Focus RS Brembo Brake for a ST? - Page 25
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Focus RS Brembo Brake for a ST?

is boy calls it "daddies
    vroom vroom"

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThnxSVT View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with turning in the ST calipers as RS cores? The rears should be easy since they’re the same other than the paint, but I’m curious if anyone has any insight into if Rock Auto and/or Tasca gave them any static in returning the ST front calipers as the RS cores.
    Quote Originally Posted by fordboi415 View Post
    Yes my local Ford dealer took them back.. they dont care as long as its a caliper.
    seems like a trashy thing to do but I mean if it saves you a buck and they take it.... Why not go to a parts yard and grab the cheapest calipers you can get in the yard and turn those in?

I kept my calipers because just in case

I spend too much of my life on FST! rambleon84's Avatar
    is so mote be it

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have any experience with turning in the ST calipers as RS cores? The rears should be easy since they’re the same other than the paint, but I’m curious if anyone has any insight into if Rock Auto and/or Tasca gave them any static in returning the ST front calipers as the RS cores.
    I just ate the core charge when i ordered mine from Rock. Figured shipping them back would cost me and then if they didnt accept them, I would be out of luck. Also figured i would just hold on to them and if i ever sell the car, i would just swap them back and sell the Brembo's separately.

I spend too much of my life on FST! fordboi415's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaldwin86 View Post
    seems like a trashy thing to do but I mean if it saves you a buck and they take it.... Why not go to a parts yard and grab the cheapest calipers you can get in the yard and turn those in?

I kept my calipers because just in case
    Its trashy to turn in good working calipers as cores but going to the junkyard to grab junk to turn in isnt? Your logic is flawed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaldwin86 View Post
    I think you’re going from one extreme to another. I’d be turning in lower mileage Focus calipers for other new Focus calipers. While they’re not the exact same, the fact that Ford values both the ST and RS cores the the exact same $50 implies they value the cores the same.

I spend too much of my life on FST! rambleon84's Avatar
    is so mote be it

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fordboi415 View Post
    Its trashy to turn in good working calipers as cores but going to the junkyard to grab junk to turn in isnt? Your logic is flawed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you’re going from one extreme to another. I’d be turning in lower mileage Focus calipers for other new Focus calipers. While they’re not the exact same, the fact that Ford values both the ST and RS cores the the exact same $50 implies they value the cores the same.
    Pretty sure he was being sardonic...subtleties tend to get missed when just typing into these forums. Why send back your perfectly good ST calipers when you can just grab some $15 junkers, still sending back a different caliper; the ethical dilemma. Either way, no one is losing sleep over it, lets just move on

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good and agree

On a related note, has anyone ever sold their rotors/calipers/brackets/pads/hoses and got enough for them to make it worth their while? I have a ‘13 so my fronts are the less desirable setup, but I don’t know if people with non-STs actuallly buy this stuff.

At the and of the day I may just follow the lead of @Nick balwin86 and just hold onto the original stuff. If I’m feeling froggy later when I go to sell the car (no immediate plans) I can swap back to the original stuff and sell the RS stuff separately and probably recoup a decent amount of the money.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Sponsored Links