The Spring & Coilover Thread - Page 21
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 232
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Spring & Coilover Thread

  1. #201
    FST Junkie! VenomousSVT's Avatar
    is a Magnetic Metallic junkie!
     

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,446
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazui View Post
    Thanks for the pic! Really having a tough time deciding between these or the Bilstein B14 kit now...

    Although I've noticed, Mountune seems to be the only place that has the Clubsport kit in stock or even listed anymore. Are they being discontinued or something?
    There's nothing wrong with the billstein b14 kit. It's a great option especially seeing how it's height adjustable. But the mounting products are phenomenal. I love my mounting springs. But when I swap out to something like either of the options you're looking at I'm gonna be selling my mounting springs as they will do me no good alone. If you can swing to replace shocks and struts definitely do so. And either of these kits are great for the money. I could justify the grand for suspension so I settled for springs and opted to rock them until I need shocks. Then I'll buy a kit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #LylaStrong

    2015 ST3 MM
    Steeda~Shorty Antenna~Symposer delete~Trans bushings~FMIC~Intake spacer~TB spacer~Hood Latch
    Mountune~Sport Springs
    VelossaTech~BigMouth
    Drag~DR-67's
    Anarchy Motive~Atlas in Snowball
    Boomba~BOV~Wing Risers~shifter~shifter bushings
    FSwerks~Short shift kit~Lower Traction bar
    Magnaflow~Exhaust
    CFM~RMM
    GREEN~Filter w/Cap
    Husky~Mats
    TripleRComposites~Splitter
    ZL1 addons~RockGuards
    Custom~rear wiper delete~ITV22's~ European Cup Holder assembly ~GurneyFlap
    Cobb~APv3
    RhinoRack~Vortex 2500

    Stratified Tuned

  2. #202
    FST Senior Member mazui's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousSVT View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the billstein b14 kit. It's a great option especially seeing how it's height adjustable. But the mounting products are phenomenal. I love my mounting springs. But when I swap out to something like either of the options you're looking at I'm gonna be selling my mounting springs as they will do me no good alone. If you can swing to replace shocks and struts definitely do so. And either of these kits are great for the money. I could justify the grand for suspension so I settled for springs and opted to rock them until I need shocks. Then I'll buy a kit.
    The adjustability is the main reason I'm considering the Bilsteins as the Clubsports look a bit higher than I'd like, but I also really like the fact that the Clubsports are already fully assembled.

    The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the Clubsports. I think I'd be willing to compromise on ride height to get something I can just install without having to assemble or adjust.

  3. #203
    FST Junkie! VenomousSVT's Avatar
    is a Magnetic Metallic junkie!
     

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,446
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazui View Post
    The adjustability is the main reason I'm considering the Bilsteins as the Clubsports look a bit higher than I'd like, but I also really like the fact that the Clubsports are already fully assembled.

    The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the Clubsports. I think I'd be willing to compromise on ride height to get something I can just install without having to assemble or adjust.
    I would agree that assembled is nice, but it's not terribly difficult to throw our together. I'll likely end up billsteins on mine. If I still own it when it comes time


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #LylaStrong

    2015 ST3 MM
    Steeda~Shorty Antenna~Symposer delete~Trans bushings~FMIC~Intake spacer~TB spacer~Hood Latch
    Mountune~Sport Springs
    VelossaTech~BigMouth
    Drag~DR-67's
    Anarchy Motive~Atlas in Snowball
    Boomba~BOV~Wing Risers~shifter~shifter bushings
    FSwerks~Short shift kit~Lower Traction bar
    Magnaflow~Exhaust
    CFM~RMM
    GREEN~Filter w/Cap
    Husky~Mats
    TripleRComposites~Splitter
    ZL1 addons~RockGuards
    Custom~rear wiper delete~ITV22's~ European Cup Holder assembly ~GurneyFlap
    Cobb~APv3
    RhinoRack~Vortex 2500

    Stratified Tuned

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #204
    FST Senior Member hanyolo44's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Norman, OK
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any coil sets out there that you can adjust the ride height without removing the tire and adjusting the cups? I found this to be a huge pain in the ass when I had skunk2 coilovers on my old Civic.
    '14 Ignot Silver ST2 - Denso 1 step colder plugs - AF Dynamics intake - Cobb Filter - CJPP catless DP - CJPP LED projector foglights - Turbosmart BOV - JBR Shift Arm - JBR Symposer delete - Steeda FMIC - Seibon Carbon fiber Tail garnish - Ford Racing Carbon fiber ST knob

  6. #205
    FST Member MattB16teg's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am quite happy with the B14's, had them on for a month or so now, dampening is close enough to stock to not be too jarring and height adjust-ability is perfect.

    Just do what I did and buy mounts, dust boots, etc and throw those on, will make it easier during install and also when swapping/selling suspension later on if needed.

    I can adjust the fronts with the wheels on the car, there is enough room to get in there, haven't tried the backs because they were set perfectly when I put everything on.
    mazui likes this.

  7. #206
    I spend too much of my life on FST! galaxy7's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    442
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattB16teg View Post

    Just do what I did and buy mounts, dust boots, etc and throw those on, will make it easier during install and also when swapping/selling suspension later on if needed.
    Matt...can you expand on this? What exactly did you mean by mounts and dust boots? What else did you get to compliment the install? Did you get camber plates as well; or is that even needed with the B14's? thanks bro!

  8. #207
    FST Member MattB16teg's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy7 View Post
    Matt...can you expand on this? What exactly did you mean by mounts and dust boots? What else did you get to compliment the install? Did you get camber plates as well; or is that even needed with the B14's? thanks bro!
    Well to make it easier and since I believe 13-14s had issues with their strut mounts/bearings, I bought new Oem sturt mounts, bearings and dust boots. Since the B14s don't come with them and your supposed to reuse the stock ones, it saved me the time and hassle of pulling them off the stock struts and also ensured I had a fresh start since they were new oem pieces.
    I didn't but anything else, although it would be best to get the rear camber arms and adjustable end links to compliment the coilovers.

    I am going to try and get the car on the alignment rack this week, I didn't buy anything else because it's not that low and I'm thinking it will be close to the factory alignment specs, worst case if the rear is that bad I will just buy the adjustable camber arms.

  9. #208
    I spend too much of my life on FST! galaxy7's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    442
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome...thank you. What about the front? Camber plates aren't usually needed? Or again, depending on how low you go? I'm up to speed on stuff for the rear, but trying to piece together what all to get for the front.
    sir.trent likes this.

  10. #209
    FST Member MattB16teg's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy7 View Post
    Awesome...thank you. What about the front? Camber plates aren't usually needed? Or again, depending on how low you go? I'm up to speed on stuff for the rear, but trying to piece together what all to get for the front.
    It seems there are some camber plates around (could be wrong) but I believe they are quite pricey.

    Once I get the car on the alignment rack I will post the results.
    julian_409 likes this.

  11. #210
    I spend too much of my life on FST! galaxy7's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    442
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sega View Post
    Don't forget bilstein. They've released there b14 coilover kit in the uk, nothing available here yet.. 749 euros, ~1000$, and the B16 should be available in a few months.
    Anyone ever heard any updates on B16's for our cars? I recently checked Bilstein's website and and B16's are available (and awesome), but don't see our Focus listed. Seems like the only difference thought between 14 and 16 is dampening adjustability. The new JBR coil-overs have that as well. Coil-over wise, my current dilemma is B14 (or 16 if available) and the JBR's.

 

 
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. The Official BC Racing Coilover thread....Post em if you got em!
    By grungie@BoostedDesigns in forum Focus ST Suspension
    Replies: 574
    Last Post: 03-06-2017, 06:17 AM
  2. Coilover set for the Estate?
    By Snarson in forum Focus ST UK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 03:27 PM
  3. Coilover Suspensions currently available
    By PCA-1 in forum Focus ST Suspension
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 12:16 AM
  4. Coilover indecision
    By mediapimp in forum Focus ST Suspension
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 10:07 AM
  5. H&R Coilover weight?
    By omniphil in forum FSWERKS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 02:07 PM

Search tags for this page

coilovers
,
focus st bilstein b14 spring rates
,
focus st coilover install
,

focus st coilovers

,
focus st spring rates
,
focus st springs
,
focus st225 ast coilovers
,
hr vs kw coilover focus st
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Find us on Google+