Clay Bar Question
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rambleon84
  • 1 Post By jonrjen

Thread: Clay Bar Question

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clay Bar Question

My ST1 sat on the dealers lot for over 400 days. A black paint sitting in the open in the Houston, TX elements equal not a pretty finish and rough surface. Yesterday for the first time in my life I did the clay bar treatment on the ST. I used the yellow OE clay and wetter solution from Chemical Guys with amazing results. The finish is now slick as a whistle with a shine of new paint.

Now my question is, should I wash the car before applying a finish product? I use "Car Guys" Premium Hybrid Wax which is a spray sealant infused with Carnauba wax. It's a pretty simple application of spray, microfiber cloth to spread spray on surface, let lightly dry, and remove/buff with a clean microfiber cloth. This can be used on all finishes from paint to plastic body pieces and glass surfaces. I keep our cars garaged and the finish last well over 6 months.

My concern with washing the car after having clayed the car is that our water suck with minerals. If I wash chances are that I am only going to place mineral contaminates in/on to a non protected paint surface. When I did the clay bar I did use microfiber cloths to remove the clay/wetter by product. Matter of fact I used close to 2 dozen microfiber cloths to keep things nice and clean.

So, do I wash the car with water that sucks with contaminates or go directly to applying the "Car Guys" sealant wax?

is so mote be it

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not rewash the car. What do the directions say for applying the Hybrid Wax? Just use on a clean/dry car and not do in direct sun? I would say your car is clean but if you are worried, going over it in spray detailer and then the Hybrid would probably work too
    jonrjen likes this.
    Mod list here

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The directions on the Hybrid wax sealant do simply say to apply to a clean dry surface avoiding to do so on a surface that it more than warm to the hand if sitting in sunlight. I always apply it while the vehicle is sitting in the garage. Keeps the sunlight heating off of the car and keeps me closer to the garage refrigerator full of adult beverages.
    JCH841 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should get a better clay, CG is pure poo products, and if you clay you should polish, because clay'ing leaves micro-marring all over the place, its an abrasive.
    might want to go back and re do the steps you missed before adding any protection

Sponsored Links