Ford Focus ST Forum banner

San Francisco Bay Area

164K views 2K replies 167 participants last post by  greecoboost 
#1 ·
I see So Cal and Washington, but what about Bay Area folks? Who's got one, which model, how about these wonderful concrete expansion joints?

#1,494 ·
Checking in from Fremont. New 2016 Focus St owner. I have been driving on Hwy 9 and Black Rd. in Santa Cruz Mountains. I want to try Autocross. I signed up for Evolution autocross school Phase one driver school oct 8 at Marina airport. Anybody else doing autocross in the Bay Area? Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim
Photos taken on Black Rd.

#1,495 ·
Checking in from Fremont. New 2016 Focus St owner. I have been driving on Hwy 9 and Black Rd. in Santa Cruz Mountains. I want to try Autocross. I signed up for Evolution autocross school Phase one driver school oct 8 at Marina airport. Anybody else doing autocross in the Bay Area? View attachment 164410 View attachment 164418 Photos taken on Black Rd.
Don't currently autocross, but been meaning to sign up for the evo autocross school. Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

#1,497 ·
Hey folks... I'm in Burlingame, near SFO... Looking for a good spot to do test hits without endangering the general public too much...
Datalogging and such... know any good spots? (Room to do 4 WOT pulls from 2,000 RPM to 5,5000 or so in 3rd or 4th gear... smooth, flat, good visibility)

#1,506 ·
Did you ever find a spot Mark?

#1,498 ·
Hey hey hey! Just wanted to chime in here. Got mine last September, but just graduated college this semester so I'm actually back home! Live in Cupertino, working in Pleasanton. First manual car, not too shabby at all. I'm super paranoid about mine though, anything to watch out for when doing 80mi roundtrip commutes every day?

#1,505 ·
Yeah I'm just so short on free time these days that I usually ride on the weekends, but I'm sure I could make an exception for you guys haha. Also, next Saturday a few of us are meeting at Alice's to drive around 84/9/35/1.

#1,512 ·
Link was dead. Is it a ST meet?

#1,515 ·
Another Tri-Valley ST here. Purchased the past September.
Needed something more fun to take the kids to school as well as pick em up after work. So, not many miles and lucky to get 21mpg on a tank...
I never see the highway except on weekends.
Got the car so that I would have fun driving again, and so that when friends invite me to track days, I can make it. Been racing motorcycles in my youth, never tracked a car.

I did see a VERY nice OW ST just the other day in near downtown Pleasanton parked nose in a driveway, had white rims (1552 I believe) and looked like a bunch on money into it... Even had decals...
Anyway, look out for a 16 OW ST w FRPP exhaust, and 3 mudflats :( (need to epoxy the rt rear brackets back in place) But like IBPAINTIN, I also live on a dirt road, and currently do not even have a garage or paved driveway to work on... so not doing much work on my car these days (or my bikes for that matter).

Anyway ---Greetings---

#1,517 ·
LSD install

Guys in the Bay Area...
If I were interested in the Mfactory LSD, what shops should I look into? What should I expect to pay (Being the we are Norcal, I am sure it is pricey).
Should I just look for any old transmission shop with good Yelp reviews?

I am also thinking of coilovers as well, and would not be doing it on my own either...is this something that pretty much any shop can handle -like our local Goodyear tire shop (they have worked on all our cars for years and so far have been relatively good -if a bit pricey -again a function of Bay Area living I suppose).

Thanks in advance,

Mike

#1,521 ·
whats up fellow bay area peoples! Got my OW '17 ST-1 back in June! love this car and it is so much fun to drive! perfect car to drive back and forth to tahoe once a week...ive seen quite a few STs around the bay and was hoping it was some of you guys. I live on the peninsula and would love to pick your brains on places to drive or shops to use for various things...i look forward to meet ups and drives but i might be a little occupied with work this summer because our fine state likes to burn all summer long! be safe out there and hope to get to know you all sometime!
@lolibater what kind of mounts do you have for your rack? bike mounts? pics?

#1,522 ·
It's got the Inno fork lock mount. The one that require a removal of your front wheel. I'll have to get pics tomorrow when i get home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.