(Commander) Cody OW Build Thread
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: (Commander) Cody OW Build Thread

Premium Member
    is looking forward to Carlisle!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Commander) Cody OW Build Thread

NOT CURRENT PICS

Name:  20160913_111640.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  3.09 MB
    Name:  20160913_111715.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  3.42 MB

Name:  20150520_204407.jpg
Views: 1369
Size:  3.47 MB

Name:  20150521_170953.jpg
Views: 1312
Size:  3.15 MB

Name:  20160623_230719.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  1.44 MB

Name:  20170522_212030.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  4.07 MB

Click on for a link to the product. Click the post number to be taken to that post in my build thread with install notes and pics.[/B]

MOD ------------------------------------------------------ POST #

PERFORMANCE - STAGE 3+

BRAKES

SHIFTING

VISUAL EXTERIOR

VISUAL INTERIOR

SUSPENSION

UNDER HOOD NON PERFORMANCE

DYNOS (CLICK FOR PICS)

Dyno Dynamics dyno
    93 octane, bone stock, 50 deg air temp
    4/5/2014, 1,200 miles
    NOTES: I know the TQ number seems pretty high for a stock car, and I'm not thrilled with the printouts/screenshots either. Regardless, this is a baseline for comparison.

---HP-----TQ---
    238.8 302.0
    242.5 308.0
    244.0 308.0

Mustang dyno
    93 octane, Cobb catback, Green filter, Denso ITV22 plugs, 75 deg air temp
    7/26/2014, 8,000 miles
    NOTES: This was at the CJPP meet, and since we had access I figured I'd see what I put down on a different dyno. These numbers are more believable than the Dyno Dynamics numbers I had gotten earlier. Also, this is the same dyno that CJPP used for their shop car, and stock for stock mine put down a little more power than theirs, which made me happy.

--HP---TQ--
    230 244
    231 251

It's a very long story as to how I got my ST (in January ordered Titanium, came in with wrong trans, re-ordered Titanium, got a new job, dropped order and bought this OW ST), but it really began back in '12ish when the new Focus came out and the speculation of the ST started. Ever since I've longingly looked at pics and read reviews and drooled over showcars at the NYAS, and through a very strange series of events I finally ended up with Cody!

First day in work lot, 3/27/14
    ST2, Moonroof, Nav, 18" Rado Grey wheels

Name:  20140327_065934.jpg
Views: 4183
Size:  2.21 MB

First thing I wanted to do was get a baseline dyno. My cousin owns a shop with a Dyno Dynamics 4 wheel dyno, so we strapped him on in April. 93 octane, cool day, 3 runs, best run 244 whp 309 wtq. I know the tq is way high for what a typical stock ST puts down, not really sure why.
    NOTE: for some reason the chart reads flywheel, but the DD dynos measure wheel hp.

Name:  20140405_125121.jpg
Views: 2214
Size:  1.52 MB

Next was exhaust. I listened to countless videos and decided to go with the Cobb cat-back. I'm very happy with it.
    EDIT: It does have a bit of a drone when you're leaning into the throttle. If you're looking for a zero drone exhaust, look elsewhere.

I hated how long the shift throws are, so I got the Cobb short throw shift plate, set to 40%. The throws are much shorter and crisper, but I'd still like a shorter throw and shorter shift height, so the Boomba STS is next.
    EDIT: Installed the Boomba STS, absolutely love the feel of these 2 combined. You would achieve the same with the Boomba shift plate as well.

Next came 25% SunTec tint all around and a rear debadge.
    EDIT: It's pretty damn impossible to see out the back at night when there are no street lights with the tint. I upgraded to LED reverse lights, which makes it a little better, but I still need moar lumens.

Attachment 57749
    Name:  20140508_175348.jpg
Views: 2166
Size:  1.96 MB

RokBlokz short black mud flaps were next. They definitely help keep the car clean. I still get road spray from rain and salt, but it's less than without the flaps. They also keep the rear a little cleaner as well.
    Last edited by JayneCobb; 03-29-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    @doval and Manoah like this.
    Cody Build Thread

Lots. Check out my build thread!

is indifferent.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    309wtq stock?

2014 Focus ST3 Oxford White, Rado Gray Wheels, Moonroof
    Appearance: STOA badges, DMB black/chrome Badges, Chrome signal bulbs, RallyArmor black w/ Red, Tint, Ford Carbon Shift knob
    GoFast Stuff: Boomba Short Shifter @ 30%, Boomba Shifter Base Bushings

To Do's: Tune!, filter, plugs, brake pads, amp and sub upgrade

I spend too much of my life on FST! White Focus's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did your car come with painted calipers? or did you do them yourself? Love the progression, I'm doing the same kinds of things, except I only have an ST1, so the first thing is a system. Looks good!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

Premium Member

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybutcher View Post
    309wtq stock?
    Yup. It seems real high but the DD dynos are very reliable. It also helped that it was a real cool day, we were at sea level, and there was at least 20 minutes of down time between each run.

Quote Originally Posted by White Focus View Post
    Did your car come with painted calipers? or did you do them yourself? Love the progression, I'm doing the same kinds of things, except I only have an ST1, so the first thing is a system. Looks good!
    It came painted red. Although I never saw it explicitly mentioned anywhere, it must come with the rims as part of the $375 option.
    As for you having an ST1, no problem with that! You're lighter than the ST2 and ST3 cars right out of the box. Check out Flora's build, he's done some really nice work with his white ST1.
    Cody Build Thread

is indifferent.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayneCobb View Post
    Yup. It seems real high but the DD dynos are very reliable. It also helped that it was a real cool day, we were at sea level, and there was at least 20 minutes of down time between each run.

It came painted red. Although I never saw it explicitly mentioned anywhere, it must come with the rims as part of the $375 option.
    As for you having an ST1, no problem with that! You're lighter than the ST2 and ST3 cars right out of the box. Check out Flora's build, he's done some really nice work with his white ST1.
    Nice numbers

And yes, the painted calipers do come with the Rado gray wheel package

2014 Focus ST3 Oxford White, Rado Gray Wheels, Moonroof
    Appearance: STOA badges, DMB black/chrome Badges, Chrome signal bulbs, RallyArmor black w/ Red, Tint, Ford Carbon Shift knob
    GoFast Stuff: Boomba Short Shifter @ 30%, Boomba Shifter Base Bushings

To Do's: Tune!, filter, plugs, brake pads, amp and sub upgrade

I spend too much of my life on FST! White Focus's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice numbers

And yes, the painted calipers do come with the Rado gray wheel package
    I see, I'm just going to paint them myself, on the off chance it doesn't rain one day in this Florida summer, and I've checked out FLora, great build there, Just about to get a job that pays ~30-40% more than my current job, so lets say I may be making my own build thread soon

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    309wtq stock?
    Pretty sure, like with a lot of Ford performance vehicles, the ST is underrated from the factory...

Like us on Facebook
    Visit our Website
    Check out our GTX3582 Powered Build Thread

I spend too much of my life on FST! Pacoflyer's Avatar
    is Love my exhaust

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're going to have to get some star wars bling to go with your theme. Some stickers or something lol gota represent.
    Current Mods:
    FRPP Cold Air Intake
    Stratified Tune
    Turbosmart BOV
    Injen Exhaust
    CPE Downpipe
    D3S HID conversion from Jaguar XFR

Audio Upgrade:
    Polk MM series components and Sub in factory box.

Premium Member

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacoflyer View Post
    You're going to have to get some star wars bling to go with your theme. Some stickers or something lol gota represent.
    I was thinking maybe one of these on the side rear windows.

Name:  640px-Empire_Clan_Logo.JPG
Views: 1981
Size:  16.1 KB
    DigitalBaka likes this.
    Cody Build Thread

Premium Member

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FALL UPDATE

It's been over three months and a bunch of small mods since my first post, so let's get down to it.

Obligatory 12,345 miles pic
    Name:  20140924_162000.jpg
Views: 1892
Size:  1.74 MB

ENGINE/BAY
    I popped in the 1 step colder Denso ITV22 plugs just after the fist post, so I've got 3 months of use and data on them so far. My impression: great "upgrade", and I'm not sure why these weren't the plugs from factory. I've seen my average MPG (same commute, same driving style) go from a calculated (not dash indicated) 26 to a solid 28. Even managed to get 30 on an economy driving-style tank. Below is a pic of the stock plugs. Some people on the forum said they had gaps on theirs that were quite out of spec, but mine were all fine.
    In addition to the increased MPG, I think it idles smoother, and my back end and tailpipe have MUCH LESS GRIME! Great news all around.
    Name:  plugs.jpg
Views: 1874
Size:  905.1 KB

While we're underhood, I plasti-dipped the battery and fuse box cover. I went too thick, about 6 coats, and the coating around the letters is bubbly and doesn't look good up close, so eventually I'll redo these. Maybe have them hydrodipped or just spay paint.
    Picked up Redline hood struts at the summer CJ Pony Parts meet, and installed the Steeda symposer delete plate (after this pic, so the tubing is still there). I couldn't hear the symposer over my exhaust but I wanted it gone anyway for a cleaner engine bay.
    Name:  20141003_143440.jpg
Views: 1966
Size:  2.27 MBName:  20141003_143446.jpg
Views: 1869
Size:  1.59 MB

No air filter cover because turbo noises. In the spring I'd like to get the FSWerks CAI.

INTERIOR
    Picked up the parking brake handle cover on Amazon for $14. I like the concept of it, but I wish it was the same color as the silver trim in the cabin and not the "chrome" look. Also, the red of the ST logo isn't a perfect match. It was a good idea, just not executed as well as it could have been.
    Name:  20140717_110347.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  1.76 MB

I also picked up a roll of carbon fiber print from Amazon. I have to give my gf props for wrapping them, I just don't have the patience to do that kind of intricate work. I pulled the parts and she wrapped, teamwork! The center air vents and the shifter base were easy, but the outer air vents were a PITA. You have to break them down to 3 pieces to wrap them as shown, since I wanted to keep the silver ring around them. Also did the headlight switch trim.
    Name:  20141009_164924.jpg
Views: 1784
Size:  1.10 MBName:  20141009_164815.jpg
Views: 1816
Size:  1,017.7 KB

Nothing much on the exterior, just a 5% sun strip tint, or unibrow, or whatever you want to call it. 8am + clear fall skies + eastward commute = horrific sun glare. It took awhile to get used to it, but now I hardly notice it's there, and it keeps the glare down very well.

UP NEXT
    I'm waiting on 2 group buys to ship, the sharkfin antenna from FocusS.org and Boomba Racing short throw shifter and base bushings. After that I'll focus my time and money on getting my Cherokee back together and ready for, what I'm hoping, will be a very snowy winter.

Happy Halloween from Cody!
    Name:  20141019_182101.jpg
Views: 1760
Size:  1.02 MBName:  20141019_182115.jpg
Views: 1768
Size:  1.34 MB
    Cody Build Thread

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links