Paint chip repair
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint chip repair

I've just gotten my '13 ST2 in Tangerine Scream with 40,000 miles out of winter storage and need to fix some chips in the paint. The main ones are just under the leading edge of the hood. A while back I got a vial of touch up paint from the dealership but it seemed very thin and never used it. Does anyone have any advice fixing the Tangerine Scream paint? I know its a tri-coat so I'm not sure if there should be more than one vial of paint. Is there touch up paint that is better to use than what is gotten at the dealership? I've got some other chips on the door and around the tail lights that need to be fixed as well.

I have never driven the car in the winter or in salt, but I'd like to do a bit more to prevent rust so I want to fix the chips and apply a ceramic coating.

Also, I thought this post was appropriate for this thread, but if its not I'll post elsewhere.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CJ Pony parts has a nice paint chip repair pen for ~$30.

I wasn’t looking for a Tangerine Scream pen but I’m sure they’d have that color.
    2017 Race Red ST1
    • Radium Dual OCC's w/ petcocks, PCV Plate & Symposer Delete
    • Steeda Jacking Rails & Clutch Assist Spring w/ Perch
    • FRPP Short Shifter w/ Carbon Fiber Knob
    • Boomba Shifter Base & Transmission Bracket Bushings
    • Breedt Shift Arm - P2
    • Ronin Shifter Cable End Bushings
    • CP-E Stage 2 RMM
    • Whiteline RSB w/ Lateral Locks
    • Depo Racing 5.5" Beast FMIC
    • Velossa Tech Big Mouth Snorkle (Black | Black)
    • TB Performance Rear Traction Bar & Cross member brace

Premium Member
    is bored

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca80 View Post
    I've just gotten my '13 ST2 in Tangerine Scream with 40,000 miles out of winter storage and need to fix some chips in the paint. The main ones are just under the leading edge of the hood. A while back I got a vial of touch up paint from the dealership but it seemed very thin and never used it. Does anyone have any advice fixing the Tangerine Scream paint? I know its a tri-coat so I'm not sure if there should be more than one vial of paint. Is there touch up paint that is better to use than what is gotten at the dealership? I've got some other chips on the door and around the tail lights that need to be fixed as well.

I have never driven the car in the winter or in salt, but I'd like to do a bit more to prevent rust so I want to fix the chips and apply a ceramic coating.

Also, I thought this post was appropriate for this thread, but if its not I'll post elsewhere.
    These guys have spot on touch up paint and sell the tri coat colors. You will need Electric Gold Pearl; when you select it the site should tell you that this is a tri coat and they will sell you the base coat and color coat, I would order some clear also and get the bush on bottles for chip repair.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/to...rd/2013/focus/

EFI Logics Intake w/ AEM Dry Flow Filter, Panda Treadstone Intercooler, Denso ITV 22 Plugs,
    Magnaflow Muffler, MRT Axle Back, Steeda Symposer Delete, Cobb Shift Plate,
    Needless Torque Shift Cable Bushing, CFM Lower Mount, Turbo Tech Upper Mounts,
    TB Performance Traction Bar, Bilstein B8 Struts and Shocks, Eibach Pro Kit Springs,
    Mach M3 Wheels, Fifteen52 Cup Spoilers, AnarchyMotive 671 gm Shift Knob, CoolTech Jack Rails

Sponsored Links