Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Super Moderator yellowfocusstman's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is The heat is killing me...and
    my turbo...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trouble with Galaxy S3 and SYNC: Wallpaper

I just got a new phone, the Samsung Galaxy S3 and SYNC won't recognize it to be able to upload new wallpapers. I've got it working perfectly as far as the bluetooth and making and receiving calls. It also plays my music via USB, but can't upload the wallpapers. It says it doesn't recognize the device.

Anyone else have this phone and having similar issues?

Unleashed/Rays Gram Lights 57 DR/CXRacing Intecooler/Rear muffler delete/Cobb CAI w/K&N filter/H&R Lowering Springs/Street Scene/Tanner Foust Front Splitter and Sideskirts(wrapped in CF)/Steeda rear swaybar/Steeda Short Throw Shifter kit/Foust/Cobb Shift Knob/JBR Solid Shifter Bushings/Powerflex Rear Motor Mount insert/TSB Top Motor Mount/NGK Iridium IX7-11 plugs/K&N Filter/Redline Hood Struts/Spec D Tuning lug nuts/Rear wiper delete/3M 1080 Carbon Fiber vinyl/LEDs

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the same issue. I wanted to load a pic off my SD card but Sync will tell me nothing is on it.

is working to pay the bills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to be fussy about usb drives. I had to tried two regular sticks before it liked the second one. I tried reformatting and it still didn't take. I'm not sure what it's looking for.

Premium Member
    my turbo...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just got off the phone with the SYNC helpline and there's an update to the software that only the dealership can install. I currently have version 3.0 and there's a 3.5 update, but only the dealership can install it. I'll be there tomorrow or Wednesday and will let you know if it makes the system any better.

As for the images, the tech said that my images must be uploaded via a USB flashdrive and that the phone has too many things on it for the system to recognize. Funny, because I was able to upload pics from my Droid X, but not this phone. He also said that there shouldn't be anything else on the flash drive other than the images that are within the parameters of the wallpaper.

Unleashed/Rays Gram Lights 57 DR/CXRacing Intecooler/Rear muffler delete/Cobb CAI w/K&N filter/H&R Lowering Springs/Street Scene/Tanner Foust Front Splitter and Sideskirts(wrapped in CF)/Steeda rear swaybar/Steeda Short Throw Shifter kit/Foust/Cobb Shift Knob/JBR Solid Shifter Bushings/Powerflex Rear Motor Mount insert/TSB Top Motor Mount/NGK Iridium IX7-11 plugs/K&N Filter/Redline Hood Struts/Spec D Tuning lug nuts/Rear wiper delete/3M 1080 Carbon Fiber vinyl/LEDs

Premium Member
    my turbo...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Trouble with Galaxy S3 and SYNC: Wallpaper

Another fyi.... It seems to like png files better for some reason.

YellowfocusSTman

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi where can I find some nice Focus ST wallpaper? btw my research shows that using a flash drive works better jpeg 800X384 pixels

Links