Introducing MiSTy - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Introducing MiSTy

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like where this is going! What made you go with the JBR can instead of the Damond can for instance? Did you remove your manifold to get to the PCV hose?

is I Scream for Tangerines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePBurdell View Post
    I like where this is going! What made you go with the JBR can instead of the Damond can for instance? Did you remove your manifold to get to the PCV hose?
    Well I chose the JBR one mostly due to the prompt responses of @[email protected] here on the forums over in this thread. https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-s...an-2015-a.html

That and their kit + the sound symposer block off plate together are going for a pretty decent price.

No I did not remove the intake to get to the pcv hose, though it was a PITA to get that connector off. I actually had to get my roommate to pop it off as I couldn't get both of my hands back behind the intake.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can image that if your hands are larger than those of a infant then being able with pop off the PCV connector (or let alone reach it) would be a massive PITA. Thanks for the response.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePBurdell View Post
    I can image that if your hands are larger than those of a infant then being able with pop off the PCV connector (or let alone reach it) would be a massive PITA. Thanks for the response.
    No problem. I'll most likely pick up their stage 1 kit as well for the other side here soon.

Update:

Accessport from EdgeAutoSport has shipped and will be arriving tomorrow.

Also I ordered some of this

Vinyl Wrap

To see how well I could wrap the faceplate of the Accessport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: The items from @EdgeAutosport.com arrived!

Everything in the bundle:
    CP-E RMM stage 2 (With instruction booklet) , COBB Accessport v3, EdgeAutoSport license plate bracket, somestickers, and a little postcard advertising the cp-e atmosphere kit

Name:  IMG_20160428_165643827.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  3.38 MB

Some closer pictures

Name:  IMG_20160428_165713281.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  3.09 MB
    Name:  IMG_20160428_165721709.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  3.25 MB
    Name:  IMG_20160428_165939000.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  2.36 MB

I wanted to run out and immediately install the accessport but I told myself I would hold off until the weekend so I could get the RMM on there as well.

Can't wait to see how this changes the feel of the car !
    Last edited by yurimeta; 04-29-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered a few quick things from amazon.

With the accessport I obviously need a place to mount it. I didn't want to use the supplied 3m tape for fear that it wouldn't come off easily so I went ahead and ordered the spigen magnetic mount that @VenomousSVT recommends over in this thread Spign Mount Threadl

Picked it up from Amazon Spigen Mount @ Amazon

Also picked up some Denso ITV22 spark plugs and a gapping tool after some helpful advice from @EdgeAutosport.com and @jalapeno

Should be arriving Sunday !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so everything mentioned previously has arrived. I had intended to throw it all on last weekend but life things got in the way.

Anyway I was able to get the CP-E Stage 2 RMM I ordered from @EdgeAutosport.com on yesterday, and let me tell you that the vibrations are real. Very very real. I know they will smooth out as the mount breaks in, but starting it up after installing the mount and the car was shaking. It is only really noticeable when first starting the car and when in low rpms. Once you get going you hardly realize any change ( at least in the vibration department).

As far as the install went, it was pretty straightforward. The only real problem I had was getting the two bracket pieces off that were covering the mount and going up to the downpipe. The instructions literally said "Once the nuts are off and the brackets are loose you should be able to easily slide both brackets off together by pulling on the lower piece toward the passenger side." NOPE. It took me about an hour to get these things off. I tried every which way of sliding and adjusting the height/ pitch of the engine via the jack I had supporting it and they would simply not slide off. I had to result to applying a severe amount of leverage using a wrench pressed underneath one bracket to pop it free from the other one. Moral of the story is, I suck at removing brackets and they are a PITA. =)

I haven't gone too far with it as of yet. Just a quick drive around the neighborhood last night, and to work this morning. However Just from that I can tell that the car feels more planted, and shifting seems easier. One thing I have noticed since I tossed on the tune is that I seem to be bogged down when starting off in first, as if it takes a bit for the car to start moving when pressing the gas and releasing the clutch compared to how it was before the tune. I'll play around with it a bit more, but if anyone has some ideas as to why that is please speak up !

Still have to route the cable for the permanent tuner mount location as well as put in the new plugs that arrived. Will update accordingly when those are done.

Below are a few pictures from the install and the stock RMM that was removed.

Name:  IMG_20160508_175339785.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  3.12 MBName:  IMG_20160508_173342824.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  2.94 MBName:  IMG_20160508_173327994.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  2.86 MB
    Last edited by yurimeta; 05-09-2016 at 07:40 AM.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got any pics of the windshield tint from the inside? Been thinking about doing mine for a while but can't decide. Also do cops ever bother you with it tinted?
    Charlie

2016 Focus ST1

MBRP~CP-e~Rally Armor~Anarchy Motive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuppyST View Post
    Got any pics of the windshield tint from the inside? Been thinking about doing mine for a while but can't decide. Also do cops ever bother you with it tinted?
    None of the inside right now, but I can certainly take a couple of them later. It's a bit rainy/ cloudy outside so I'm not sure how well that will show the tint from the inside vs on a sunny day.

So far I haven't been bothered by any cops and I've passed a few on the road and some just sitting out in their speed traps, but I haven't had the tint on for very long so who knows?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yurimeta View Post
    None of the inside right now, but I can certainly take a couple of them later. It's a bit rainy/ cloudy outside so I'm not sure how well that will show the tint from the inside vs on a sunny day.

So far I haven't been bothered by any cops and I've passed a few on the road and some just sitting out in their speed traps, but I haven't had the tint on for very long so who knows?
    Yeah man I would appreciate it. I've heard 50% isn't as bad from the outside.
    Charlie

2016 Focus ST1

MBRP~CP-e~Rally Armor~Anarchy Motive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links