Ford Performance Calibration 2018 focus ST
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ford Performance Calibration 2018 focus ST

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford Performance Calibration 2018 focus ST

Just installed my Ford performance Calibration on my Focus ST. It's amazing but I think my ST is making more than 21psi!! Should I be concerned? Can that little tiny turbo handle more than 21psi?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator Duece McCracken's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is boosting again, but that 5spd
    life, ugh.

Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derekjowells View Post
    Just installed my Ford performance Calibration on my Focus ST. It's amazing but I think my ST is making more than 21psi!! Should I be concerned? Can that little tiny turbo handle more than 21psi?

You should be concerned about your plug gap, and quality of fuel. The FRPP pushes to 25 psi iirc. Which tapers to like 11psi at redline. The K03 turbo spools fast, but cant flow enough to maintain psi much, especially with it's extremely weak wastegate actuator. It's fine.

As I always say, look into some way to monitor your ignition corrections real time. So you dont LSPi and blow ringlands. One of the reasons I prefer the Accessport, and dislike the FRPP tune in general. Thats a rant in many other threads, I'll spare this one, lmao
    xTheMan42 likes this.
    Owner and lead tech of Duece's Wrenchworx. The one stop shade tree ST shop.

Build thread - https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...-duecette.html

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece McCracken View Post
    You should be concerned about your plug gap, and quality of fuel. The FRPP pushes to 25 psi iirc. Which tapers to like 11psi at redline. The K03 turbo spools fast, but cant flow enough to maintain psi much, especially with it's extremely weak wastegate actuator. It's fine.

As I always say, look into some way to monitor your ignition corrections real time. So you dont LSPi and blow ringlands. One of the reasons I prefer the Accessport, and dislike the FRPP tune in general. Thats a rant in many other threads, I'll spare this one, lmao
    Forgot to mention, it came with spark plugs which I had installed as well. The guys who installed did everything said they had to gap the plugs. As for the quality of fuel, currently using Mobil 93. Haha please rant because I'm still learning about this stuff. I really want the Accessport but just don't have the cash right now. Would it be worth it to get a better wastegate? I know it'll need a tune, but it'll probably be a waste (no pun intended) since I flashed FRPP (which can't be modified?) and I don't have the Accessport right?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    life, ugh.

Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention, it came with spark plugs which I had installed as well. The guys who installed did everything said they had to gap the plugs. As for the quality of fuel, currently using Mobil 93. Haha please rant because I'm still learning about this stuff. I really want the Accessport but just don't have the cash right now. Would it be worth it to get a better wastegate? I know it'll need a tune, but it'll probably be a waste (no pun intended) since I flashed FRPP (which can't be modified?) and I don't have the Accessport right?

I wouldn't waste my time with modifying the K03. Besides full tuning on a AP3, Big turbo is my favorite mod. Pushing the torque out, making hp till redline, it really is leagues better than the stock turbo. Like any turbo is better, lol.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece McCracken View Post
    I wouldn't waste my time with modifying the K03. Besides full tuning on a AP3, Big turbo is my favorite mod. Pushing the torque out, making hp till redline, it really is leagues better than the stock turbo. Like any turbo is better, lol.
    Haha fair enough. Until big turbo time, I'll just make sure I don't floor it...

Premium Member
    life, ugh.

Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Haha fair enough. Until big turbo time, I'll just make sure I don't floor it...

You can floor it, just dont LSPi and be sure to run top tier gas.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The FRPP tune is only available through dealerships right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty_ST3 View Post
    The FRPP tune is only available through dealerships right?

The best price is through trueblueracing.com

To maintain the warranty, you need to have it installed by the dealer. You shouldnt need to purchase it through them.
    xTheMan42 likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkash99 View Post
    The best price is through trueblueracing.com

To maintain the warranty, you need to have it installed by the dealer. You shouldnt need to purchase it through them.
    I donít mean to hijack this thread, but I think this question can benefit everyone who is new to this tune. There is mention in the warranty on ford racing that it can be installed by any ase certified mechanic. There may be potential to save money on hourly labor by going to a smaller shop to get this put in.

My question is, when Ford does the install Iím sure they log it in their database and associate it with your vin. Thereby creating a paper trail to follow in the event of a warranty claim. But when a 3rd party mechanic does it, how does ford know the difference between an ase certified mechanic doing the install and say me with a laptop and a spark plug socket in my driveway?

Iím seeing people saying the dealer charged $200 for the install which is outrageous for 4 spark plugs and a software update. So Iím thinking about going to my local mechanic, but I want to be certain ford will still honor their warranty.

Thank you

department of redundancy department

I spend too much of my life on FST! fordboi415's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junits15 View Post
    I donít mean to hijack this thread, but I think this question can benefit everyone who is new to this tune. There is mention in the warranty on ford racing that it can be installed by any ase certified mechanic. There may be potential to save money on hourly labor by going to a smaller shop to get this put in.

My question is, when Ford does the install Iím sure they log it in their database and associate it with your vin. Thereby creating a paper trail to follow in the event of a warranty claim. But when a 3rd party mechanic does it, how does ford know the difference between an ase certified mechanic doing the install and say me with a laptop and a spark plug socket in my driveway?

Iím seeing people saying the dealer charged $200 for the install which is outrageous for 4 spark plugs and a software update. So Iím thinking about going to my local mechanic, but I want to be certain ford will still honor their warranty.

Thank you

Youll have to submit a form to ford performance with the techs info who installed it. Same way the dealer does it..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links