Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Torque Pro or Torque Lite

I spend too much of my life on FST! coriolis's Avatar
    is always needing Bacon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THNDRRR View Post
    Is this displayed on the MFT screen ?

No, on Android smartphones. Basically you buy the app (about $25 if I recall), buy a ODBII bluetooth adapter (about $10), then pair the two. The app pulls all the info the ECU and allow you to make different gauges, dials, charts and graphs on the smartphone. In the video above, it uses the free addon Track Recorder which is exactly as it sounds. It uses the smartphone to record video while pulling data from the ECU.

Super Moderator yellowfocusstman's Avatar
    Premium Member
    is The heat is killing me...and
    my turbo...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDayAU View Post
    Anything your ECU does can be displayed via this torque app. Air intake temp, coolant temp, revs, ect. I use it to monitor temps and other little things, but it can calculate 1/4 mile times and some other cool stuff

Anyone ever left their bluetooth connector hooked up accidentally for 5-6 days? Haha dead battery!
    I leave mine plugged in all the time and never had a dead battery. Do you have it set to turn off?

YellowfocusSTman

Unleashed/Rota Grids 9.5 Hyper Black/CXRacing Intecooler/Rear muffler delete/Cobb CAI w/K&N filter/H&R Lowering Springs/Street Scene/Tanner Foust Front Splitter and Sideskirts/Focus RS Hood Vents/Steeda rear swaybar/Boomba Short Throw Shifter with Steeda shift bracket/Foust/Cobb Shift Knob/JBR Solid Shifter Bushings/Powerflex Rear Motor Mount insert/TSB Top Motor Mount/K&N Filter/Redline Hood Struts/Spec D Tuning lug nuts/Rear wiper delete/LEDs
    Check out my build thread HERE!

I spend too much of my life on FST! pmaltinsky's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coriolis View Post
    No, on Android smartphones. Basically you buy the app (about $25 if I recall), buy a ODBII bluetooth adapter (about $10), then pair the two. The app pulls all the info the ECU and allow you to make different gauges, dials, charts and graphs on the smartphone. In the video above, it uses the free addon Track Recorder which is exactly as it sounds. It uses the smartphone to record video while pulling data from the ECU.
    Couldn't you use the the HDMI port on your phone with a converter to plug into the rca jacks...then you would see it on the MFT display

FST Senior Member andrew.scheidy's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmaltinsky View Post

Couldn't you use the the HDMI port on your phone with a converter to plug into the rca jacks...then you would see it on the MFT display
    I don't think videos via RCA can be played on the MFT while moving..." safety feature" not sure though so don't take my word for it lol

Premium Member
    my turbo...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmaltinsky View Post
    If anyone gets this to work, please let me know....that would be awesome!
    Ocysp likes this.

Unleashed/Rota Grids 9.5 Hyper Black/CXRacing Intecooler/Rear muffler delete/Cobb CAI w/K&N filter/H&R Lowering Springs/Street Scene/Tanner Foust Front Splitter and Sideskirts/Focus RS Hood Vents/Steeda rear swaybar/Boomba Short Throw Shifter with Steeda shift bracket/Foust/Cobb Shift Knob/JBR Solid Shifter Bushings/Powerflex Rear Motor Mount insert/TSB Top Motor Mount/K&N Filter/Redline Hood Struts/Spec D Tuning lug nuts/Rear wiper delete/LEDs

Premium Member
    my turbo...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I think about it though...I don't think it would show on the screen with the car in gear, would it?

FST Senior Member andrew.scheidy's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you can't use the navigation touch screen while going faster than like 5 mph so I'd assume the video mode wouldnt work either.

I spend too much of my life on FST! JDayAU's Avatar
    This user has no status.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfocusstman View Post
    I leave mine plugged in all the time and never had a dead battery. Do you have it set to turn off?

YellowfocusSTman

The bluetooth adapter on the obd port is always drawing power. The one i bought does at least. It killed my evo's small battery in 5-6 days. I'm sure a full size battery might never die.

Even has a warning label on the connector saying to unplug it after use. Red light stays on when the car is off.

is trying to find his pants

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This would be cool on a heads up real time display on the windshield or something. I would like to be able to view live data. I'm sure between Python and Linux, something would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by coriolis View Post

I spend too much of my life on FST! coriolis's Avatar
    is always needing Bacon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can even make Torque go 'HUD' mode so the screen bounces off your front windshield and you see the dials/gauges/charts on the windshield.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links