Ford Focus ST Forum banner

793hp mazdaspeed3

16K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  jodeloco 
#1 ·
Here is a little project I've been working on. Started building this motor for a customer/friend back around November. This car has a built motor with most of the parts sourced from edgeautosport which included a pte6266 for a turbo, a Kozmic Motorsports port injection fuel system which runs in conjunction with the stock DI fuel system and a whole bunch of other goodies. Went on a family vacation to California and then spent a morning strapping this baby down. Final results were 793hp/602tq. :)

See less See more
#7 ·
It's ultimately up to the enthusiast to decide how they are going to approach their own project. This is a remarkable achievement, not only for the individual tuner, but the platform as a whole. How often do you come across a hatch with almost 800HP? The destination isn't important, the journey is what counts. Imagine the amount of work involved...I'd like to sit down and ask Justin a few questions about his car philosophy. Nice work.

#13 ·
Apparently theres 100's of speeds in Europe with 700+hp........... lol

Anyways Congrats Justin!

I don't get why people need to be like "Oh but can it do a fast AutoX time?" Who gives a **** lol Dude is making 800hp. You can tune the car to hook on the street......

I just don't get it.

Reactions: 2.3T
#14 ·
Eh, if he had said "793whp" and ST in the same sentence this thread would be at 500 posts already with a bunch of hootin' and holerin'. It's just a little friendly penis envy. lol

... and that other dude ALWAYS thinks they do it better in Europe. It's like some strange car forum version of Godwin's Law... (minus the Hitler, lol).

#21 ·
Peak hp was right around 7k. Rev limit is set to 7500 but we don't have ignition advance control over 7k so it ends up riding that column. That's why power plateaus and falls off a little up top. We just rev that high to ride out the gear when needed.

#24 ·
This is an awesome amount of power, being street driven, in all seriousness what kind of fuel consumption are we talking? Also what is it tuned on? How far do you suppose you could drive on a "tank"? Thanks! Nice job!

#26 ·
Great job justin those are some serious numbers. Pardon my ignorance but I'm assuming you are using a SSFC in addition to the acessport right? My experience tuning is with hondata, I've setup APs but never tuned with it. As soon as I can sell my jeep I'm going to pick up an ST and was looking at a similar setup once the intake manifold is swapped out. I know not everyone is on board with that idea but even when injectors are released I have a feeling some of us are still going to be looking for extra fuel, especially if you want to go full e85.

Btw I have a coworker that has an e85 tune you did for his speed and he loves it. Hopefully someone scoops up my wrangler and I can get this rolling.

#34 ·
Only 900hp to go to get up to brent raus 4g63.

#37 ·
Still 2.3? THats impressive for sure. I'm jealous.... Nice job.

Reactions: Justin@FreekTune
#38 ·
Congrats! That's a great achievement for you as the builder/tuner and for the owner who gets to enjoy it!

I don't ever plan to take the ST past maybe 350whp, plenty for a DD. My proud achievement is my truck. I know I know, a truck, but I took my silverado from running 16's to running 12's. I have an even higher goal for my '79 Camaro.

Enjoy the feeling man, you deserve it!

Reactions: Justin@FreekTune
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.