UPDATED: March 20, 2015

Updating with working features.
1. Global open/close windows.
2. Removal of shift light.
3. After market HIDs
4. Add Hill Assist to non ST model
5. Turn on ecoscout display
6. Windshield wiper motor calibration
7. OEM Cruise Control added to Ford Focus SE with Sync: use option #23 Cruise Control set to "with Cruise Control"

When reading or writing config changes to the different modules you will create a slurry of DTC's on the car. This is completely normal. Download and install Forscan on your pc to read and clear out all the communications DTC's.

Things you will need: Laptop with USB port and a corded USB ELM327 code reader, or bluetooth capability if you are using an OBDlink MX or similiar adapter. A BestBuy Rocketfish micro Bluetooth adapter is what I have(id recommend the fastest bluetooth module you can get your hands on for under $40.
OBDlink MX: Shop this around, sales prices all over the place, or from here:Amazon.com: ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth/OBD-II Scan Tool Interface: Automotive

First you will need a OBD2 code reader that must be capable of reading the Highspeed (HS) canbus that Ford uses. If it can read the Medium Speed (MS-CAN) bus thats a plus for other purposes such as using the software known as Forscan . For the purposes of this write up I am using the OBDLink MX(what I had already). A corded USB ELM327 may work as well but depends on the quality of the knockoff sold at most locations.

Special note: If you are using Bluetooth you will need to know which com port your computer has assigned to the Bluetooth module.
Next you will need Forscan, download from here:Download FORScan.($Free) Forscan is a PC only test tool that can log several hundred different parameters at a time, read and clear all DTC's (you will get tons of dtc's during this process but no worries no long term effects are caused when done)and run individual selftests on each CAN module.

To do the window mod and shift light change you need the Focccus App, the as-built editor both of which can be found here: Ford Tools by xGloooM from ffclub.ru
You will need a windows PC with bluetooth wireless adapter. Lastly you will need the bluetooth code reader or ELM327.
The video how to above can walk you through what to do once you have these programs.

Here is the fun part. Go here: Ford Tools by xGloooM from ffclub.ru and open the AS Built editor.
type your vin number in and click download from ETIS. You should see something like this:

navigate to block 184
click the drop down box and change to either option 02 or 03(both work) but neither will open and close the sunroof.

Now scroll back to the top and click Make XML

now your pc will ask where to save the new file. Choose at your discretion as it does not matter. Go to your car and ensure your MX is plugged into the port(or Elm327). Car should be in accesory position (KOEO) key on engine off.

Now we load up the Focccus app. if you are using an OBDlink MX set your options to this
note...the com port is totally dependent on your pc setup.
Click open. Focccus will now load up to this screen

Now click load from file and browse to where you saved your new xml file you created. Click open. Focccus should now look like this:

To confirm the settings scroll down to block 184 and verify your new global open settings. If everything is correct you are ready to write.
If everything is good click here
you should see a message about starting the write procedure. Do not turn car off or press any buttons. You will see the green bar start on the left side and transition to the right in about 7-8 seconds till it shows 100%. the lights will shut off and come right back on and then you should see a message about write successful. At this point I waited for about 30seconds at which point I turned the car off and then back on to verify startup which worked as it should. Then I rolled all the windows down and turned the car off. To verify this worked get out and push and hold the lock button for maybe 5 seconds. You will now see the windows roll up perfectly. Same procedure to roll them down only now you use unlock on the Fob. Hope this helps you!

Attachments

See less See more
#1,652 ·
Has anyone actually confirmed yet this works on MY2015? I saw the posts saying a dealer did it, but has anyone done it with FoCCCus? I have a friend with a 2015 who is asking.

#1,653 ·
No no one has confirmed anything with the 2015.

#1,657 ·
With a $15 adapter from amazon you can do it yourself.

#1,660 ·
The 15 is different and the software hasnt been updated either. You can use the obd2 plug on many cars for its main purpose and maybe one day this app or the one Bugasu is working on will but the adapter to better use.

#1,665 ·
Yeah, moving into a new place, regardless if the wife liked it when you picked it, will produce a list of things that need to get done. Good luck!

#1,667 ·
So right now there is no way to activate the global windows in the key fob for the ST 2015 ?

#1,668 ·
Right now there is no way to know whether the capability even exists in the 2015.

#1,669 ·
And thats because Focccus isnt updated or because nobody has tried it yet?

#1,683 ·
Just did my global windows. Had a little trouble connecting OBDLink MX to my windows 8.1 machine at first but after a computer restart it paired fine and everything else went smoothly

Couple observations/questions:
1. Noticed it only worked with key fob and drivers side lock button. Windows wouldn't go up using passenger side lock button but car locked so button is working. Anyone else experience this?
2. Anyone keep their OBDLink MX plugged in all the time? If so did you remove the door to the obd port?

#1,690 ·
ok this might be a dumb question but what is the ecoscout display ?

Reactions: jdub1981
#1,691 ·
Its the stupid achievement display you get when you shift before the indicator says so. Its for gas mileage ratings. I thinks its the one that gives stars for anticipation and shifting and the like.

#1,697 ·
Guess you have about 1695 posts to read to fix what ever you may have done.

Reactions: jalapeno
#1,699 ·
Thanks for help. I was looking at all the drop-downs to see what they had in them. I'm pretty I changed something. I skimmed through some of the pages but I need to read it completely to figure out everything. For now I started from the beginning again and got the lights off and the window thing to work. This is a pretty cool app. Thanks for your hard work on it.

#1,704 ·
The necessary files werent updated. I believe the accessport needed a slight change as well just for tunes. Someone here could try to email the developer to get the source code.

#1,707 ·
Anyone know why the clock time in the car would be frozen after doing the global open close on an ST1? I've done a few other vehicles and this hasn't happened before. Unplugging the negative battery cable for a minute or so didn't do it. I'll try reflashing the XML file to the bcm again. Or back to stock then back to the global open close file.

But looking to know if this has happened to anyone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.