Used Focus RS Prices? - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Used Focus RS Prices?

I spend too much of my life on FST! xTheMan42's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzty View Post
    All 2016 and most 2017 need the head gasket done. Only late built 2017 and 2018 don’t need it done. You won’t find it on a recall as it was a FSA from Ford.

What’s FSA?

One last thing on the head gaskets, should it be on the vehicles carfax report if it was indeed replaced? If you were buying a used 2016-2017 RS would you still buy it if there was no proof that the head gaskets were replaced buy Ford on the carfax timeline reports? I keep looking each day & many of these cars have 15-20k miles on them & don’t show head gasket replacements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unlikely they'd show on carfax, as it's a maintenance item. Your other service requests wouldn't be on carfax, neither would this.
    Twizzty and PokerRun388 like this.

is waiting for you at the next
    light!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
    What’s FSA?

One last thing on the head gaskets, should it be on the vehicles carfax report if it was indeed replaced? If you were buying a used 2016-2017 RS would you still buy it if there was no proof that the head gaskets were replaced buy Ford on the carfax timeline reports? I keep looking each day & many of these cars have 15-20k miles on them & don’t show head gasket replacements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FSA stands for "Field Service Action" and it's not a recall unfortunately so it won't show on the carfax. If your purchasing at a Ford dealer(or know someone at a dealer who can check for you) you can ask for that cars Oasis Report(by VIN) and that'll show all maintenance done to the car including the FSA for the HG. Also the new HG will have a brass rivet on the HG front pass side of the engine that you can see/feel and you'll know it's the updated HG. See below pics:

Name:  RS HG 2.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  76.8 KB
    Name:  RS HG.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  39.8 KB

Unfortunately if it's not been done by now it isn't getting done as this particular FSA program ended 5-31-19.
    Last edited by Twizzty; 06-17-2019 at 09:33 AM.
    PokerRun388 likes this.
    2016 FoST - FBO E30 (Sold)
    2016 FoRS - FBO E35 (Sold)
    2018 Mustang GT A10 - Just getting started

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links