So I'm new to turbo land...be gentle.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: So I'm new to turbo land...be gentle.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm new to turbo land...be gentle.

Ok....so I don't know much about turbos and more specifically, Ecoboost. This is my first Ford and my first turbo hatch since the '80s..
    My car is 2014 ST...stock. I fabled a block off for the sound symposer, removed the resonator and muffler.
    Love the snap, crackle, pop and gurgle...but here I sit with a shiny metal black ST...and no direction or clue where to go with it.
    I need friendly advice. I don't want a "ricey" tuner with a giant wing....but a stocker just isn't hitting for me now that the newness has worn a little. I bought the car from Chino Hills Ford used with 20k miles and it still has that new car smell.
    ....but now I need tires, the long throw shifter bugs the h3LL out of me...and I think it would look better lower.
    Any suggestions and simple ideas would be greatly appriciated...and here in Chino Hills....where do I go for reliable performance part?
    So, enough of my whining.
    Hit me!

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. I was in the same boat you are in now. Most of us on here were. You like it lower ,CK the suspension threads. You like it smoother, faster ...CK the performance threads. Everybody has their own ideas on first steps. Myself I went bigger intercooler...Fmic, cai, cattback exhaust then tune. There is a thread for all of this. Search first and don't be quite to ask questions. Have fun n mod MOD mod?

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  IMG_7122.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  60.6 KB
    Cowlynz and LeojST like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoldt View Post
    Ok....so I don't know much about turbos and more specifically, Ecoboost. This is my first Ford and my first turbo hatch since the '80s..
    My car is 2014 ST...stock. I fabled a block off for the sound symposer, removed the resonator and muffler.
    Love the snap, crackle, pop and gurgle...but here I sit with a shiny metal black ST...and no direction or clue where to go with it.
    I need friendly advice. I don't want a "ricey" tuner with a giant wing....but a stocker just isn't hitting for me now that the newness has worn a little. I bought the car from Chino Hills Ford used with 20k miles and it still has that new car smell.
    ....but now I need tires, the long throw shifter bugs the h3LL out of me...and I think it would look better lower.
    Any suggestions and simple ideas would be greatly appriciated...and here in Chino Hills....where do I go for reliable performance part?
    So, enough of my whining.
    Hit me!
    Hi, congrats on your ST. First advice keep the stock wing, anything else looks out of place and ricey

For mods do them in this order using COBBs OTS tunes along the way

Cobb APv3>RMM>Intake(or just filter)>FMIC>Catback exhaust & Downpipe> non cobb OTS tune > additional traction upgrades if you feel the need >suspension>wheels & rubber

Goodluck
    COBB -APv3 - Rear Motor Mount
    ROUSH-Intake - Catback Exhaust
    MBRP -Catless Downpipe
    CPE-FMIC
    STEEDA-Sound Symposer Delete - Oil Separator
    VELOSSA TECH-Badges

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my first turbo as well. My last car was an 08 Mazda 3s and I while I enjoyed that hatch I always wish I had picked up the Speed3.

The best guide I've found so far is the one of the many great tech articles at Stratified

is Happy with the Boomba Short
    Shift Kit

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, and Welcome!
    The first mod I did was a short shifter with Solid base and trans bracket bushings.
    I recommend Boomba Racing's Ultimate Shift Kit. Great bang for the buck.

2013 Focus ST Performance Blue

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyRobez View Post
    Name:  IMG_7122.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  60.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlynz View Post
    Congrats, and Welcome!
    The first mod I did was a short shifter with Solid base and trans bracket bushings.
    I recommend Boomba Racing's Ultimate Shift Kit. Great bang for the buck.
    Thanks for not brushing me off.....I appriciate the time taken to respond. I guess I'm old school and customizing is now called "mod"....or am I wrong? I have ALWAYS tricked my cars and trucks...but for some reason, and maybe it's because it's new, this car has me at a loss...I mean, other than some off-the -shelf bolt ons...
    I've seen parts like wheel spacers and drop springs...and I will most definitely look at that Boomba shift kit.....I guess the real question should be, what's wonky and what's *****'n? What are the, " change the car to a different animal...for the better" mods. Short shift kit....rear engine mount...what else? Can't live without it....never going back...I'm all ears!!

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read people's build thread's for ideas.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    LeojST likes this.

is the boring stock guy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, welcome to the forums, let me get this part out of the way. I'm the one to tell people to leave it alone, but by ALL means, do as you wish!

That said I'm also a Photographer and frequent the ACH, let me know if your ever up there

On tires: Look for some one offloading a set of stock eagles on Craigs List, you can pick up a set for cheeeeeeppppp

I spend too much of my life on FST! LockeLamora33's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordred View Post
    Well, welcome to the forums, let me get this part out of the way. I'm the one to tell people to leave it alone, but by ALL means, do as you wish!

That said I'm also a Photographer and frequent the ACH, let me know if your ever up there

On tires: Look for some one offloading a set of stock eagles on Craigs List, you can pick up a set for cheeeeeeppppp
    This guy is on drugs, the stock summers suck and you should mod the **** out of your car.

Do a RMM and short shifter for the car feel, intercooler and tune for performance and some mountune or ford performance springs to lower the car a little bit, pair those with some bilsteins or something if you want the struts to actually last.
    Cowlynz and Ssquared like this.
    2016 ST3-Boomba Racing- S+T bushings-Short shift kit w/270g knob-BPV Breedt Quick Shift Arm TbPerformance Traction Bar FSWERKS Cool Flo Inlet Tube Mountune RMM ActiveShiftDesign Gas Pedal Spacer CP-E Lightweight ΔCore COBB AP3

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links