Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Newb - Race Red Question

962 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  1Sicgt 
#1 ·
So I want a red car again, and I was all happy about Race Red, my buddy's Raptor is Race Red and it looks a lot like my old MK5 GTI (yes I know I know, VW...), but then I saw a non-ST focus and the Race Red looks a bit orange or more like brick red. Does anyone with an ST have these same feelings or perhaps anyone in Irvine, CA have an ST that I can look at? The dealers tell me how hard they are to come by and they sell instantly (ya ya, more BS...)

Thanks,
Phil

#2 ·
I saw one at a dealership and it just looked like a nice bright red to me.

#7 ·
I'm going to go check one out tomorrow during the day and see how I feel, if i'm still on the fence i'll go with Oxford, but I wanted red, like Tornado Red on a GTI

Welcome aboard Phil...
Thanks!

Welcome. I see red as Red..lol
Maybe you saw a Fiesta ST in molten orange?
I'm not even aware of that color on a Focus, probably Fiesta specific? The car I was looking at was a Race Red Focus, said so on the sticker (non-ST that is)

Hi

I owned MK II Focus with Colorado Red painting (basic red). Now I own MK III Focus ST with Race Red color and imho/afaik it is totally same as Colorado Red painting. Race Red is just rebranded Colorado Red color used with ST / or it refers more to the color of the seats. I live at Europe, but I think that does not matter in this case. My opinion is that Colorado Red paint (Race Red) has a slight tone of orange in some lightning / angle.. as the name Colorado Red would suggest. Most of the time (~98%) it looks nice red without any tone of orange in it :)
I believe you are correct on the names, somehow I got on Australia ford's site and they had the colors you have mentioned.

Ford Australia | Focus ST - Colours/Trims

Actually they have race red also, but panther black instead of tuxedo, frozen white instead of oxford.

Well damn, now I completely forget where I saw the "Colorado Red" that you are talking about.

#6 · (Edited)
Hi

I owned MK II Focus with Colorado Red painting (basic red). Now I own MK III Focus ST with Race Red color and imho/afaik it is totally same as Colorado Red painting. Race Red is just rebranded Colorado Red color used with ST / or it refers more to the color of the seats. I live at Europe, but I think that does not matter in this case. My opinion is that Colorado Red paint (Race Red) has a slight tone of orange in some lightning / angle.. as the name Colorado Red would suggest. Most of the time (~98%) it looks nice red without any tone of orange in it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.