Ford Focus ST Forum banner

The Ginga Ninja ST Build

10K views 43 replies 5 participants last post by  Ginger_snaps4 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all! I figured I've done too much to even think about adding it to my signature, so I'm going to make a build thread.....3yrs later. Oops

Anyways, 2016 Kona Blue Focus ST bought with 61 miles on the clock. It was a birthday present to myself after I started my first big kid job.

Thanks to APPARENTLY EVERYONE, but last I saw was @nickbaldwin86 for the quick build layout template

Engine/Transmission:
COBB Cold Air Intake (Filter and Tube)
Steeda symposer delete
3" Catless Downpipe (No idea what brand) w/ Vibrant 1458 2-Bolt High Temp Exhaust Gasket
Ford Racing Catback Exhaust w/ COBB exhaust hangers
CPE charge Pipes (Red)
CPE 3.5" Lightweight Intercooler
Tial BOV (Blue) on CPE Exhale Kit
Mountune Rear Motor Mount
Cobb Accessport V3 Stratified Tuned
JBR Short Shift Arm @ 40%
JBR Counter Weighted Shifter Cable Bushings
Boosted Designs solid shift bushings
Boosted Designs Solid Transmission cable bracket bushings
Redline Tuning hood struts
NGK 6510 Spark Plugs
Velossa Tech Big Mouth Snorkel
FL400s oil filter w/ Mobil 1 full synthetic
Stratified Xtra Fuel V2
Boomba Stage 2 OCC
Gen 2 GTX2867r

Up next:
MFactory LSD
MFactory XClutch
MFactory Synchros

Interior:
Blue Custom Shift Knob
Weathertech Floor mats
Steeda Clutch Spring
Cleenaire CAF6196 Cabin Air Filter
JBR Throttle Pedal Spacer

Exterior:
Whit Carbon Fiber ST inlays (Front and Back)
Craven Speed ST 2" shorty antenna
Mugen Window Visors
Maxton Wing Extension
Velossa Tech Wing Risers
Rolled Front Fenders
LED Reverse Lights
6000k LED Fog Lights
EcoBeaST windshield banner
Steeda Jacking Rails
JDFMV Reverse light tints
JDMFV Rear Reflector tints
Lamin X Rear light red overlay
Thin Blue Line rear quarter window inlays
JBR Rear Wiper Delete

Wheels:
Cosmis Racing R5 White 18X8.5 ET40 wheels w/ Michelin PS4S 245/40/18
Premium FoST wheels w/ cheap Kenda 235/45/18 A/Ss
Sport Edition A9 17x7.5 ET48 wheels w/ Bridgestone Blizzaks 215/50/17
Orion Motor Tech Carbon Steel Black Lug Nuts

Suspension/chassis:
Mountune Clubsport Suspension
TB Performance Products Front Traction Bar
TB Performance Products Rear Traction Bar
TB Performance Products Strut Brace

Brakes:
Brakeperformance.com Drilled & Slotted Rotors
EBC red-stuff pads
Need to upgrade lines to stainless steel still

Tune:
JST 93 aux fuel tune around 350hp
JST E40 aux fuel tune around 416hp

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks to @nickbaldwin86 for the quick build layout template

Brakes:
Nothing, I like to live life on the edge...hopefully ordering new pads, rotors, and lines soon. Undecided on which (Probably Mountune package with blank rotors, street pads, ss lines)
HAHA no problem man! I think I took it from @UnfocusedST :crazy:

My recommendation on brakes is either RS Brembos (price is really so cheap no to) OR go with OEM rotors (they are the same and WAY cheaper on rockAuto), Mountune front and rear street pads, SS lines (I run StopTech) and Amsoils brake fluid (non-race).

Great build man!

#18 ·
Took my car to the dealer, my guy offered to replace the downpipe bracket for $100. I accepted before they realized they had to remove the entire exhaust lol.

Fixed for now! We will see how long it lasts.

Sunday is a nice cruise day with the local ST/RS fam. Hitting a nice scenic drive around the thumb of Michigan finishing off with a car show and Fireworks at the M1 concourse in Pontiac, MI! Map Ecoregion Urban design Land lot Plan

#20 ·
Took my car to the dealer, my guy offered to replace the downpipe bracket for $100. I accepted before they realized they had to remove the entire exhaust lol.

Fixed for now! We will see how long it lasts.

Sunday is a nice cruise day with the local ST/RS fam. Hitting a nice scenic drive around the thumb of Michigan finishing off with a car show and Fireworks at the M1 concourse in Pontiac, MI! View attachment 360191
Apparently there a VW DP bracket that is better than our OEM that fit with a little modding.

Also, what turbo is that?

#29 ·
Ok, just an update since last season...

I had a vac leak when I put on the turbo, fixed that and was running fine until the end of last season.

I brought out the car a month or two ago and it just didn't feel right. I ended up having a boost leak at the silicone couple before the throttle body. I finally fixed that and restarted tuning with Brian @ JST. Finally reached tune revision #23 and it's fixed and running better than ever!

From my virtual dyno estimates, it seems I'm making right around 400whp and 400wtq. Finally happy with the car!

I got new rubber (more Michelin Ps4s), and changed the oil when I brought it out for the season. I should probably check plug gaps soon.

Next up will be synchros, LSD, and clutch!

#31 ·
Taking her to dyno on Saturday, hoping the number won't depress me. I'll make sure to take pics and video.

I regapped the plugs, but after about 4k miles on the turbo they barely moved.

Jacking it up tonight to ensure there are no boost leaks, then I have to run my tank low and fill up with some fresh Ethanol.

Lastly, my driver's side headlight dropped somehow. Had to take the unit out and literally feel around with my fingers until I found a broken piece and kind of shoved it back into place. Let's see how long that lasts...

#37 ·
Reactions: junits15
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.