The DM Passenger Side Engine Mount test thread. BETA TESTERS WANTED
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The DM Passenger Side Engine Mount test thread. BETA TESTERS WANTED

is damondmotorsports.com

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DM Passenger Side Engine Mount test thread. BETA TESTERS WANTED

Hey guys, so we have been working on developing mounts for the Focus ST. We've gained immense knowledge and experience with engine mounts on the Mazdaspeed3 platform, and we want to bring that to the ST.

On the Mazdaspeed platform we've been able to let our mounts speak for themselves, as we've gotten great positive feedback from testers and customers. However we are also looking to measure dB levels, vibrations of the cabin before and after our mounts, and engine movement before and after, along with tester's thoughts/reviews/opinions.

Here’s just some for the reviews of our MS3 PMM: https://damondmotorsports.com/collec...roduct-reviews
    And a video of a tester installing our transmission mount, then PMM:

At the moment, we've prototyped a passenger side engine mount for the FoST, and we're looking for a few beta testers. Our beta tester program allows testers to purchase a prototype product at a fraction of the cost of the final production piece (we generally do this as a refund after testing). In return we ask for honest feedback on the product, including reviews, comparisons to other mounts, dB and vibration testing (if possible), and abuse tests (hard driving, launching, track abuse: drag strip, autoX, and road course). We also have a 100% refund policy, were if you don't like the mount, we'll pay to have it sent back and refund you all you paid. And if you wish to change out components when the production mount is available, we'll get you them at discount.

What we're looking for in beta testers:
    You can provide feedback, reviews, and testing.
    You have experience with running other manufacture's mounts, and can give detailed comparisons.
    You currently have a high HP/built ST that sees a decent amount of hard driving or abuse, or you daily a stock to modified ST.
    You have a good and honest reputation in the ST community.
    Not necessary, but... If you're local to Chicago, or run our products on your current ride, that's always a big plus!

If you're interested in beta testing, please fill out one of the attached documents (word or PDF) and send it over to [email protected]

With the Damond Motorsports motor mounts we aim to make a mount that is over-engineered to exceed any power goal, while still maintaining daily drivability of a slight NVH increase. Meaning it'll take whatever power you throw at it, while not driving you crazy with extreme amounts of added vibes and noise.

One last thing, here's our PMM prototype...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be interested bc I will be going big turbo soon and I'm going to need a solution to wheel and engine movement.

is ready for some perfect turbo
    weather.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of increase in performance do you expect to get from this? I know the RMM reduces wheel hop, does this simply further reduce that or is there another added perk as well, such as throttle response etc?
    2013 Tuxedo Black ST3

Stratified-Tuned Cobb APV3
    Steeda FMIC
    TurboSmart Dual Port BOV
    Mountune Intake with K&N Filter
    MBRP CBE
    FRPP Snorkel
    FRPP Gloss Black Wheels
    CFM Adjustable RMM
    FRPP Short Throw Shifter with Boomba Aluminum Bushings and FSWERKS SSK
    Lathe Werks Knob
    RokBlokz Mudflaps
    Garageline 20/20 Wheel Spacers
    Denso ITV22 One Step Colder Plugs

"If everything seems under control, you aren't going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

is Jala

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryman13 View Post
    What kind of increase in performance do you expect to get from this? I know the RMM reduces wheel hop, does this simply further reduce that or is there another added perk as well, such as throttle response etc?
    keeps the motor more planted, i've heard ppl say replacing the two side mounts got rid of false knock
    E30(ish), Stock Turbo, Fully "Bolted On", & B8s w/ Fancy Springs

Super Moderator Duece McCracken's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is boosting again, but that 5spd
    life, ugh.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Tighter front end, tighter shifting, less wheel hop, more cabin vibes, potential to cure some false knock.

There are plenty of threads on them.
    Owner and lead tech of Duece's Wrenchworx. The one stop shade tree ST shop.

Build thread - https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...-duecette.html

is damondmotorsports.com

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Along with what @jalapeno ; and @Duece McCracken ; mentioned, the car will feel more responsive, as that initial transition into power is transmitted more directly, and not absorbed as much as with stock mounts. An added perk with tracking or brisk driving/cornering is that the car feels more stable during corner exit, as the powertrain is better secured and when you get on the power that power is more directly applied to the ground. Throttle modulation is improved too, as there's less or a force of the engine moving around, on/off throttle, making the car feel more controllable.

We didn't even think of these perks until we started receiving feedback from testers and customers who track their cars heavily.

I spend too much of my life on FST! Keebs_yo's Avatar
    is a peacock. You gotta let me
    fly!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed a big reduction in torque steer as well.

2013 Focus ST2
    ACT HD Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel
    Bilstein B8's
    Boomba Short Shifter & Solid Shifter Bushings(Base and Trans.)
    Boomba Symposer Delete
    COBB AP w/ Stratified 93 Flash Tune
    COBB CAI
    COBB CBE
    COBB DP
    COBB FMIC
    COBB RMM
    COBB Short Shift Plate
    COBB Sport Springs
    Damond Motorsports Passenger Side Motor Mount
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
    NGK One Step Colder Plugs
    StopTech Slotted Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads
    Triple R Front Splitter
    TSW Nurburgring Wheels

#LylaStrong

is ready for some perfect turbo
    weather.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damond Motorsports View Post
    Along with what @jalapeno ; and @Duece McCracken ; mentioned, the car will feel more responsive, as that initial transition into power is transmitted more directly, and not absorbed as much as with stock mounts. An added perk with tracking or brisk driving/cornering is that the car feels more stable during corner exit, as the powertrain is better secured and when you get on the power that power is more directly applied to the ground. Throttle modulation is improved too, as there's less or a force of the engine moving around, on/off throttle, making the car feel more controllable.

We didn't even think of these perks until we started receiving feedback from testers and customers who track their cars heavily.
    Sold. If you still need, I'd definitely be interested in being a lab rat for you guys.
    2013 Tuxedo Black ST3

Stratified-Tuned Cobb APV3
    Steeda FMIC
    TurboSmart Dual Port BOV
    Mountune Intake with K&N Filter
    MBRP CBE
    FRPP Snorkel
    FRPP Gloss Black Wheels
    CFM Adjustable RMM
    FRPP Short Throw Shifter with Boomba Aluminum Bushings and FSWERKS SSK
    Lathe Werks Knob
    RokBlokz Mudflaps
    Garageline 20/20 Wheel Spacers
    Denso ITV22 One Step Colder Plugs

"If everything seems under control, you aren't going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I spend too much of my life on FST! SlowestSVT's Avatar
    is 1337

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emailed

is "Moderating" all the
    beers ;)

Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Damond Motorsports I will fill out the form and email you as soon as I am off shift. You have my full attention on this.
    Engine Cobb APV3- 93 Stratified Tuned CP-E Stage 2 RMM Damond Motorsports PSM Steeda Intake Box with filter/Gen 1 Depo "Son of Beast" 3.5" FMIC MBRP Pro Series Catback Exhaust MBRP 3" Catless Downpipe Forge BOV
    Shift Boosted Designs Trans/Shift Bushings Breedt Shift Arm Anarchy Motive Shift Knob Ford Racing Short Shifter
    Visual Velossa Tech Wing Risers DMB Green Emblems Shift boot re-stitched Green Steering wheel enameled green Engine Covers and Calipers Panted Green Green Fog Light Bulbs Smoked LED Tail Lights Boosted Designs Mud Flaps Visual Garage Shark Fin
    Suspension Proline 901 18x8 ET40 Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires Hawk Sector 27 rotors Hawk HPS pads

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links