Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 2015 Ford F-150: 2.7-liter EcoBoost Engine Gets Detailed

  1. #1
    Super Moderator ST2Focus's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is back from the Tail of the
    Dragon, survived, and able to
    tell the tale.
     

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    9,997
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    2015 Ford F-150: 2.7-liter EcoBoost Engine Gets Detailed

    Name:  2015-ford.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  97.1 KB

    All aluminum body, 700lbs lighter, and expected 30mpg.

    by Ciprian Florea, 13th January 2014

    Earlier today, the next-generation 2015 Ford F-150 was unveiled with a heap of brand new features and a light-weight aluminum alloy body, setting yet another benchmark in the full-size pickup truck segment.

    The redesigned vehicle also gained a brand new engine, a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 units that’s supposed to delivers the performance of a mid-range V8 with greater fuel efficiency. Engineered specifically for the new F-150, the EcoBoost unit also comes with standard Stop-Start, marking the technology’s debut in the Blue Oval’s truck lineup.

    Tested in the grueling Baja 1000 last year, the engine features a compacted graphite iron cylinder block, fracture split main-bearing caps, all-new aluminum cylinder heads with water-cooled integrated exhaust manifolds and a variable displacement oil pump.

    The composite intake manifold is now lighter and more durable, while cooling jets beneath the pistons help lower the engine’s operating temperatures. Ford says the unit also comes with a cartridge-style oil filter integrated into top of the engine for easier service.

    Performance and efficiency figures have yet to be announce, but we'll be right back as soon as Ford spills the beans.

    “No one’s ever built a six-cylinder engine like this,” said Raj Nair, Ford group vice president and global product development. “It combines a host of advanced technologies found throughout the industry to create one of the most technically advanced and efficient engines ever designed.”



    2015 Ford F-150: 2.7-liter EcoBoost Engine Gets Detailed
    Last edited by ST2Focus; 01-13-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    SlowST likes this.
    #2008: 2013 PB ST2, Panda Tune (Yep, that's right!) Mountune CBE, CAI, (back to OEM DP), re-circ valve installed, K&N filter(s), Steeda sway bar, 3M protection, ProClip, WeatherTechs with ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, extra rims and tires, Tail of the Dragon decal (+50hp, at least).
    2012 Grabber Blue Mustang MCA edition (Wife)
    1996 Laser Red Mustang GT (New project)
    1993 Reef Blue Mustang LX 5.0 (Daughter)

    2013 Focus ST Performance Blue

  2. #2
    FST Junkie! RR13ST3's Avatar
    is diesel version called STd?
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,450
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engine swap time!
    2013 RR ST3 + custom short shifter + hand turned shift knob [mod list complete]

    Next Auto-X @ MetLife Stadium - Nov 2 in Lot J

    Hey did you know 96% of Fords are still on the road... The other 4% made it home.

  3. #3
    I spend too much of my life on FST! Blurple's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They lost me at "...while cooling jets beneath the pistons help lower the engine’s operating temperatures." Yeah I'll pass.

  4. #4
    The Mod with a Mouth ST3 4 ME's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is gonna max out the fuel system
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    6,649
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurple View Post
    They lost me at "...while cooling jets beneath the pistons help lower the engine’s operating temperatures." Yeah I'll pass.
    you do know that spraying oil under the pistons is one the best things you can do to extend reliability of a turbo motor, right?

  5. #5
    I spend too much of my life on FST! Cnstman's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    347
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST3 4 ME View Post
    you do know that spraying oil under the pistons is one the best things you can do to extend reliability of a turbo motor, right?
    Exactly, if done right, this is a very good feature.

  6. #6
    The Mod with a Mouth ST3 4 ME's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is gonna max out the fuel system
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    6,649
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnstman View Post
    Exactly, if done right, this is a very good feature.
    that I wish was on our motor. AFIAK we dont have squirters. SAD FACE.

  7. #7
    FST Junkie! burning eagle's Avatar
    is Now vaping at work
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    jacksonville, fl
    Posts
    2,201
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST3 4 ME View Post
    you do know that spraying oil under the pistons is one the best things you can do to extend reliability of a turbo motor, right?
    Or any other high output engine na or turbo. Example the rotax 1125cc engine fitted into the 1125R/CR platform from Buell. Same base engine goes into the EBR 1190RS and the 1190RX.

    Even though they are pushing between 12.5:1 and 15:1 on those engines piston heat hasn't been established as a reason for failure.

    Mine has 32,xxx mi on it and still going strong.

    tappin

  8. #8
    FST Junkie! RR13ST3's Avatar
    is diesel version called STd?
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,450
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty certain Blurple is face palming right now.
    2013 RR ST3 + custom short shifter + hand turned shift knob [mod list complete]

    Next Auto-X @ MetLife Stadium - Nov 2 in Lot J

    Hey did you know 96% of Fords are still on the road... The other 4% made it home.

  9. #9
    FST Junkie! suss6052's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,505
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST3 4 ME View Post
    that I wish was on our motor. AFIAK we dont have squirters. SAD FACE.
    In pretty sure we do as it was mentioned in many training documents for the 2.0L EcoBoost i4 also.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...xCjx2jQVEIsYSA

  10. #10
    I spend too much of my life on FST! falcon's Avatar
    is getting tired of exhaust
    soot!!
     

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That F-150 looks sweet...it'll never see 30mpg tho. I had the 3.7 in my "13 f150 and even driving like an old pawpaw I couldn't get over 21mpg
    oxbig7 likes this.
    2013 Oxford White ST2
    Stratified S-OTS+ 93 on Cobb AP V3, Injen intake, Flowmaster catback, Powerflex RMM insert, Boomba BOV and shift lever w/JBR bushings

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 Ford Focus ST: What To Expect From the 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
    By ST2Focus in forum Focus ST vs The Competition
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 08:23 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 07:39 AM
  3. Ford EcoBoost Engine Presentation
    By Evildaveinc in forum Focus ST Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 08:01 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 11:09 AM
  5. The new 2.0 liter Focus ST Ecoboost Engine
    By STdan in forum Focus ST News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 04:42 PM

Search tags for this page

2.7 ecoboost specs
,
2015 f150 2.7 ecoboost specs
,

2015 f150 ecoboost

,

2015 f150 engines

,
any new facts on fords 2.7 eco boost forthe 2015 f150 ?
,
ford 2.7 ecoboost engine specs
,
ford 2.7 ecoboost specs
,
specs on the 2.7 litre ecoboost f150 engine
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Find us on Google+