Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 125 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Ford Focus ST vs Subaru WRX

is ST + Tune = Mon-ST-er!

Ford Focus ST vs Subaru WRX

How do you think the Focus ST will stack up against the Subaru WRX (regular, not STI)? Let us know who you think the winner is in each of the following categories:

1. Interior Style
    2. Interior Quality
    3. Exterior Style
    4. Power / Performance
    5. Handling
    6. Fuel Economy
    7. Price

I spend too much of my life on FST! btd71's Avatar
    is 1BADST

Now this is one I'm interested in as I have a friend who drives an early model WRX and I've rode in it and its freakin FAST!! So anxious to find out whos is faster. he says his is 278 horse at the crank.. should be close. as far as looks its cool, but kinda cheesy interior. And its blue, not black on balck like my ST3 is gonna be, so astetics are never gonna compare to mine and i will be doing better on mpgs too.

This user has no status.

I really don't think the ST will be as fast out of the box as the 2012 WRX. The WRX has a 0-60 time of 5.3 and Car and Driver estimated the ST number at 6.0. Anyone who has raced knows .7 seconds is a lifetime. But some simple mods will close this gap quickly I believe.

is Waiting on the ST

you have to keep in mind the WRXs AWD, 0-60 is not a fair comparison. I'd say the battle will be at a 40MPH Rolling Start.
    TXST3 and Old Tom like this.

is ST + Tune = Mon-ST-er!

1/4 mile times would be the way to go. Weight is about the same (3200 lbs) for both cars so the WRX should have the advantage out of the hole. 40+ I would expect the ST to pull harder. I love the looks of the WRX hatch and have been real close to buying one a few different times. Price, interior, and fuel economy has set me back from the WRX. The WRX STI is 38k new and a base WRX with a few options added quickly jumps above $30k.

is finally glad warmer weather is
    here

The WRX is built out of an Impreza, not to take anything away from the WRX, but the Impreza is a OK car. The road noise in the Impreza is loud and after a test drive of the WRX the road noise is still there, (not as bad as th base Impreza). Looooove the power of the WRX, but the mpg is not what the ST will be with just a little sacrifice on the Horse power. The ST3 interior way nicer than the WRX for the price......my vote the ST

This user has no status.

I think the hood on the WRX looks great but prefer the interior of the ST. Add the price and fuel efficiency of the ST and that makes it a winner in my books!

is sodomizing your couch

Quote Originally Posted by btd71 View Post
    Now this is one I'm interested in as I have a friend who drives an early model WRX and I've rode in it and its freakin FAST!! So anxious to find out whos is faster. he says his is 278 horse at the crank.. should be close.
    ROFL, why is he giving you BHP figures?
    Monotonous ONE and Juyoung like this.

This user has no status.

Your hot. Have any more pictures?

@stmom
    Juyoung likes this.

I spend too much of my life on FST! TClark22's Avatar
    is someone buy my F1s please

Interested in this as well...WRX was my choice before i found out about the ST...then after comparing them on paper...i chose ST.

I mainly wanted the WRX for AWD...but then saw the power and fuel economy of the ST. I looked past it being FWD...and the fact that it was a ford definitely had my vote.
    RPhilMan1 likes this.

Page 1 of 125 1231151101 ... LastLast

Links