Ford Performance Calibration 2018 focus ST - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ford Performance Calibration 2018 focus ST

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fordboi415 View Post
    Youll have to submit a form to ford performance with the techs info who installed it. Same way the dealer does it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems Like I should make friends with someone with an ase certification lmao

department of redundancy department

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junits15 View Post
    I donít mean to hijack this thread, but I think this question can benefit everyone who is new to this tune. There is mention in the warranty on ford racing that it can be installed by any ase certified mechanic. There may be potential to save money on hourly labor by going to a smaller shop to get this put in.

My question is, when Ford does the install Iím sure they log it in their database and associate it with your vin. Thereby creating a paper trail to follow in the event of a warranty claim. But when a 3rd party mechanic does it, how does ford know the difference between an ase certified mechanic doing the install and say me with a laptop and a spark plug socket in my driveway?

Iím seeing people saying the dealer charged $200 for the install which is outrageous for 4 spark plugs and a software update. So Iím thinking about going to my local mechanic, but I want to be certain ford will still honor their warranty.

Thank you

My dealership actually recommended me to a place that's "Ford Certified", which means from what the dealership was telling me, they can safely do the mod without voiding your car's warranty. The gentlemen who sold me the car told me to get an invoice or any sort of paperwork from them just to be safe. 200 (which is what I paid) is freaking ridiculous when in reality, it should take us 20 minutes, not including the plug swap, to flash the thing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkash99 View Post
    The best price is through trueblueracing.com

To maintain the warranty, you need to have it installed by the dealer. You shouldnt need to purchase it through them.
    Got mine on through cjponyparts.com during a sale. Might want to check them out on memorial day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

I spend too much of my life on FST! xTheMan42's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derekjowells View Post
    Got mine on through cjponyparts.com during a sale. Might want to check them out on memorial day.

No one will beat True true blue in terms of pricing. Their price for the Tune + Plugs is $450:

2013-2018 FOCUS ST CALIBRATION WITH SPARK PLUGS

Seems like they finally caught on that they were well below everyone else, and raised it from $390.00. CJPP is selling it at $550. Still a good savings.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-per.../p/M14204FSTA/
    Last edited by xTheMan42; 05-03-2019 at 08:25 PM.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xTheMan42 View Post
    No one will be True true blue in terms of pricing. Their price for the Tune + Plugs is $450:

2013-2018 FOCUS ST CALIBRATION WITH SPARK PLUGS

Seems like they finally caught on that they were well below everyone else, and raised it from $390.00. CJPP is selling it at $550. Still a good savings.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-per.../p/M14204FSTA/
    Damn!! That is a good price! Wish I knew about them. On sale it was 475 I think. I was typing in trueblueracing.com and this ad website kept coming up. Thought you were spamming us

I spend too much of my life on FST! GotAFoSTnSpeed6's Avatar
    is Someone is pissing in the
    drinking water

What what in the butt, what what in the butt...oh I mean 717 yoo..York PA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my 18 last March and needless to say they didn't drop the Ford Procal for the 18 till about amonth or two ago so I was righteously pissed off because at that point I was already at 26k on my car(bought new with 60 miles on the odometer). So I did purchase the extended warranty through Ford...well I didn't really purchase it my sales rep/ford finance rep threw it in the package for FREEEE(adam sandlers voice). So for 3 or 4 months I was calling Ford Performance every couple days, did ya hear anything, did ya did ya did ya...it was the same bull**** everytime. Needless to say I got to the point where I was like well **** whats the point of waiting for a tune that is warrantied for up to 36K or 3 years, none because I hadn't even owned the car for a year when they finally dropped the tune and I already had 26K on the car by then. I just sent my accessport I had sittin in my Speed6 while its being repaired to Cobb and had them switch the part number over to a 18 Ford for 150 bucks and I was ready to go. And I have a pretty cool dealer and I have made no real serious changes to my car and I can unload the AP and tune like that. They can check the flash counter but thats got to be done away from dealership and I have receipts from all oil changes done and maintenance done. So really the warranty is worth more to me then just the motor. I mean theres the transmission, suspension, body, electrical, stereo..the guy during the purchase showed me the Ford Factory cost to replace one of the Sync 3 Sony units and it was like 1 or 2 G
    2018 Ford Focus ST2
    Metallic Blue
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air
    Stock Air box w/ K&N filter
    Mountune Symposer Delete
    Levels Performance FMIC w/
    HKS SQV4 endtank mounted
    Treadstone Factory BV Plugged
    BoomBa Racing Shifter Base & Cable Bracket Bushings
    Ford Racing Short Shifter
    COBB v3 Accessport

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford Performance Calibration 2018 focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by GotAFoSTnSpeed6 View Post
    I bought my 18 last March and needless to say they didn't drop the Ford Procal for the 18 till about amonth or two ago so I was righteously pissed off because at that point I was already at 26k on my car(bought new with 60 miles on the odometer). So I did purchase the extended warranty through Ford...well I didn't really purchase it my sales rep/ford finance rep threw it in the package for FREEEE(adam sandlers voice). So for 3 or 4 months I was calling Ford Performance every couple days, did ya hear anything, did ya did ya did ya...it was the same bull**** everytime. Needless to say I got to the point where I was like well **** whats the point of waiting for a tune that is warrantied for up to 36K or 3 years, none because I hadn't even owned the car for a year when they finally dropped the tune and I already had 26K on the car by then. I just sent my accessport I had sittin in my Speed6 while its being repaired to Cobb and had them switch the part number over to a 18 Ford for 150 bucks and I was ready to go. And I have a pretty cool dealer and I have made no real serious changes to my car and I can unload the AP and tune like that. They can check the flash counter but thats got to be done away from dealership and I have receipts from all oil changes done and maintenance done. So really the warranty is worth more to me then just the motor. I mean theres the transmission, suspension, body, electrical, stereo..the guy during the purchase showed me the Ford Factory cost to replace one of the Sync 3 Sony units and it was like 1 or 2 G
    Well if you bought an extended warranty from Ford for more than the 36k miles then it doesnít matter. Because if you had ever installed the FRPP tune you would have lost your extended warranty and been stuck on the 36k mile warranty that Ford Racing gives you.

Iíd just wait it out at this point and do a third party tune.
    Last edited by junits15; 07-09-2019 at 07:48 AM.
    department of redundancy department

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links