Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Steeda Chassis Jacking Rails

75K views 473 replies 100 participants last post by  pivonks91 
#1 ·
See less See more
#358 ·
I got around to installing mine this weekend and it's all straight forward and an easy install.

My only issue is the drivers side rail looks like I need to bend the bracket a bit because it is sagging too much to even jack the car up on it due to the movement.
It is all situated correctly and bolted up correctly. TQ'd the bolts evenly as well but it still sags too much to be useful.

The only issue is for me, I had someone run into me yesterday, so this is taking a backseat until I get the car squared away.

#359 ·
just ordered a set for my 15. cant wait to get them in and installed.

#361 ·
Got mine installed. Very easy install, especially on a 2013 with no fabric crap underneath. Seems like a pretty solid part, thanks again guys!

#365 ·
They won't sit completely flush as there is a spacer in the middle of the rail but they should sit relatively flush if you have all of the bolts tightened. I am assuming you checked to make sure there was nothing stuck between the rail and the underside of your car? Make sure the mounting points on the rails are not bent as well, although they are pretty beefy so I wouldn't think that would happen.

#366 ·
Mine sag a slight bit too, but I just ended up jacking the car up on that side, then hitting the two large mounting bolts with an impact. Snugged it up a bit more, but there's still some play. I think that's inherent in a long bar like this with mounting points on the end. I wouldn't worry about it if you've jacked it up a few times and felt like it is working.

#371 · (Edited)
Just installed my low profile bolt on rails. Very easy install that took me maybe an hour total. Most of that time I spent orienting myself and dealing with a crossthreaded bolt right out the box. Also noted was that my 15 did not have any of that felt underbody panel covering mentioned. Any other 15's notice this?

About that bolt, I bought my car brand new and this was the first time removing any of these bolts. This was the first one I removed and thought it was tight. I figured ok the factory put thread locker on. Then the other bolt came out really easy. Looked at the 1st bolt and sure enough it was cross threaded. Looked at the car side and those threads were mucked up too. For the passengers side I just removed the outer bolt and loosened the inner. Maybe I was supposed to do that anyways. Both of these came out/loosened easily as well. Looks like somebody at the factory had was having a case of the Mondays with their impact gun or they were in a hurry on a Friday at 5 and didn't give a crap. Either way I'm off to rethread these after I run errands for the wife. Y'all think it's safe to drive with 3 bolts in the case I have to order a new bolt?

I'll add photos when I can jump on my computer.

#375 ·
So question while I'm thinking about and since I got all these subscription notifications... Does the included jack still fit on the original jack points? Thinking about if I ever got a flat and needed to use that. From my memory I feel like the gap between the jack point and these rails is not very thick.

#376 ·
You should be able to use the factory jack with the rails to change a flat.

#385 · (Edited by Moderator)
Been multiple people in here talking about how great they are. I don't see how they would be different than the weld on besides how they mount.

That is essentially the difference, the weld in design was the first design & it wasn't ideal for most customers to take them & get them welded on.

The re-design is a more, simpler, bolt-in application that can be done in less time without the need of welding.

They have been a great item & they are moving very fast!

Best Regards,

TJ

Reactions: jam360nml
#387 ·
Are there any cons to the bolt in rails that anyone can think of? I know it says they dissipate moisture to eliminate rust etc., but I'm just curious overall that there's no added stress to any other parts and so on.

May seem ridiculous but I've never had or used jacking rails before, but I have chewed up pinch points on other cars and I want to avoid that on this one lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#394 ·
Hi everyone! We're always thinking of new parts to develop for the ST community, and while we've been busy with the new S550 Mustang, we haven't forgotten about you!

We would like to gauge interest on a potential new product for the ST: chassis jacking rails

Who would be interested? Here's a link to our S550 ones so you can get a better idea: Steeda S550 Mustang Ultra Lite Chassis Jacking Rails (15-16 Coupe) | 555-5205 | Free Shipping!

Thanks! View attachment 116566
Are you guys using carbon steel? or is that stainless with a coating?

#396 · (Edited)
Just purchased these today from CJ Pony Parts. Probably going to install in a week or two. (bolt ons)

Obviously I don't have a lift at home and to install these you can't jack the car from factory pinch welds...where can I jack the car up from to install? (front, rear?)

Reactions: tj@steeda
#397 ·
#399 ·
Vehicle Car Tire Automotive wheel system Wheel

Got the rails installed this weekend. One side took way longer than the other from just deciding what to do with the underside panel and factory seam sealer. Ended up cutting a notch in the underside panel to go around the bolts for the front bracket. This made it easier to fit the panel and tighten the bolt. Very happy with how "factory" these rails look...going to make mods/maintenance in the future very simple.

Reactions: cheatingk9610
#400 ·
View attachment 203090

Got the rails installed this weekend. One side took way longer than the other from just deciding what to do with the underside panel and factory seam sealer. Ended up cutting a notch in the underside panel to go around the bolts for the front bracket. This made it easier to fit the panel and tighten the bolt. Very happy with how "factory" these rails look...going to make mods/maintenance in the future very simple.
Seriously! Best "mod" i have to date!

#402 ·
I am apparently out of the loop! I just learned of these bolt-on rails and I am quite interested. I apologize for any redundant inquiries, but can anyone verify that:
(1) these rails, once installed, still allow the use of the factory emergency jack?
(2) these rails, once installed, would not cause issue with standard service lifts, such as at the Ford Dealer?

I have enjoyed my Steeda springs, and would look forward to another product from them. Thank you in advance to anyone with some insight!

#403 ·
I am apparently out of the loop! I just learned of these bolt-on rails and I am quite interested. I apologize for any redundant inquiries, but can anyone verify that:
(1) these rails, once installed, still allow the use of the factory emergency jack? I used it on the rails the other day when I couldn't find my second floor jack
(2) these rails, once installed, would not cause issue with standard service lifts, such as at the Ford Dealer? This is even better, they can't really miss and f up causing damage under your doors, especially if you bring it to a place that isn't 100% familiar with the OEM jack spots. The rails cover about 80% or more between the tires and can be lifted from any point as far as I know

I have enjoyed my Steeda springs, and would look forward to another product from them. Thank you in advance to anyone with some insight!

Reactions: jam360nml
#404 ·
yup can still us stock location/pinch welds to lift the car. call me weird but i still use the stock jack point to lift the car with my zl1 jack adapter and i use the jack rails for the jack stands. and like LockeLamora33 said it allows for non-ford shops to lift the car safely without messing up the underside.

Reactions: LockeLamora33
#405 ·
call me weird but i still use the stock jack point to lift the car with my zl1 jack adapter and i use the jack rails for the jack stands.
Weird! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.