Intake and downpipe or FMIC next??? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Intake and downpipe or FMIC next???

  1. #11
    FST Junkie! HBGeek's Avatar
    is STRATIFIED
     

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Posts
    1,619
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. FMIC - Lowers charge temps, reduces heat soak, the stock IC is awful, retain power.
    2. Downpipe - open up the exhaust more, gain a tiny bit more power, more rumble
    3. Intake - Your choice, but it has been extensively covered that they provide almost zero performance gain. If you want the sound you can just get a high flow filter. If you have a BOV you won't notice the sound anyways.

    This is the order I would recommend. Are you going to tune the car in the future? Silly me...if you are on this forum then of course you are haha.
    DailyDriver likes this.
    • 2015 ST1 OW
    • Green Filter
    • Steeda SS Delete
    • MBRP 3" CBE
    • Aero Turbine Muffler
    • Breedt Short Shifter
    • Depo 3.5" FMIC
    • Stratified
    • Extras: Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Brake Flasher, Dash Cam.


  2. #12
    FST Junkie! brian60's Avatar
    is watching playoff hockey baby!
     

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Newton Hamilton, PA
    Posts
    2,483
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBGeek View Post
    1. FMIC - Lowers charge temps, reduces heat soak, the stock IC is awful, retain power.
    2. Downpipe - open up the exhaust more, gain a tiny bit more power, more rumble
    3. Intake - Your choice, but it has been extensively covered that they provide almost zero performance gain. If you want the sound you can just get a high flow filter. If you have a BOV you won't notice the sound anyways.

    This is the order I would recommend. Are you going to tune the car in the future? Silly me...if you are on this forum then of course you are haha.
    In response to the part in bold, I know right? LOL
    HBGeek and DailyDriver like this.
    LETS GO PENS!

    2014 Peformance Blue ST3

    Mods:
    Stratified 93Oct Tune - AP v3
    CP-E 3.5" FMIC
    Depo Racing Catless DP
    MBRP CBE
    Cobb RMM, CAI, Short Shift kit
    Boomba Racing Wing Risers and BOV
    VelossaTech Rear Diffuser Fins
    Rally Armour Mud Flaps
    Diode Dynamics LED Fog Lights with Yellow LaminX
    Tinted Windows/Lights
    ITV22 Spark Plugs
    Subdued Flag Decals (2) with Thin Blue Line

  3. #13
    FST Senior Member BetaDnB's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started with a Frankenstein intake setup and tune. I'm doing the FMIC next. Then I'll do the downpipe, exhaust and new tune together.

    If you plan on going all the way I don't think it really matters how you get there. Just get there.
    MODS
    RS Air Box with K&N Filter
    COBB Intake Tube
    STEEDA FMIC
    FSWERKS Short Shift Plate (40% Reduction)
    ENKEI BR7s (Winter Rally Wheels)
    Randy's Secret Sauce

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    FST Member MWST502's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBGeek View Post
    1. FMIC - Lowers charge temps, reduces heat soak, the stock IC is awful, retain power.
    2. Downpipe - open up the exhaust more, gain a tiny bit more power, more rumble
    3. Intake - Your choice, but it has been extensively covered that they provide almost zero performance gain. If you want the sound you can just get a high flow filter. If you have a BOV you won't notice the sound anyways.

    This is the order I would recommend. Are you going to tune the car in the future? Silly me...if you are on this forum then of course you are haha.
    Shouldn't I tune my car when I get my next part? I already have an exhaust and a HF Air filter. I've heard if you put more than an exhaust on you should go ahead and tune at that point?

  6. #15
    FST Junkie! HBGeek's Avatar
    is STRATIFIED
     

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Posts
    1,619
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWST502 View Post
    Shouldn't I tune my car when I get my next part? I already have an exhaust and a HF Air filter. I've heard if you put more than an exhaust on you should go ahead and tune at that point?
    Ummm I don't think that is 100% accurate. You CAN tune it pretty much whenever you want. It is advised to get all your bolt-on's done first though (exhaust, intake, bov, dp, etc.) so the tuner can take all of that into account. Otherwise you will have to have a revision done when you add new parts. This isn't a big deal, but it just costs money for revisions.

    If you are just going to stick with the cobb tunes then it doesn't matter as much.
    • 2015 ST1 OW
    • Green Filter
    • Steeda SS Delete
    • MBRP 3" CBE
    • Aero Turbine Muffler
    • Breedt Short Shifter
    • Depo 3.5" FMIC
    • Stratified
    • Extras: Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Brake Flasher, Dash Cam.


  7. #16
    FST Junkie! Unfitproduct's Avatar
    is Use you're imagination for
    crying out loud!
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,982
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'd get the FMIC, if I had enough in my budget i'd replace a motor mount. (IMO)

  8. #17
    FST Member MWST502's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBGeek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MWST502 View Post
    Shouldn't I tune my car when I get my next part? I already have an exhaust and a HF Air filter. I've heard if you put more than an exhaust on you should go ahead and tune at that point?
    Ummm I don't think that is 100% accurate. You CAN tune it pretty much whenever you want. It is advised to get all your bolt-on's done first though (exhaust, intake, bov, dp, etc.) so the tuner can take all of that into account. Otherwise you will have to have a revision done when you add new parts. This isn't a big deal, but it just costs money for revisions.

    If you are just going to stick with the cobb tunes then it doesn't matter as much.
    I dont think I fully understand how the accessport works. Does it have tunes based on the EXACT parts you have? Like if I had a borla and say a cobb intake? Would there be a specific tune for that?

  9. #18
    FST Junkie! HBGeek's Avatar
    is STRATIFIED
     

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Posts
    1,619
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWST502 View Post
    I dont think I fully understand how the accessport works. Does it have tunes based on the EXACT parts you have? Like if I had a borla and say a cobb intake? Would there be a specific tune for that?
    The AP come pre-loaded with several COBB maps. Stage 1, 2, & 3 for different octanes that you might be running and even a stage 0 for a stock car. You can use these as they are a "one size fits all" depending on what stage you are at. Other tuners like Stratified, Unleashed, Freak Tune, etc. will build you a tune that is tailored towards what you have on your car so it is more dialed in.

    In short: The AP by itself has tunes for whatever you, but not item specific, just stage specific. Other tuners will build a tune for your specific exhaust, intake, bov, dp, fmic, and other parts.
    • 2015 ST1 OW
    • Green Filter
    • Steeda SS Delete
    • MBRP 3" CBE
    • Aero Turbine Muffler
    • Breedt Short Shifter
    • Depo 3.5" FMIC
    • Stratified
    • Extras: Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Brake Flasher, Dash Cam.


  10. #19
    FST Member MWST502's Avatar
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBGeek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MWST502 View Post
    I dont think I fully understand how the accessport works. Does it have tunes based on the EXACT parts you have? Like if I had a borla and say a cobb intake? Would there be a specific tune for that?
    The AP come pre-loaded with several COBB maps. Stage 1, 2, & 3 for different octanes that you might be running and even a stage 0 for a stock car. You can use these as they are a "one size fits all" depending on what stage you are at. Other tuners like Stratified, Unleashed, Freak Tune, etc. will build you a tune that is tailored towards what you have on your car so it is more dialed in.

    In short: The AP by itself has tunes for whatever you, but not item specific, just stage specific. Other tuners will build a tune for your specific exhaust, intake, bov, dp, fmic, and other parts.
    So could someone layout for me, what exactly defines stage 1, 2, and 3?

  11. #20
    FST Junkie! HBGeek's Avatar
    is STRATIFIED
     

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Posts
    1,619
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWST502 View Post
    So could someone layout for me, what exactly defines stage 1, 2, and 3?
    Not everyone on here likes the term "stage" because it represents a pre-determined group set that a lot of people just throw around to say that their car is "stage 3 bro!", but with that being said I will give you a broad and general break down. BTW I am fine using the terms stage because generally most will know what I am talking about.

    Stage 0 - Stock

    Stage 1 - Simple Bolt-ons like: Intake, Exhaust, BOV.

    Stage 2 - FMIC

    Stage 3 - Catless Downpipe, upgraded brakes, and other big ticket and finish out items.

    Now there is now concrete stage 1, 2, & 3 and people will interpret it differently, but this what I think they are for our car.
    • 2015 ST1 OW
    • Green Filter
    • Steeda SS Delete
    • MBRP 3" CBE
    • Aero Turbine Muffler
    • Breedt Short Shifter
    • Depo 3.5" FMIC
    • Stratified
    • Extras: Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, Rokblokz Mud Flaps, Brake Flasher, Dash Cam.


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Find us on Google+