Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Toronto GTA ST's ???

89K views 731 replies 106 participants last post by  theLPlive 
#1 ·
Where are you all hiding???

#135 ·
thought the season was over for ertefa, but if its still happening im down. I dont think kennedy commons is any good since thats not a very central place. I think a poll is in order

#137 ·
Where are most people?

I think there are a lot of Vaughan and RH. And seem to be a few out in Pickering and Ajax way too.
And I know so r of you are far to the west...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#139 ·
#142 ·
Then all we can look at is...each other? And not the cars!

#150 ·
Dead around here...

#151 ·
Lol if you have a garage you can be doing more mods while it's a blizzard out :). Just have downpipe left to do but not sure if I can do it without a hoist :S

P.S. hope none of you were on the 400 in the 96 car pile-up...crazy

#152 ·
Even my garage is cold. Something about working on your car on sunny mild day drinking a beer is so gratifying. I have all these toys piling up in my garage waiting to be installed.

#155 ·
Finally made time to install the foust front lip. Came primered and I decided to go with matte black plasti dip to match my rims which will be back on soon :) pretty easy install overall once you get factory clips out, predrill holes in right place and get in up into place. About 2 hours this afternoon it took me to install, hope you guys like it. Can't wait to get back to Cayuga again!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Hatchback

#157 ·
Mikey, car looks great. See you at TMP.

#158 ·
Yay snow again tomorrow. I swear all this snow and all the road work they are gonna do to fix the road thats been totally chewed up this year, gonna make for a lovely summer. Cant wait

#159 ·
I've been procrastinating buying a helmet, but over the weekend I went to my buddy's Stag party and I won a motorcycle helmet haha. I gotta read up on what safety requirements for helmets are needed. Hopefully thats one less thing to buy to get ready for some laps!

Has anyone looked into an advanced driving school on a track?

I've been checking when the next Cayuga lapping session will be, they haven't updated the dates yet!

#161 ·
In the PB? Peanut butter???

And yeah I'm down for some DDT. Driver development training.

#162 ·
Passed a TS ST on Pape last evening, then bumped into it again parked at Pape community centre.

Also:

Live Registrations will be tracked here -> http://spda-online.ca/showthread.php...770#post475770
If your first name appears on the list, you are confirmed.

Registration
Registration to this event will be open on Sunday April 6, 2014 at the CASC-OR open house presents at JRP (1 pm in person and online). Any registrations received prior to April 6th @ 1:00 will be returned.

JRP
2344 S Sheridan Way
Mississauga, ON
(905) 822-7223

2014 Advanced Driving Clinic, Presented by SPDA and Toyo Tires.

April 26-27, 2014 at the Powerade Centre in Brampton, Ontario

DAY 1 - 30 Spots
DAY 2 - 50 Spots

Cost for the clinic
SPDA Driving Clinic both days = $110
SPDA Driving Clinic Day 1 only = $70
SPDA Driving Clinic Day 2 only = $45

SPDA continues it's tradition of offering first class instruction with a focus on lots of "Hands On" training for a value price. This event is open to all cars with instruction provided by qualified instructors. In car instruction will provide the students with narrative, and positive re-inforcement in how to properly negotiate the exercises. The 2 day event is intended to be informative and Fun, with focus on "Fun".

Agenda:

Pre-Requisite: All drivers must be Legally Licensed in Canada with a valid drivers licence, Automobiles must belong to the driver, or must have a consent form from the owner to be used for this type of event.

Day 1: Advanced Driver Training - Phase 1
9:00 – 3:30

The first day focuses on assisting the driver to get better acquainted with their cars. The exercises being instructed throughout the day will instill confidence in the student and teach the driver about how to exploit the limits of their cars in a safe controlled environment. Drivers will learn the limits of their daily driver through exercises specifically designed to get the driver and vehicle better acquainted with each other:

Agenda:
(Classroom) (30-45 min)
General overview of principal that will be learned throughout the day.

(In Car Instruction)
Seating Position:
Feet Positions:
Hand Position:
Skidpads: Instruct the student to recognize “Understeer” and “Oversteer”
Figure 8’s: Weight Transfer, Braking Points, Controlled Entry and Exit
Threshold Braking, Braking with ABS
Parallel Slaloms: Transitions
Mock Autocross Course: Reward at the end of the day

Pre-Requisite Day 2: Drivers must have had the basic instruction similar to Day 1, must have participated in other autoslalom schools, or club series competitive Autoslaloms.

Day 2: Advanced Driver Training – Phase 2
(9:00 - 4:00)

Day 2 focuses on increasing the driver confidence through setup techniques. In addition to the lessons learned in Day 1, this day focuses on higher speed ingress and egress techniques. Day 2 focuses on putting to practice all the items learned on Day 1, and will teach the student to look farther ahead, and to plan their course.

Agenda:

Theory Discussion: Q&A about setup truths vs fiction
Course Walk: Teaches the newcomer on how to read the layout of the track
Tire Pressures: Effect of Tire Pressures on driving dynamics
Trail Braking
In Car Instruction: Instructors Provided if required
Autocross Instruction the entire day
Timing equipment will be on the premises but the event will not be formally timed.

Requirements for the clinic:
Helmets - Snell 2000 (min)
Water
Appropriate Clothing - this event occurs outdoors
Umbrella (Rain or Shine)
Closed Shoes - No Sandals or heals
Food for Lunch - Lots of places to eat nearby
Drivers License
Automobile Registration
Positive Mental Attitude - Ready to have the best time of your life with your clothes on.

We have something special in store for you!

#165 ·
With Vince & Dave? Wow small world, I played goalie that evening, I play ball hockey with Vince on Fridays (I just got back home now haha) and he texts me when if needs a goalie on Tuesdays (I usually play on Tuesday in the Beaches, but they've been closed until April) so I made it out on Tuesday!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.