind the brackets, to prevent rust.

Hood struts really should be a first mod, they make everything else so much easier. I wish I had bought them first, lol
    Owner and lead tech of Duece's Wrenchworx. The one stop shade tree ST shop.

Build thread - https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...-duecette.html

forum

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have not removed or cut anything. No problems with poppin off or fatigue or breaking

Edit: post below says move the washer fluid line, which I did. Seen on interwebs that people move that when installing so I did without even looking if necessary
    Last edited by Thieske; 04-14-2019 at 12:17 AM.
    2015 Ford Focus ST, Stealth Grey
    Dark Ice Designs Hood struts - ZL1 addons Rock Guards - Autobeam LED reverse and indicator lights - Paintmodz Proform Header tank cover - Steeda Throttle Body Spacer - Steeda Clutch Spring - Revo air intake - Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Plumb Back BOV - Steeda rear strut tower brace - SS Tuning custom shift knob

Premium Member
    is taking a leave of his senses

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redline here. Love them and yeah I cut the little piece they showed in the install video, it was like a 1" piece that you probably don't have to. I also had to move the washer fluid line from above something to below something.....I think....hell I don't know but they were stupid easy to install and I threw that prop rod across the garage when I was done.
    2013 Focus ST ST3 Race Red 35,500mi

Performance: COBB AP, Stratified Tuned for E30 & 93oct., MBRP catless DP, AWE Track Exhaust, NGK cold plugs, COBB Short Shift Plate 40% Reduction, Green Filter with lid off, Turbosmart 50/50 BOV, Boomba symposer delete, Steeda bracket bushings, Boomba trans. end bushings, CP-E Stage 2 RMM, Steeda clutch spring, HAWK drilled/slotted rotors with HAWK pads, General GMax AS-05 tires

Appearance: WeatherTech's, Boomba shift knob, Boomba engine dress up: Hood release, Oil cap, Dipstick, Reservoir caps in red, Stubby 2" antenna, MGP Red ST caliper covers, RallyArmor mud flaps, Redline Tuning Hood Struts

forum

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Algae Killer View Post
    .... I also had to move the washer fluid line from above something to below something.....
    I want to make a correction to my previous post, I dit move over that line. Seen that on video's on the interwebs so did that without even looking if it is necessary
    Algae Killer likes this.
    2015 Ford Focus ST, Stealth Grey
    Dark Ice Designs Hood struts - ZL1 addons Rock Guards - Autobeam LED reverse and indicator lights - Paintmodz Proform Header tank cover - Steeda Throttle Body Spacer - Steeda Clutch Spring - Revo air intake - Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Plumb Back BOV - Steeda rear strut tower brace - SS Tuning custom shift knob

is popping clutches, not collars

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have Redlines here. flawless preformance.

agreed that it really should be a first mod, I waited way too long to add them. honestly its the first car I have had that did not come with them from the factory since I was in high school. such a small little thing that makes working on a car so much easier. #FirstWorldProblems

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links