Ford Focus ST Forum banner

2015 Focus ST Steering wheel onto 2014 ST?

142K views 283 replies 70 participants last post by  itsjustdibella 
#1 ·
First, I'll apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I did not see anything that related to "interior". With that said...

I recently (as in a day ago), purchased a new 2014 Focus ST. I am a big fan of every aspect of the car except for one major piece of equipment on the interior - the steering wheel. The 4-spoke design just seems antiquated and cumbersome in some aspects of driving and I would LOVE to replace it.

So I know the 2015 Focus ST is on its way and based on the changes, they've updated the steering wheel to a very nice 3-spoke design. My question is, and this may be too early of a discussion, will the 2015 Focus ST steering wheel fit on the 2014 Focus ST? I do realize a whole new airbag will be required, and it's probably not the cheapest modification, but I am curious if it can be done. And maybe I will become the guinea pig.

I mean, look at the difference!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Ford motor company

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Center console

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm not a fan of that wheel either, but it looks like the controls on the wheel are better designed ergonomically. JP

#18 ·
Hmm the pedal placement and shape looks like it may be better on the 15. That is the one annoying thing I have found so far. Maybe I will look into swapping pedals. Hopefully the oem mounting bracket is improved also, because my accelerator pedal has some lateral play in it. Having the pedal arms made out of plastic does not help either.

#20 ·
I am also interested in this (just for the flat bottom). If it's possible then you can bet that you will see an install video done by CJ Pony Parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
What do you guys think about our modified steering wheels for current Focus ST?

Steering part Steering wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Car
Steering part Steering wheel Auto part

They are all handmade individually, in couple of variants:
- with gloss black plastic parts
- with carbon-fibre parts
- Stock aluminium finish

They can be stitched with different kinds of leather (perforated, etc) and any colors of threads.
The wheel is smaller in diameter than original, and thicker, thus giving more aggressive/sporty grip

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi to every-one!
Since FF3 became a "Global Car" for Ford, all parts in this generation Focus are the same
for 100% sure you can check the similarity of the steering mounting

These Steering wheels have same mounting as mk2 Focuses too, so i guess theyll surely fit!

As for prices, its kind of high (since it's calculated for entire steering with airbag)

- with stock aluminium finish
- with gloss black parts
- with carbon-fibre parts
- with/without airbag (we need to check the posibility of using stock one)
- with/without lower buttons
- colors/materials of detailing (leather, threads, etc. )

#28 ·
I'm travelling now, will email you guys when I'm home ( which is far away from the states) or you can pm me.

Basically my requirements are stock aluminium. Standard leather wrap with blue stitching.

Controls are: top right for head unit and to activate voice calls, top left for toggling the screen in front of the steering and bottom left for cruise control

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is a great question. Besides pricing...Can you get a 2013 style steering wheel to work on a 2014? 2013's from what I gather have the controls on both sides of the bottom half, where as 2014's have the right lower half controls integrated with the top? If you know what I mean then great, if not ill have to clarify.

Reactions: SwankST
#34 ·
For sure no one except the engineers at Ford knows if you can put the '15 wheel on a '14 or '13. However, this is a refresh not a new design. And I don't think they did any major changes to the electronics. So in theory a 2015 wheel should be plug and play with a '13 or '14 car because the scales of mass production wouldn't make much sense to change the wiring harness or steering column. Only question would be if the airbag is the same or not.

But again, all theory; no hard facts.

#37 ·
Photos should be back now.

Reactions: SS-Tuning
#39 ·
This is what we have in Australia:

If I converted to your version will it affect our volume up / down functions as well as bluetooth phone answer / hang up setup?

If not I'd like to my an EOI (Enquiry of interest) on a black polished look plastic with blue stitching steering wheel with shipping to Sydney Metro Australia :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.