Looking for some answers about ST exhale kits
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

is contemplating future upgrades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for some answers about ST exhale kits

Hello! I currently have an aftermarket BOV (turbosmart), and I was wondering if the CPE kit is worth the upgrade. I am using the stock vacuum pump line, not using intake manifold pressure, and I've heard that this blows off very quickly for safety reasons. This is my daily driver, so I wanted to be completely sure that using "real" intake vacuum will not lessen the longevity of the car. My last question is about the difficulty of the installation. I have seen some videos, and it seems pretty tricky because the space is very limited. I'm most interested in the kit with an HKS BOV, unless there's a better reason to get the kit with the Tial BOV. Thanks in advance!
    Fswerks: short shift kit, air intake, intercooler, catted downpipe & catback exhaust with Cobb hangers, rear motor mount, stage 3 tune
    JBR: symposer delete, short-throw shifter
    Turbosmart BOV
    TB Perf: cross-member brace, rear-mid chassis brace, rear sway bar end links, torque gusset
    RS Air Box
    Diode Dynamics LED yellow fog lights
    Steeda jack rails
    Sync3 upgrade (flvpmods.com)

Up Next:
    Damond throttle body & spacer
    Boomba intake manifold spacer

Planned:
    PowerFlex ST handling pack

Super Moderator Duece McCracken's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is boosting again, but that 5spd
    life, ugh.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve973 View Post
    Hello! I currently have an aftermarket BOV (turbosmart), and I was wondering if the CPE kit is worth the upgrade. I am using the stock vacuum pump line, not using intake manifold pressure, and I've heard that this blows off very quickly for safety reasons. This is my daily driver, so I wanted to be completely sure that using "real" intake vacuum will not lessen the longevity of the car. My last question is about the difficulty of the installation. I have seen some videos, and it seems pretty tricky because the space is very limited. I'm most interested in the kit with an HKS BOV, unless there's a better reason to get the kit with the Tial BOV. Thanks in advance!
    The CP-e kit is only an upgrade if you plan on going big turbo. More specifically a big turbo that requires an external bov setup, such as an ATP kit.

Its an easy install, if you undo the 4 bolts for the radiator support support the rad, and flex it out of the way. Gives you all the room.

If you don't plan on going big turbo, then you are just dropping 500 bucks for a novelty. Granted it does have a single meth bung, but you could just get their methcharge pipe instead.
    Owner and lead tech of Duece's Wrenchworx. The one stop shade tree ST shop.

Build thread - https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...-duecette.html

is contemplating future upgrades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks. If I decide to go with a bigger turbo, it will probably be with an RS head and the RS turbo, like I mentioned in another thread somewhere around here.
    Fswerks: short shift kit, air intake, intercooler, catted downpipe & catback exhaust with Cobb hangers, rear motor mount, stage 3 tune
    JBR: symposer delete, short-throw shifter
    Turbosmart BOV
    TB Perf: cross-member brace, rear-mid chassis brace, rear sway bar end links, torque gusset
    RS Air Box
    Diode Dynamics LED yellow fog lights
    Steeda jack rails
    Sync3 upgrade (flvpmods.com)

Up Next:
    Damond throttle body & spacer
    Boomba intake manifold spacer

Planned:
    PowerFlex ST handling pack

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    is training to beat Goku, or at
    least Krillin.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've been ru Ning the TiAL valve for most of my cars life. Had it now for over 6 years with almost 60K. A properly configured BOV won't mess with these cars since ours is MAP ot MAF based.

Sent from another garage.

Sponsored Links