Used Focus RS Prices? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Used Focus RS Prices?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like the market here in Raleigh NC is pretty similar to out there. Mid-thirties at dealerships for not high mileage ones. Might be able to touch below 30k with a private sale.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
    Anyone know if the continental extreme contact 235/35R/19 is a good tire on the RS? I saw an ‘17 RS2 at a Ford Dealer in the Midwest & it has those tires on it. How would the car ride & perform vs. the Michelin Pilot super sports?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Conti Extreme Contact Sport is excellent, I had them on my old Mustang and couldn't have been happier. They are rated very similarly to the PSS. Though I'm not sure what line your specifically talking about there's the EC DW and EC DWS, which are quite different from the Sport, so just look out for that.
    PokerRun388 likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 20focusSTdriver17 View Post
    Apparently there were quite a number of people who didnt want to sit around for month's without their new car while dealerships replaced the head gaskets under the recall so they sold them back to Ford.

That very well might be the case, however the carfax never says, it’s only a timeline & very few of these cars show ‘head gasket’ replacement on their carfax reports. How stupid would I be to spend 35k on a used RS knowing that at any time my head gaskets might fail & I could potentially blow the engine? Don’t get me wrong, I love how the RS looks but dealers seem to be pricing them at a premium now & they sell them fairly easily. I just one a grey one go up for 39k. w/ 2 owners & 2.5k miles.

I’m also seeing ‘17-‘18 ST1’s priced at 20-23k which makes me laugh because last year you could’ve bought a new one for 19k.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw another one pop up. ‘16 with 27k miles for 31k. Ugh, I’m beginning to think that I might have to pass on the idea of getting one of these. I do love them but 31k with 27k miles is ridiculous.

is waiting for you at the next
    light!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it seems the RS is holding it's value very well. I bought my RS in '16 for $36K(RS1) new and the same dealer gave me $31.5k with 16k miles on it at the end of 2018.

Now is the time to buy a low mileage RS though as they're only get get rarer and more expensive as time goes on. It's not like Ford is bringing the RS back anytime soon.
    Last edited by Twizzty; 06-12-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    2016 FoST - FBO E30 (Sold)
    2016 FoRS - FBO E35 (Sold)
    2018 Mustang GT A10 - Just getting started

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzty View Post
    Yeah, it seems the RS is holding it's value very well. I bought my RS in '16 for $36K(RS1) new and the same dealer gave me $31.5k with 16k miles on it at the end of 2018.

Now is the time to buy a low mileage RS though as they're only get get rarer and more expensive as time goes on. It's not like Ford is bringing the RS back anytime soon.

May I ask why you traded it in so soon?

light!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I ask why you traded it in so soon?

I was FBO and e35 tuned and my RS went through 3 headgaskets in 16k miles, I even did APR studs with the 3rd headgasket and it still popped. The car was a rocket when it wasn't sitting at the dealer and made 440hp/450tq at the crank with simple bolt on's and tune. I ended up putting it back to stock and then it just wasn't as fun anymore.

Don't get me wrong I think the RS is an amazing car in stock form, but once you get a taste of it's modded capabilities there's just no going back. I mod everything, always have and always will and the RS just wasn't as mod friendly as my ST was and now GT is!

YMMV
    PokerRun388 likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was FBO and e35 tuned and my RS went through 3 headgaskets in 16k miles, I even did APR studs with the 3rd headgasket and it still popped. The car was a rocket when it wasn't sitting at the dealer and made 440hp/450tq at the crank with simple bolt on's and tune. I ended up putting it back to stock and then it just wasn't as fun anymore.

Don't get me wrong I think the RS is an amazing car in stock form, but once you get a taste of it's modded capabilities there's just no going back. I mod everything, always have and always will and the RS just wasn't as mod friendly as my ST was and now GT is!

YMMV

If I buy a ‘17 RS & just keep it stock & daily drive it, hows the ride quality & MPG? Do you think it would be a fun car to just go back & forth to work in? Run some errands on the weekends etc.?

light!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I buy a ‘17 RS & just keep it stock & daily drive it, hows the ride quality & MPG? Do you think it would be a fun car to just go back & forth to work in? Run some errands on the weekends etc.?

In stock form the RS was very close to the ST in MPG, it was a little worse if you were really pushing it though. I also thought the ride quality of my '16 was great but others complained about it having a "pogo" effect in normal mode. Ford actually changed the shocks(different part #) mid 2017 and most people say that eliminated the pogo effect. I like a stiffer suspension and it's normally the first mod I make so that's most likely why I didn't mind the '16 as it was.

The car is an amazing daily driver in stock form and the AWD is super confidence inspiring in any weather, I loved it in the rain...rain + drift mode = FUN! It also felt like the RS had more mid-range power with the stock tune and was super smooth, almost too smooth like you look down and your doing 100 mph and you think to yourself "how the hell did I get up to this speed".

One thing to keep in mind and no one mentions is the insurance rates, mine doubled coming from the ST and then went drastically down when I bought the GT. I asked our agent(Progressive for the last 15 years) and she said the RS is in the same insurance class as a GT350R, so be prepared for that.

There really isn't anything like it and I have no doubt you'll enjoy it in stock form.
    PokerRun388 likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used Focus RS Prices?

In stock form the RS was very close to the ST in MPG, it was a little worse if you were really pushing it though. I also thought the ride quality of my '16 was great but others complained about it having a "pogo" effect in normal mode. Ford actually changed the shocks(different part #) mid 2017 and most people say that eliminated the pogo effect. I like a stiffer suspension and it's normally the first mod I make so that's most likely why I didn't mind the '16 as it was.

The car is an amazing daily driver in stock form and the AWD is super confidence inspiring in any weather, I loved it in the rain...rain + drift mode = FUN! It also felt like the RS had more mid-range power with the stock tune and was super smooth, almost too smooth like you look down and your doing 100 mph and you think to yourself "how the hell did I get up to this speed".

One thing to keep in mind and no one mentions is the insurance rates, mine doubled coming from the ST and then went drastically down when I bought the GT. I asked our agent(Progressive for the last 15 years) and she said the RS is in the same insurance class as a GT350R, so be prepared for that.

There really isn't anything like it and I have no doubt you'll enjoy it in stock form.

I actually did call my insurance (AAA) & ask for a few quotes. As soon as I gave them the VIN # they said $500 increase annually for the RS & that it was a set rate, regardless of age or driving record. I was blown away at how much my rate would increase. I then gave them the VIN for an ‘18 ST & it was about half of the RS rate.

But yea, factor in insurance costs, premium gas, oil changes etc. & owning an RS is definitely going to be pricy. Sometimes I just get caught up in “how cool the RS looks” but when I actually take the time to think it over & factor in insurance costs etc. it’s definitely an expensive car to own.

Twizzty likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links