Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Tuning help

4K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  G heinrich 
#1 ·
I am looking for some tuning help. I have a 2016 with 1537 miles. The car came with a Cobb downpipe and a Turbosmart BOV. I have a Cobb Accessport but the original owner did not. The car is throwing a CEL for too much flow past the O2 sensor. I am getting ready to drive the car across country and I am looking for a tune for the car. Since I am new to the whole FoST thing I don't know where to turn for tuning help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

#2 ·
Downpipes will cause the CEL to come on if there is not a cat. Do you know if it is catless? I would go to Stratified's website and do some reading. That'll tell you anything you want to know.

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/

Reactions: Mbiro594
#6 ·
#16 ·
DP alone or Catback exhaust alone in our ST is more about noise than performance with the stock turbo. Gains are very minimal and may assist in better spool response and top end. This car is all about Torque and loads of it and proper ECU calibration is a must for power and safety gain. Do a research and you will learn. plenty of proven material available in this forum and blogs.

You already have the AP, spend on a good calibration from your preferred pro tuner + upgraded FMIC and it will transform your car into a beast :eek: Lots of good quality proven choices with FMIC. (ie. Forge, Mountune, Cobb, Airtec, Steeda-CPE)

#12 ·
The Catless or high flow dp removes the largest bottleneck in your exhaust. The rest of the factory exhaust flows really good, good enough for the factory turbo anyways. Your turbo will spool quicker and your engine can exhale easier. With a proper tune to take full advantage of your downpipe you will notice some improvements. Go to the Stratified sub-forum and read up on virtual dyno and data logging. You can make a virtual graph of your car as it sits and again after the tune (if you get one) so you can see the difference for yourself.

#15 ·
Auto part Pipe Metal
I'm running the middle sized orifice in this vms j defouler and no cel or ill manners at all. My o2 monitor is still ready, so if I lived in an emission state, id still be good. Think it was $27 shipped on ebay. Can't speak for running it without a tune, but I've been running Torrie's tune for about a month and then did a catless downpipe....holy crap! I did a resonator delete with the dp, not sure what the car sounds like outside, but I think the tone in the cabin is perfect now.

#18 ·
Hey all, sorry to jump in on this, i am seeking some direction. I have a '14 ST2 with full bolt ons, have had the car a year now and im almost certain it is tuned but i am not 100% sure. I am hoping someone can point me a good direction as far as Tuners go in COLORADO. I know of a few but not sure who is best when it comes to our car and the knowledge of them. I am wanting to get a base done to confirm whether it is tuned or not and decide actions moving forward.

#19 ·
Hey all, sorry to jump in on this, i am seeking some direction. I have a '14 ST2 with full bolt ons, have had the car a year now and im almost certain it is tuned but i am not 100% sure. I am hoping someone can point me a good direction as far as Tuners go in COLORADO. I know of a few but not sure who is best when it comes to our car and the knowledge of them. I am wanting to get a base done to confirm whether it is tuned or not and decide actions moving forward.
[/QUOT

#21 ·
Not sure if other tuning devices do this but if the car has a Cobb AP tune on it, pressing the cruise switch towards you will cause the rpm guage to point at the map slot of the tune. Even if you only have one tune, it would drop to slot 1 and the RPM needle would point at 1k, map slot 2 would be at 2k etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.