what's better for track use? BBK? or upgraded rotors/pads/fluid/cooling? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: what's better for track use? BBK? or upgraded rotors/pads/fluid/cooling?

I spend too much of my life on FST! crashmw's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not go for the rear setup, as I did not want to lose the parking brake...

To be clear though,... This setup is still untested.

CrashMW

is so mote be it

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crashmw View Post
    I did not go for the rear setup, as I did not want to lose the parking brake...

To be clear though,... This setup is still untested.

CrashMW
    yep, you will have to update this thread once you have put them through the ringer. thanks for answer on the Rotora's, they are an interesting option with what they offer. Curious to see who they perform on the ST. I agree, it would be hard to give up the parking brake, too hard to do on a car i daily.
    Mod list here

is planning for next track day !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tracked 10/10 my '17 on stock wheels/F1s with Motul 600, Hawk DTC 60's on front with zero fade all day. Stock rears. 5 20 min sessions, 2 mile course, 9 turns.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Yesterday was my track event at Laguna Seca, which is the same track that I have been visiting and experiencing braking issues. Temps started out cloudy in the 60s and moved into sunny low 70s.
    I can positively report back that I had zero brake issues yesterday with the Rotora setup.
    The only prep work was that I changed from street pads to their race pads in the front, and the rear I changed from stock street pads to XP10s. Changing the rears took MUCH longer than the fronts, as the fronts have a bridge bolt that you remove, and the pads come right out (very nice).
    I ran 4 full sessions (well almost 4 as I blew my charge pipe about 15min into the 4th session).
    I will bleed the brakes this weekend to see if there are any signs of boiling, but I am guessing that there will not be. These things were simply amazing. I had so much brake, and it was a HUGE relief not having to worry about my pedal going into T2.

The BBK is the Rotora Super Challenge kit.
    Now I just need better tires (ran Bridgestone RE760 sports in 255/35).

is so mote be it

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crashmw View Post
    The BBK is the Rotora Super Challenge kit.
    Now I just need better tires (ran Bridgestone RE760 sports in 255/35).
    So the setup is worth the price of admission for someone looking to do some serious track work? How much thicker are the rotors compared to the RS ones you previously ran? Did you go with the Carbon Ceramic rotors?
    Mod list here

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midweSTST View Post
    I tracked 10/10 my '17 on stock wheels/F1s with Motul 600, Hawk DTC 60's on front with zero fade all day. Stock rears. 5 20 min sessions, 2 mile course, 9 turns.
    You are one of the lucky ones! Don't have to spend money to go around in circles having a good time.
    I actually like my F1s on the track...more so than the RE760 sports, but the 760 is a superior DD tire in my opinion, and the pricing of the F1s are up there.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rambleon84 View Post
    So the setup is worth the price of admission for someone looking to do some serious track work? How much thicker are the rotors compared to the RS ones you previously ran? Did you go with the Carbon Ceramic rotors?
    I am not certain. Going off of memory, the new rotors are 32mm or so in thickness, while the Brembos can accept up to 25.7mm or something like that. Again, this is just per memory. I do know that there was some small weight savings over the RS one piece, but it was minimal due to the added thickness.
    Another route is 2 pc rotors in stock thickness, and the Brembo calipers, but replace the OEM Aluminum pistons with Stainless pistons from Racing Brake. (this option was not available until after I acquired the Rotora BBK).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links