Should I Buy This ST? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Should I Buy This ST?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luckily I am working a full-time job and am in my last year. I am just someone who was raised to be paranoid about every monetary decision I make. I willl take all of this advice into consideration! Thank you!

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are paranoid about every monetary decision you make, then this should be setting all kinds of sirens off in your head lol. I personally wouldn't buy it. It's an amazing price, but if you're luck is anything like mine, it'll be garbage and will cost you a fortune and won't be able to unload it. I might be what you would call a pessimist, but its saved me from some pretty big headaches in the past lol.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you know what damage was done and are sure it was fixed. You have a job, your in your last year. Remember 90? of this car is unbolt damage areas bolt on new and paint. As long as no frame damage then what ever glitches there may have will most likely not be from the accident. The ad you posted shows a base st not a st3. I had damage done to my ST3 was rear ended, had it fixed at a very good shop and it's good to go. If your the type of guy that never takes chances then it's not for you!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    is training to beat Goku, or at
    least Krillin.

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atta22ude View Post
    If you know what damage was done and are sure it was fixed. You have a job, your in your last year. Remember 90? of this car is unbolt damage areas bolt on new and paint. As long as no frame damage then what ever glitches there may have will most likely not be from the accident. The ad you posted shows a base st not a st3. I had damage done to my ST3 was rear ended, had it fixed at a very good shop and it's good to go. If your the type of guy that never takes chances then it's not for you!!
    Second picture shows its an ST2.

Sent from another garage.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VengfulMuffin View Post
    Luckily I am working a full-time job and am in my last year. I am just someone who was raised to be paranoid about every monetary decision I make. I willl take all of this advice into consideration! Thank you!
    You know, I don't know why I just assumed you to be a full time student with a part time job. I guess I was just thinking back to when I was in school, so I apologize! But still, I'd say that if you can't afford to make a bad decision, then look for something that's a sure GOOD decision rather than one that's questionable.

As a related story... When I got my first job out of college I bought myself a 97 Mustang GT. It was my first car of my own because I never had one in HS and didn't need one on campus at college. I went to a local meet up at a bar one time and two people came out with 03/04 Cobras. For those who aren't familiar with Mustangs, those were THE Mustang to have. Supercharged from the factory, IRS, etc. This was before the GT500. I remember seeing them and thinking "Man, I wish I could afford one of those some day!". Not even 2 years later, I had one in my driveway. My point being, don't push it and you'll get there faster than you realize. Also, that was not one of the bad decisions I mentioned earlier regarding cars, that would have been when I sold the GT and the Cobra for a 335i. I still kick myself for getting rid of that Cobra. At least I actually made $2k on it!

Premium Member
    is bored

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Price has already been lowered from what you listed in the original post; tells me they know it is not worth the money and are trying to unload it. Caveat emptor!

EFI Logics Intake w/ AEM Dry Flow Filter, Panda Treadstone Intercooler, Denso ITV 22 Plugs,
    Magnaflow 24x5x8 Muffler, MRT Axle Back, Steeda Symposer Delete, Cobb Shift Plate,
    Needless Torque Shift Cable Bushing, CFM Lower Mount, Turbo Tech Upper Mounts,
    TB Performance Traction Bar, Bilstein B8 Struts and Shocks, Eibach Pro Kit Springs,
    Mach M3 Wheels, Fifteen52 Cup Spoilers, AnarchyMotive 671 gm Shift Knob, CoolTech Jack Rails

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not what you are going to want to hear, but just let your excitement settle and forget about this one. I can gauruntee you this will end up putting you in a bad spot and I just don't want that to happen to you man.

If you made 40 or 50k a year, I'd say go for it.
    #LylaStrong

2015 TB ST1
    - Stratified on Cobb AP3
    - JMS PedalMax
    - FSWerks Intercooler
    - GreenFilter
    - TurboSmart BOV
    - FSWerks shifter bushings
    - FSWerks short shift kit

Premium Member
    is training to beat Goku, or at
    least Krillin.