Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Fake ST's - Post em if you find em!

171K views 583 replies 183 participants last post by  TangerineScream87 
#1 ·
OFFICIAL? FAKE @$$ ST THREAD!

I will be getting a pic REAL SOON :D, but we have an imposter folks. Some kid in my city bought a TB Focus Titanium, installed 50HP worth of racing stripes, an exhaust, and an ST badge (probably from ebay). He almost had me fooled until I noticed the front end and the fog lights.

Here is how it went down. While getting ready to leave the dealer I saw what appeared to be an ST with white racing stripes pass by revving the engine. So I though "cool, someone to play with"! Well 2 weeks have gone by and on the way to the mini mart, I pass him as he is pulling out of a parking lot. He gets behind me and revvs his engine. So as a courtesy I drop to 2nd (at 25mph) and burn the tires. He does not reply. THEN I NOTICED. His fake @$$ ST had a Titanium front end. I started to laugh. I turned my signal on to go into the parking lot and he did not follow. As he passed, I saw the ST badge on the back.

You ain't gotta lie to be my friend.... Anyways, I REALLY plan on f-ing with this guy now. Young punk, early 20's, red bandana thinking he is the shiznat. Total douchebag. And I live in a remote area where we can "play" a bit. This is unless they put a titanium front end on the ST.... In that case, my bad, and MORE MODS!!!

Pic to come...

See less See more
#5 ·
:eek:wned:

#4 ·
This is going to be interesting................

#17 ·
Oh...don't give him too hard of a time...maybe he bought it before the ST arrived here. Maybe he couldn't afford an ST at the time and got a good deal on the Titanium. We'll never know unless you ask him. If you do talk to him...represent FocusST.org well and help him out. He might be saving up for one and is just trying to imagine driving it. Am I getting too emotional about this?? :)

#69 ·
OK, no lie, in 1969 I worked in a grocery store as a bag boy and one of my coworkers said he was getting a gt500 Mustang. Yeah, with a 428. I said man how can you swing that? He said his grandmother agreed to buy it for him if he agreed to put a Jesus Saves bumper sticker on it. He showed up the next day with a jacked up Mustang with four-bolt wheels so i knew immediately he was a poser. He said "How did you know?" Really?

#21 ·
Sounds like the time I put the ferrari emblems on my Yugo. It added like 2000HP. Wish I had upgraded the brakes though...

#22 ·
I see people doing this all the time. I saw a 2010-2011 fusion sport the other day, a nice car on its own, with cobra badges all over it, also 5.0 badges all over it.

#23 ·
I still haven't seen any real ST's and you're seeing fake ones!!!

#29 ·
#25 ·
Thanks, Joe. That's definitely a one of a color kind ST and a Flex Fuel to boot. Ha Ha! Is this car in transformation? I'm asking since the frontend is the STs and it would appear that the exhaust has yet to be done and after that the only thing to truly give it away (Appearance wise) would be the color and the Flex Fuel Badge. I'm wondering if it's an automatic?

#26 ·
Yup, it's an auto.

If you read through the thread there, he's done the exhaust now too. It does look odd without the bumper cutout, but not terrible. I don't mind ST parts on non-STs, hell I had a good amount of SVT parts on my base ZX3, but never did I badge anything as SVT because it wasn't.

#404 · (Edited)
The only badge that was intended to go on the car was the front because it looked wrong debadged, and the grille comes with the badge already. But that's ancient history now.

Doesn't matter, I don't have that car anymore, but a small part of me strongly misses the color. My other car now is black.

I've had an ST for over a year now already, but thanks for catching up with April 10, 2013.

#27 ·
Have any idea of what he's spent so far on this project? Should've just bought an ST to begin with and saved his money.

#34 ·
There is a TS Focus running around West Chester, Ohio and I can't make any sense out of it. I've only caught two glimpses of it, but what I definitely saw was the painted "bars" in the middle of the grille...like on the non-ST Focus. But it's TS. So, either it's an ST with a standard Focus front end, or it's not an ST, and they had it painted TS. Either way, it doesn't look right.

#38 ·
Will do.

#39 ·
Wow here I thought this forum was better than those who mock others who enjoy their ride the way they want, whatever happened to that saying every one likes to throw around? "To each their own" might as well point out those in the focus community who liked the way the svt looked so they replaced the front and rear bumper so they can enjoy the way the car looks instead of buying an eBay special body kit which they will be mocked by others any way. This thread is focus fanatics all over again with their "automotive fail" thread, I guess the darker colored blue non ST should be posted up here as well while your at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.