Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Project Focus TrackSTer - By Fifteen52

Premium Member
    is ST + Tune = Mon-ST-er!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Project Focus TrackSTer - By Fifteen52

Name:  focus-st-trackster.jpeg
Views: 16385
Size:  142.9 KB

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 6, 2013 – Los Angeles-based automotive tuner fifteen52, via Project ST, will use the 2013 Chicago Auto Show to debut its Focus TrackSTer project build.
    One of three different Focus ST builds, the TrackSTer is to be the first debut for the Project ST campaign. Project ST is a relationship between fifteen52, Ken Block and Ford. The project goal is to make today’s hot hatch king – the Ford Focus ST – even hotter.

fifteen52 is excited to bring the Focus TrackSTer to the Chicago Auto Show.

“Using the CAS venue to debut the TrackSTer is bound to be one of the main highlights for the Project ST campaign,” said Brad Beardow, fifteen52 co-owner. “Chicago, if not the entire Midwest, seems to have more than its fair share of hot-hatch enthusiasts, and there’s just something so right about coming to CAS – in the dead of winter – and unveiling the hottest Focus ST anyone’s seen so far.”

Since fifteen52 launched Project ST in the late summer of 2012, interest in the campaign has grown tremendously. Regular updates via the project-st.com website have captivated an ever larger group of enthusiasts, and as each of the three cars nears completion, fans throughout the country can look forward to seeing them in person as fifteen52 plans to bring the cars to a variety of 2013 events.

TrackSTer is a Focus ST that is destined to feel just as at home on a road course as on the way to a road course. Using only top-quality engine, transmission and suspension components, TrackSTer is designed to appeal to the hardcore performance enthusiast.

Inspired by Ford’s rich global history of small performance cars, fifteen52 has worked closely with Ford Racing to build a Focus ST that pays homage to such cars of the past, while also demonstrating just how far today’s Ford performance envelope can be pushed.

Said Project ST partner Ken Block, “Teaming up with fifteen52 for this project was an obvious choice for me. They’ve got a great understanding of what’s hot in the small car performance marketplace right now, both from the style perspective and from the performance end of things. With the TrackSTer, they’ve worked closely with both Ford Racing and Mountune to put together a potent package that blends on-road performance with on-track performance. I can’t wait to actually get this car out on a track and put it through the paces.”

fifteen52 has incorporated the best of the best in constructing the TrackSTer, and trips to the Ford Racing performance well have been numerous, to say the least. A partial list of incorporated parts that will soon be available to all Focus ST enthusiasts includes:

• Ford Racing short-throw shifter
    • Ford Racing performance exhaust system
    In addition to Ford Racing Performance Parts, components and partners from Ford Racing’s Focus race programs globally have lent their expertise, including:
    • Mountune engine build (using forged rods and pistons)
    • Mountune performance intercooler
    • Mountune upgraded ECU
    • Quaife limited-slip differential (developed for Focus ST-R)
    • Centerforce custom clutch kit (developed for Focus ST-R)
    • Four-piston front caliper front brakes (developed by StopTech for Focus ST-R)
    • Fender flares from Chinese Touring Car Championship Focus

With such a vast array of race-tested quality performance parts at its disposal, along with access to Ford Racing data, expertise and global strategic relationships, fifteen52 believes it has built what is possibly the ultimate all-around Focus ST with the TrackSTer.
    Click here for images
    Photos by Brian McGee

# # #
    About fifteen52
    fifteen52 was founded in 1996. Originally known for bringing high-end Euro accessories to the US VW/Audi market, they quickly branched out into the high performance world as well. Builder of many high-profile project cars such as the VWvortex.com chronicled Project X Mk4 Jetta coupe series, fifteen52 has consistently been on the cutting edge of the Euro aftermarket scene. In the late 2000s fifteen52 began manufacturing their own line of wheels, with their most famous model, the Tarmac, making its way onto Ken Block’s HFHV Gymkhana FOUR and FIVE 650-hp Fiestas. By recently teaming up with Ford Racing and Ken Block for Project ST, fifteen52 is set to expand its reach even further into the automotive aftermarket scene. To learn more about these projects, and follow their progress, check out www.fifteen52projectST.com.

I spend too much of my life on FST! Jetspeed's Avatar
    is Building the Perfect Beast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is awesome. Lot's of good ideas for tuning my ST here. I like what they are doing with the suspension on the BlockSTyle car. It's been my concern to gain performance without giving up the daily driver aspects. They seem to share the same goals. I've been looking for a build like this. Thanks for the info STDan.
    Just a few minor mods

FST Senior Member Raelynn'sDaddy's Avatar
    is "Some see the glass half
    empty, others see it half
    full, Engineers see the glass
    as twice the size
    needed."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better pic of the rims on the TS in the pic. please ! Look foward to seeing all 3 of the final projects :-)

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black

I spend too much of my life on FST! Blacknblue2002's Avatar
    is a lowlife

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelynn'sDaddy View Post
    Better pic of the rims on the TS in the pic. please ! Look foward to seeing all 3 of the final projects :-)
    They have some better pics of that car on their site...look up Block STyle. The wheel is forged and can be had in multi-piece if wanted...but please don't bother asking prices...I've never heard of pricing so high as with that particular wheel. And I've had fully custom wheels on my last three cars.
    Raelynn'sDaddy likes this.
    '13 Oxford White ST3 - H&R Coilovers - CP-E CAI - Cobb AP V3 - MBRP Catback - 18x9 TD Wheels - Boomba RMM & BOV - Tripple R Lip

I spend too much of my life on FST! Disi's Avatar
    is MSpeed Tuning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Car looks badass.

Certain amount of FRS Rocket Bunny design in the kit....which isn't a bad thing.
    Last edited by Disi; 02-07-2013 at 07:20 AM.

I spend too much of my life on FST! Disi's Avatar
    is MSpeed Tuning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dangrus303 and U S Marine like this.

is whoosh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap that is one sexy backside
    STGuy likes this.
    TB ST2 w/ moonroof + nav - Steeda RMM - Buschur Filter - Valentine 1 - Yellow fogs

--boom roasted--

I spend too much of my life on FST! SierraTango's Avatar
    is organizing meets and going
    fast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh lord yes......

is driving it like I stole it!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    *cargasm*

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelynn'sDaddy View Post
    Check these out. They're from the projectST site
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2924
Size:  149.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 4392
Size:  132.2 KB

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links