Ford Focus ST Forum banner

COBB RM troubles???!!

4K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  tdavisarmy 
#1 ·
Okay so I installed my rm today it fit snugg bolted down tight I did the works... but now I got a vibration when idling that seems abnormal.. when I turn the a.c. on its even worse.. just wondering if anyone else has had that issue..

#2 ·
That is exactly what is going to happen with a stiffer RMM. More vibrations will be transferred since the bushing is stiffer than the sloppy stock one

Reactions: Kent
#6 ·
Everyone else that installs a stiffer lower mount has that problem, and as others stated, some of those vibs will disappear over time with the mount breaking in, but there will always be some there. The good part is the solid feel the car now has and the reduced wheel hop and thumping on hard shifts.

#7 ·
I appreciate it guys I was nervous for a little bit.. still new to the st game! Any advice on upgrades for the future?

#9 ·
Eh not really my style lol I was thinking ideas on .30 bore with a polished / balanced crank ported and polished head roller rockers and new valve springs just don't know what the gains would be or even worth it

#12 ·
Yea I wish sombody would hurry up with a new cam profile and a new head....

#20 ·
Try to put roller rockers in it and you wont have an ST anymore lmao!

Reactions: Kent
#23 ·
Had an 88 CRX SI B16 swap and loved it! You know I was just giving you crap right? Cause of the name, ya know lol

#24 ·
I forgot about it man lol and nice I had a 89 si with gsr swap on 10 pounds through a rod though lol.. my eg had the h22

#29 ·
Nice I I havent messed with my bpv yet the sg 1 cobb package did a hell of a job though hear the turbo spool alot better and the intake now performance wise ehh the vibrations scared me my st is still my baby just want 400hp or enough to leave an evo/sti couple car lengths is my goal

#30 ·
You wont need that much HP

#32 ·
Stock ones, yes. All an evo to me is an AWD 4 cyl turbo and nothing more, yes they can put down massive power when modded, but stock its just a Mitsubishi at heart.

#33 ·
That's true there's a pretty big shop here all they use is evos in drag and autocross the one evos runs 8s lol but its fully built

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.