So I'm new to turbo land...be gentle. - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: So I'm new to turbo land...be gentle.

I spend too much of my life on FST! LockeLamora33's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordred View Post
    I find it odd how often I'm told I am either under the influence of something, or that I am crazy for ever recommending some one consider the idea of leaving the car stock.

When the car is stock is the best time to learn what it can, and cannot do. Do a bunch of research to see what you have to do to get the changes you want, and stop telling people the stock Eagle F1s suck, they are a fantastic performing tire and often discarded by others with plenty of life left. If the OP needs tires because they are worn down, picking up a lightly used set is a great idea, as he could find which wheels/tires he would like to end up with, and start hunting for deals. Rather than paying full price up front just to get there.
    I happen to agree with most however that if your plan is to drive the car hard every day, a RMM is a good first choice in this car.
    I obviously was just busting balls a little about the drugs comment. The car is obviously really fun and a great car stock, but I think it quickly can get a lot more fun with a few mods. And the tires, we are gonna have to agree to disagree, I will NEVER stop saying those stock eagles don't suck. They do suck and if he was in MA I'd give him the ones that came on my car free that only have 500 miles.
    2016 ST3-Boomba Racing- S+T bushings-Short shift kit w/270g knob-BPV Breedt Quick Shift Arm TbPerformance Traction Bar FSWERKS Cool Flo Inlet Tube Mountune RMM ActiveShiftDesign Gas Pedal Spacer CP-E Lightweight ΔCore COBB AP3

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeLamora33 View Post
    I obviously was just busting balls a little about the drugs comment. The car is obviously really fun and a great car stock, but I think it quickly can get a lot more fun with a few mods. And the tires, we are gonna have to agree to disagree, I will NEVER stop saying those stock eagles don't suck. They do suck and if he was in MA I'd give him the ones that came on my car free that only have 500 miles.
    I'll drive up to MA to get those for free lol
    ST_Fan likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyRobez View Post
    I'll drive up to MA to get those for free lol
    I live in Savoy MA, I'm not kidding if you want them and will come drive here I will give them to you. They are taking up space and the only time I would ever use them would be to trade it in, I plan on keeping this car for a while and probably won't hang on to them that long. I initially tried to sell them around here but since the tire size is sorta unique there wasn't any interest. PM me if you are serious.
    2016 ST3-Boomba Racing- S+T bushings-Short shift kit w/270g knob-BPV Breedt Quick Shift Arm TbPerformance Traction Bar FSWERKS Cool Flo Inlet Tube Mountune RMM ActiveShiftDesign Gas Pedal Spacer CP-E Lightweight ΔCore COBB AP3

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

I spend too much of my life on FST! viper91681's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeLamora33 View Post
    And the tires, we are gonna have to agree to disagree, I will NEVER stop saying those stock eagles don't suck.
    I'm one of the few I think that are on the side of disagreement with this statement. I think that the stock Goodyear Summer tires were great in HOT weather, they had tons of grip and would take anything I could throw at them. However, they did suck when the temps were lower than mid 60's in my opinion. Because of this I went with Michelin PSS when I replaced them a few weeks ago.

**we all have our own opinions and this is just mine **
    2013 TB ST3 || Cobb AP V3, 91 Octane Tune by Stratified || Tint, 20% Front / 13% Rear || Cobb Short Shift Plate @ 40% || Mountune High Flow Air Filter || MBRP Catback || Steeda FMIC ||

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by viper91681 View Post
    I'm one of the few I think that are on the side of disagreement with this statement. I think that the stock Goodyear Summer tires were great in HOT weather, they had tons of grip and would take anything I could throw at them. However, they did suck when the temps were lower than mid 60's in my opinion. Because of this I went with Michelin PSS when I replaced them a few weeks ago.

**we all have our own opinions and this is just mine **
    We don't have HOT weather so you could be right. When I drove the car it was rarely over mid 70s and I never had confidence in how they felt. They could be great in Cali or FL
    viper91681 likes this.

is Very happy with my finalized
    BT tune

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A tune and shift plate or kit will be exciting for a bit. Then the modding will get interesting once you start looking for your next fix.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Unleashed Custom Big Turbo Tune | FullRace EFR 6758 | W/M I D-09 Nozzle | E-Focus Roll Restrictor(RMM) | K&N Air Filter | JBR Solid Shifter Bushings | Boomba Trans Bushings | Eibach ProKit Springs | Cobb STS 40% | JBR BSD | Avant Garde M310 18x8.5 42OS | GY Eagle F1s | Levels FMIC | Redline Tuning Hood Struts | Ford Power Button | FRPP CAI | RallyArmor Flaps | AVS Rainguards | MBRP 304 XP Series 3" TB | Steeda SS Delete | Hella Supertones

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links