I haven't bought yet but looking....
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aaronc7

Thread: I haven't bought yet but looking....

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't bought yet but looking....

So my basic questions are, is there an easy way to get more air flow out of the OE Turbo maybe by a simple Impeller and Compressor housing swap?

I've read that some owners have purchased a $2,000 Turbo to achieve more power, that seems way high.

So knowing AID make all kinds of Impeller Trims was thinking maybe a simple swap could be had.

Of course I live in Calif and we have the loving-CARB to deal with.

I had a COBB Access Port on my 04 STi worked great, easy-peasy power add.

Don't need 380 HP either, just a bit more like 280-300 range.

Thanks Crew for your inputs....

I spend too much of my life on FST! aaronc7's Avatar
    is needing the v8 powa

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a few have tried compressor swap or "super stock turbos" and all have had big issues with minimal gains. The only exception that does decent is the Pumaspeed x37 or x47. But it's Euro company, so shipping is killer, and if you wanted to get your core charge back, will nevver be worth it due to shipping etc.

At the end of the day, there is no great value turbo swap at the moment. ATP Garrett isn't bad, but not a great bargain either.

On the horizon (prototypes already tested, being made as we speak, as far as I know) is the BNR turbo offering. On other platforms they are the go-to and are a great bargain. Think journal bearing GTX2867, and hopefully retain stock oil and water lines and otherwise be plug and play. We don't have pricing or really any public results on it yet....but I am optimistic.
    brokestatus likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when the BWS (big wheel stocker) situation came around the SRT-4 scene. Minimal gains, lots of problems, and too much money for what it is. It is going to be the same situation here.

Sponsored Links