Is this shady?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Is this shady?

is STRATIFIED

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this shady?

So I just ran out because my fiances sister was in an accident and she was towed to a tow yard. The accident wasn't her fault, but 7 cars were involved (she got rear ended). So she has AAA and told the police officer on the scene that she was going to call AAA and he said no there is a tow truck here and he is going to tow you. She declined and then the to truck driver said , "If I don't tow you I am going to charge you $190" even though she never requested the tow truck and her car was still operable. My fiances sister is young (20) and this was her first accident so she didn't really know what to do so two older men telling her that she had to be towed by this tow company kind of intimidated her. She agreed and they towed her to their tow yard and it sat for an hour tops until I got there, and then her mom, and then eventually AAA (2 hours by the time AAA showed up) and they had to pay $240 to get the car out. They insisted that we leave the car for the insurance company to deal with and even offered to fix it for $6k in their poor excuse for a garage. BTW this was apparently an "official police tow yard".

They paid to get the car out AAA towed it back home. The AAA driver said there was no reason that they could not have been called to come get the car.

Now this sounds shady like they saw an inexperienced driver and convinced her she HAD to be towed and then charged $240 to get the car which sounds like their daily fee.

What do you guys think?
    • 2015 ST1 OW
    • AEM DryFlow Air Filter
    • Steeda SS Delete
    • MBRP 3" CBE
    • Aero Turbine Muffler
    • Breedt Short Shift Plate
    • Depo 3.5" FMIC
    • Stratified
    • Extras: Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Brake Flasher, Dash Cam.

I spend too much of my life on FST! Zeek's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I HATE that but it's normal. Cops have deals with towing companies. They usually make you use them, if the cop is cool like one I ran into he said "if your guy gets here first then he can take it. Also they want you to leave the car there because the car will rack up storage fees which they will charge your insurance for. At the end you end up getting shafted. I read somewhere that it may not be legal but now I don't remember.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    HBGeek likes this.

is waiting on the next gen FoST

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah she got fuc&ed. When my car was totaled I towed it straight to my garage to be parted out.

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  743.9 KB
    HBGeek likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

I spend too much of my life on FST! Keebs_yo's Avatar
    is a peacock. You gotta let me
    fly!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely shady AF! They saw a vulnerable young woman and took advantage of the situation. That cop is a disgrace to what the badge is suppose to stand for.
    SIstomper, HBGeek, chronos and 1 others like this.

2013 Focus ST2
    ACT HD Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel
    Bilstein B8's
    Boomba Short Shifter & Solid Shifter Bushings(Base and Trans.)
    Boomba Symposer Delete
    COBB AP w/ Stratified 91 Flash Tune
    COBB CAI
    COBB CBE
    COBB DP
    COBB FMIC
    COBB RMM
    COBB Short Shift Plate
    COBB Sport Springs
    Damond Motorsports Passenger Side Motor Mount
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
    NGK One Step Colder Plugs
    StopTech Slotted Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads
    Triple R Front Splitter
    TSW Nurburgring Wheels

#LylaStrong

is wishing for 4 MORE PENGUINS
    WINS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole cop/tow situation is that they NEED to get the debris and cars cleaned up so some cops will be "D*cks" if THEIR tow truck gets there first because they aren't waiting around for your truck when the debris is potentially hindering the road. If she had crashed in a rural area or gone off road or something it probably wouldn't have been as hectic, but by the sounds of a 7 car pile-up they needed to move the cars asap. Sucks it happened that way but I've seen this kind of situation before where the cop just has to do his job even if it means being a "douchebag" and making it get towed by a random company.

Edit: If the accident isn't her fault then get the money for the tow truck from the person who is at fault's insurance. That's what I would do. This technically shouldn't be much of an issue since she's not at fault.
    HBGeek likes this.
    LETS GO PENS!
    2014 Peformance Blue ST3

Mods:
    Stratified 93Oct Tune - AP v3
    CP-E 3.5" FMIC
    Depo Racing Catless DP
    MBRP CBE
    Cobb RMM, CAI, Short Shift kit
    Boomba Racing Wing Risers and BOV
    VelossaTech Rear Diffuser Fins
    Rally Armour Mud Flaps
    Diode Dynamics LED Fog Lights with Yellow LaminX
    Tinted Windows/Lights
    ITV22 Spark Plugs
    Subdued Flag Decals (2) with Thin Blue Line

is waiting on the next gen FoST

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  ****-the-police-homer-simpson (1).gif
Views: 120
Size:  602.3 KB
    jesse_sanders and Stealth like this.

I spend too much of my life on FST! Keebs_yo's Avatar
    is a peacock. You gotta let me
    fly!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brian60 View Post
    The whole cop/tow situation is that they NEED to get the debris and cars cleaned up so some cops will be "D*cks" if THEIR tow truck gets there first because they aren't waiting around for your truck when the debris is potentially hindering the road. If she had crashed in a rural area or gone off road or something it probably wouldn't have been as hectic, but by the sounds of a 7 car pile-up they needed to move the cars asap. Sucks it happened that way but I've seen this kind of situation before where the cop just has to do his job even if it means being a "douchebag" and making it get towed by a random company.

Edit: If the accident isn't her fault then get the money for the tow truck from the person who is at fault's insurance. That's what I would do. This technically shouldn't be much of an issue since she's not at fault.
    If her car was still operable, since it just got rear ended, she could have pulled off to the shoulder clear of traffic and waited for AAA. I do agree that since she wasn't at fault she should pursue getting those expenses reimbursed. However, we are talking California so I wouldn't be surprised if the at-fault driver has no insurance or if they are even here legally. But Commifornia will give anyone a license
    SIstomper and DDT1972 like this.

2013 Focus ST2
    ACT HD Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel
    Bilstein B8's
    Boomba Short Shifter & Solid Shifter Bushings(Base and Trans.)
    Boomba Symposer Delete
    COBB AP w/ Stratified 91 Flash Tune
    COBB CAI
    COBB CBE
    COBB DP
    COBB FMIC
    COBB RMM
    COBB Short Shift Plate
    COBB Sport Springs
    Damond Motorsports Passenger Side Motor Mount
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
    NGK One Step Colder Plugs
    StopTech Slotted Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads
    Triple R Front Splitter
    TSW Nurburgring Wheels

#LylaStrong

is STRATIFIED

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback guy. When the cop arrived it just so happened that her car was pinned between to cars that were not operable otherwise she would have pulled to the side and waited for AAA. OF COURSE the guy who caused the accident had no insurance! What a slimy **** bag! Luckily they have uninsured motorist coverage and I am glad I do as well. Two of the other drivers involved in the accident said they were going to sue the guy and I wouldn't be surprised if they all go after him. Sorry if you are here legally or not, but if you cause an accident then you are on the hook.

As for the tow company I know they were trying to hold the car there to rack of fees...bunch of sleazy ass hats. It was funny watching a 5'1'' south american mom go off on two big dudes though lol. Hopefully they can get the $240 back, but that guy without insurance will be sure to cause a problem.
    • 2015 ST1 OW
    • AEM DryFlow Air Filter
    • Steeda SS Delete
    • MBRP 3" CBE
    • Aero Turbine Muffler
    • Breedt Short Shift Plate
    • Depo 3.5" FMIC
    • Stratified
    • Extras: Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Brake Flasher, Dash Cam.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I got rear-ended on the highway, I exchanged info, took pics, and left because the car was still operable with functioning tail lights so that it was ugly, but legal. Not my fault, no obvious injuries, and the highway is a dangerous place to stick around (my excuse in case someone harassed me about leaving, which they never did). If her car had damaged equipment, they had every right to claim she couldn't drive away. To save money, you should be able to have it towed to the nearest safe place to wait for AAA, but of course they wouldn't do that and, unfortunately, towing is a racket run by scumbags and there's really nothing you can do about it because they've got the crooked authorities on their side. Best you can do is go after the at-fault party, but good luck. Now she's about to get shafted by the degenerate trash insurance companies. Make sure she documents everything—if she finds she sustained so much as a broken nail, she should record the time of day. It's very likely she won't hurt until the next day as whiplash takes about 24 hours to set in and the weasels will try to scam their way out of paying every nickel and dime they can.

is being sarcastic for his own
    amusement.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to give an accurate assessment unless I see pics of said 20 year old, for....you know....research.

Yes, I'm kidding, I'm kidding, just a joke from a weird old man.

But seriously, is she hot......NO...NO...NO Stop that Steve...

...I mean, is she okay???
    SIstomper likes this.
    '15 Edge SEL with sh1tty headlights.
    '16 KB ST3 Needs more fast.
    '15 Escape SE 4WD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links