Mountune BBK - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mountune BBK

I spend too much of my life on FST! Loki C346's Avatar
    is car crazy

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trondelond View Post
    That's too bad. I do like the look of the mountune kit, and the shields that go with the kit seem like a good idea instead of cutting the ones I have. As far as I can tell the RS shields don't bolt up to the ST knuckle?
    I've only ordered something from them once, they did send the wrong parts but they were super quick to rectify the situation. This was Mountune UK though.
    Maybe I should just go for an RS kit then, only downside is that I'll have to get front and rears at the same time, I won't be able to live with different colour calipers
    The RS shields do not work. I forget the specifics, but certain year ST shields work fine. I think the very early 13/14s would require you to cut the radial flange to make room for the rotor. The shields are really cheap from the dealer though.

There's no point buying RS rear calipers unless you have to have them painted blue (but like I said you can order RS front calipers unpainted from dealerships or Rockauto). The only difference is RS has a more aggressive pad compound. The larger OD rotor is done with a unique caliper bracket (same bracket as that found on the ~2010 Mazda5), but it's a marginal difference over an ST.
    2013 ST3 - TSB Mounts - K&N Filter - Ford Racing Snorkel - Unleashed Tuning Calibration - Denso ITV22 Plugs - FSWERKS Intercooler - CP-e Catted DP - Mishimoto Intake

Premium Member
    is training to beat Goku, or at
    least Krillin.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bought a set of dust shields for the larger ST brakes and they worked well. I did have to trim a little bit for caliper clearance. The rotors cleared fine.

Sent from another garage.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I did the RS Sheilds on my RS Brembo BBK brake install today...

So the front two bolts of the RS Shield mount up just fine. The ones next to the caliper bolts... The third bolt (that sits at 9 o'clock), that hole does not line up, so I hole punched (with an Awl) the new bolt hole location AFTER the step below... And drilled out (with a stepped drill bit) for a little larger than the bolt threads...

I did have to hammer flat the bottom "raised area" that sits 6 o'clock (as you look at the shield mounted on the hub). The rotor did lightly rub against that on a dry test fit, and before hammering flat... after that was nicely smashed flat, I marked the 3rd hole... hammered the shield a little to the shape of the knuckle near that 3rd hole... and now the RS shield works like a champ!! Great fit...

Also installed the air guides... and just finished "bedding in" the new pads/rotors front and rear... The smell of BBQ's brakes smelled good! drove for a couple of miles afterward, to let things cool down... and letting the car sit with no parking brake applied...

T'was a good 4 beer mod! (front and rear calipers, rotors, pads, brake bleeding all around)...

but I am beat, as I did the Bilstein B8's front and rear yesterday (to go with FRPP 2013 springs)... It was the first weekend I have had any time to mod in months...
    UnfocusedST likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links