My Kona Blue Build - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: My Kona Blue Build

is A slave to the grind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's next

I'm seriously leaning towards getting an Accesport & tune from JST. I've been doing tons of research and I know people say JST has a ton of fanboys but they do seem to have a good product. I do not want those stupid crackles & pops. It's very annoying. I just want a good performance mod for a daily driver.

Other than the accessport, I'm thinking of the CP-E quad tip exhaust. It's a bit pricey but it looks and sounds awesome, IMO.

Oh, and I may spring for some tint. I'm thinking 35% on the side windows and 15% on the back window.
    2016 Kona Blue Ford Focus ST

Performance Mods: Green filter, Symposer delete, CPE Stage 2 Rear motor mount, PowerStop drilled and slotted brake kit, Konig Myth Gloss Black Wheels w/ Machined Blue Face, Riken RAPTOR ZR A/S 235/40R18 tires
    Forscan mods: ST Performance Splash screen, Global Windows, Voice activated climate, double honk delete...
    15% tint
    Purchased but not installed: CPE light weight intercooler, Velossa Tech big mouth ram air snorkel, 28" LED lightbar

I spend too much of my life on FST! G heinrich's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karpomatic View Post
    I'm seriously leaning towards getting an Accesport & tune from JST. I've been doing tons of research and I know people say JST has a ton of fanboys but they do seem to have a good product. I do not want those stupid crackles & pops. It's very annoying. I just want a good performance mod for a daily driver.

Other than the accessport, I'm thinking of the CP-E quad tip exhaust. It's a bit pricey but it looks and sounds awesome, IMO.

Oh, and I may spring for some tint. I'm thinking 35% on the side windows and 15% on the back window.
    Looks good. As far as tunes I think I'm going to go with jst also. I've been running the OTs stage 3 91 octane tune and I fill with 93. And that seems to be doing pretty well for right now. as far as tint I've always liked it as dark as I can legally go. Which in fortunately in New York means I could only add 15% tint on the side windows.add some shifter mods if you don't already have them it'll make driving it so much better. Solid cable Mount bushings, solid cable end bushings, short shift arm, and a heavier shift knob make driving so much more pleasurable.

is A slave to the grind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G heinrich View Post
    Looks good. As far as tunes I think I'm going to go with jst also. I've been running the OTs stage 3 91 octane tune and I fill with 93. And that seems to be doing pretty well for right now. as far as tint I've always liked it as dark as I can legally go. Which in fortunately in New York means I could only add 15% tint on the side windows.add some shifter mods if you don't already have them it'll make driving it so much better. Solid cable Mount bushings, solid cable end bushings, short shift arm, and a heavier shift knob make driving so much more pleasurable.
    Thanks for the advice. I haven't looked into anything shifter wise yet. The replacement knob I bought is a bit heavier than the stock one and the adapter made it a bit taller but I don't mind the height. The CP-E RMM really made the most difference in providing solid shifts. The vibration was ridiculous in the beginning but has settled down to a tolerable level.

As far as the tint, any non-factory tint is illegal in NJ but the police don't seem to bother anyone as long as it's not super dark.

Performance Mods: Green filter, Symposer delete, CPE Stage 2 Rear motor mount, PowerStop drilled and slotted brake kit, Konig Myth Gloss Black Wheels w/ Machined Blue Face, Riken RAPTOR ZR A/S 235/40R18 tires
    Forscan mods: ST Performance Splash screen, Global Windows, Voice activated climate, double honk delete...
    15% tint
    Purchased but not installed: CPE light weight intercooler, Velossa Tech big mouth ram air snorkel, 28" LED lightbar

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

is looking up parts I can't
    afford

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. I haven't looked into anything shifter wise yet. The replacement knob I bought is a bit heavier than the stock one and the adapter made it a bit taller but I don't mind the height. The CP-E RMM really made the most difference in providing solid shifts.
    I would also highly recommend upgrading the shifting components, it's the first thing I did and it's a great bang for your buck. If you wan't to save some money like I did, plus have a super easy install, you can go with a short shift plate (I have the Cobb one but there are many good ones out there). Takes maybe 20-30 mins to install, plus you can replace the bushings at the same time.

Also, when you mentioned the red calipers, I too have a '16 Kona blue and mine came with red painted rotors. Personally, I strongly dislike the red just because I think it doesn't go great with the blue - I would have preferred them unpainted or even painted white haha.

is A slave to the grind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXslowboi View Post
    I would also highly recommend upgrading the shifting components, it's the first thing I did and it's a great bang for your buck. If you wan't to save some money like I did, plus have a super easy install, you can go with a short shift plate (I have the Cobb one but there are many good ones out there). Takes maybe 20-30 mins to install, plus you can replace the bushings at the same time.

Also, when you mentioned the red calipers, I too have a '16 Kona blue and mine came with red painted rotors. Personally, I strongly dislike the red just because I think it doesn't go great with the blue - I would have preferred them unpainted or even painted white haha.
    My calipers are not painted and look like ****. They're so much more noticeable with the new wheels. I plan on getting white stripes sometime in the future. I was thinking of having a thin red line added to the outside of the white stripes just to tie it all in with the red caliper covers and the red mouth on the Velossa Tech ram air snorkel. I can get the caliper covers powder coated in Kona Blue but it's over $400 and there's no way in hell I'm paying that. I have a feeling that white calipers would become gray really fast.

This is an example of the stripes I want. This is on a Performance Blue though:
    Name:  20190420_090442.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  2.88 MB

15% tint

I spend too much of my life on FST! G heinrich's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXslowboi View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I haven't looked into anything shifter wise yet. The replacement knob I bought is a bit heavier than the stock one and the adapter made it a bit taller but I don't mind the height. The CP-E RMM really made the most difference in providing solid shifts.

Okp seems like a good company in there really super cheap for shifter cable bushings and such. And I cannot attest to a shift plate as I install the shift arm it's also super easy one pin to knock out call the headlight so you can put a long crunch in there and drive the pin out your golden. I have the torque solutions shift I'ts about 70 bucks.

is Boutta get my camping game on!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JST is a great company, and so is Stratified in regards to tunes for our ST's. I have a 93 Octane Stratified tune, and DD my ST about 35-40 miles per day right now. Everything CP-E makes (to my knowledge), is an exceptional product, thus a higher price point.

is A slave to the grind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SToked13 View Post
    JST is a great company, and so is Stratified in regards to tunes for our ST's. I have a 93 Octane Stratified tune, and DD my ST about 35-40 miles per day right now. Everything CP-E makes (to my knowledge), is an exceptional product, thus a higher price point.
    Stratified is also on my short list for a tune. I know there are many tuner options out there and they've all got their happy customers. JST & Stratified seem to be at the top. Freaktune rounds out the top 3 for me. I always put 92 or 93 in my ST. I drive 60 miles a day round trip for work.

I wasn't complaining about the price for the CP-E exhaust. All the CP-E products I have are exceptional and I expect no less.

It does look sweet too. https://www.cjponyparts.com/cp-e-cat.../p/FFSSTDCBEM/

15% tint

is Boutta get my camping game on!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stratified is also on my short list for a tune. I know there are many tuner options out there and they've all got their happy customers. JST & Stratified seem to be at the top. Freaktune rounds out the top 3 for me. I always put 92 or 93 in my ST. I drive 60 miles a day round trip for work.

I wasn't complaining about the price for the CP-E exhaust. All the CP-E products I have are exceptional and I expect no less.

It does look sweet too. https://www.cjponyparts.com/cp-e-cat.../p/FFSSTDCBEM/
    I didn't mean it like you were complaining, sorry it came off that way. If I could afford CP-E for most parts I would, I ended up going with the Magnaflow CBE. You will be fine with either of the above mentioned tuners

is looking up parts I can't
    afford

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an example of the stripes I want. This is on a Performance Blue though:
    Name:  20190420_090442.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  2.88 MB
    I think the stripes will look great on the kona blue! Keep posting updates and pics as you build, I like what you've done so far

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links