Ford Focus ST Forum banner

SCT Tune from Unleashed Tuning

1M views 7K replies 496 participants last post by  tmcphail 
#1 ·
I just installed the tune from Torrie at Unleashed tonight. The weather was pretty good in the low 60's. I have ran 93 since I bought the car off the showroom floor. This custom tune is the real deal. I can attest to the fact that 1st gear is just spent roasting them. If you shift quick going into second I was able to get them spinning about half way through it before it hooked. The seat of the pants feel so far is just totally different. Like another user said after this tune, when I first got the car it felt like a peppy quick car. Now its pretty beastly with just gobs of torque from 3500 all the way up to 6000.

I am patiently waiting now to see what kind of numbers he gets from his downpipe. Eventually I want to see more numbers from full exhaust kits too. Also, CAI and what not.

This is easily worth the $400. I am coming from NA 4v Mustangs (03 Mach I), you can't get this kind of power from a single mod without going to a power adder. What a blast!

I will report back what kind of mileage I am getting with it as well. I drive about a hundred miles a day so I will know soon.

#5,983 ·
The 2863 is where it's at. It is such an overlooked turbo and I have no idea why. I have the .64a/r housing, looking back I would have went with the .86 housing had I known how fast this turbo spools. Plus you get a little more breath up top. You get close to stock characteristics and plenty of power. The turbo spools quick and pulls to redline. It performs well with the stock fuel system and you can run a good bit of E and good boost levels (the turbo starts to come to life at 25+psi). Or you can add a "PORT" injected aux. fuel system, Ethanol and run 28-29psi and scream! This is seriously the best turbo for car (if you don't want to build/blow the engine and don't want to run aux. fuel system).

#5,984 ·
In your experience, how is this turbo with a 91 tune compared to stock turbo on an e30 tune? 91 is certainly easier, and if this turbo would net large gains on 91 tune compared to my stock @ e30 tune, I might consider it.

Also - how does that turbo respond to the OEM tune (for when smog-time comes.) I know they won't know how to check for a non-OEM turbo - so as long as it runs fine with no codes, I should be ok.

#5,987 ·
Geesh.. ya no comparison. Have you tried to run it on the OEM tune - if so how does it run? I know you don't have to deal with smog since you have a connection but unfortunately I'm not so lucky.

Is the install pretty straightforward? Seems like it from the instruction print-outs I've seen.

#5,992 · (Edited)
Have many of you guys requested a tune with lower torque in first gear from Torrie ?? I had one done before but it was a bit too weak compared to the standard tune ....

So we went back to the normal tune (which we data logged and which came back even faster from the man!) but am finding that I need to shift really short from 1st to 2nd to get any real good 0-100 launches i.e. the way I drive, 1st gear is pretty much useless. The good thing however is that the car absolutely flies once it gets into second, even at low RPMs.

Edit
The man delivers yet again :RockOn::RockOn:

#5,999 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.