Turbosmart Dual Port Question
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By brian60
  • 2 Post By brian60
  • 1 Post By StevenST
  • 1 Post By SIstomper

Thread: Turbosmart Dual Port Question

I spend too much of my life on FST! Eric15RRST's Avatar
    is Lovin' Life!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turbosmart Dual Port Question

I have a turbosmart 50/50 and I'll tell you what.. I like it.. but damn does it blow off constantly and at such low speeds... Is there some sort of maintenance for these? Also is there a way to make it blow off less at low pressures? I got a symposer delete kit that included the optional nipple but i've never been able to find out how to hook it up to the BOV to make it not blow off so much.. does anyone have the answer to these questions? Appreciated!
    2015 Racered ST3 w/ premium Wheels & Black Stripe Kit
    Current:
    54mm ST Center Caps
    Steeda Black Shift Knob
    20% Tint all around
    Green Filter
    Turbosmart 50/50 Dual Port BOV
    Emblem Overlays
    ZL1 Rock Guards

is waiting for the warm weather.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric15RRST View Post
    I have a turbosmart 50/50 and I'll tell you what.. I like it.. but damn does it blow off constantly and at such low speeds... Is there some sort of maintenance for these? Also is there a way to make it blow off less at low pressures? I got a symposer delete kit that included the optional nipple but i've never been able to find out how to hook it up to the BOV to make it not blow off so much.. does anyone have the answer to these questions? Appreciated!
    This was just asked about 4 times in the last 1.5 weeks. I'll edit this with some links when I find them lol

Edit: Literally 14 threads below yours on page 1 lol...you gotta do a little research sometimes before just firing off a question in a new thread.
    Boomba bov

Page one of the performance sub-forum:
    BOV control by intake vs oem solenoid...

Also useful for how to do it:
    Bov off manifold
    Last edited by brian60; 02-17-2017 at 10:20 AM.
    Bryman13 and SIstomper like this.
    2014 Peformance Blue ST3

Mods:
    Stratified 93Oct Tune - AP v3
    CP-E 3.5" FMIC
    Depo Racing Catless DP
    Cobb RMM, CAI, Short Shift kit
    Boomba Racing Wing Risers and BOV
    VelossaTech Rear Diffuser Fins
    Rally Armour Mud Flaps
    Diode Dynamics LED Fog Lights with Yellow LaminX
    Tinted Windows/Lights
    ITV22 Spark Plugs
    Subdued Flag Decals (2) with Thin Blue Line

I spend too much of my life on FST! Eric15RRST's Avatar
    is Lovin' Life!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea.. so this doesn't help me at all.. I'm not a mechanic.. I'm trying to figure out an easy way to do this... these 2 threads.. which aren't exactly easy to find on this forum do not help me understand what I need to know.. So thanks for being *****y that I asked a question for a more concise answer.. Jesus. Why is it you're not allowed to ask a straight forward question HOPING for a straight forward answer? You always end up with crazy technical answers.. I dont understand what seloniods are or how to use manifold pressure.. even if I did.. I dont know what lines go where.. and there's no REAL diagram out there to show me this.. so thanks.
    2015 Racered ST3 w/ premium Wheels & Black Stripe Kit
    Current:
    54mm ST Center Caps
    Steeda Black Shift Knob
    20% Tint all around
    Green Filter
    Turbosmart 50/50 Dual Port BOV
    Emblem Overlays
    ZL1 Rock Guards

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

is waiting for the warm weather.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea.. so this doesn't help me at all.. I'm not a mechanic.. I'm trying to figure out an easy way to do this... these 2 threads.. which aren't exactly easy to find on this forum do not help me understand what I need to know.. So thanks for being *****y that I asked a question for a more concise answer.. Jesus. Why is it you're not allowed to ask a straight forward question HOPING for a straight forward answer? You always end up with crazy technical answers.. I dont understand what seloniods are or how to use manifold pressure.. even if I did.. I dont know what lines go where.. and there's no REAL diagram out there to show me this.. so thanks.
    First, chill. Second, I'm sorry you don't understand the reason the problem is happening...

Eventually if someone who knows exactly what you need to do and has pictures or a diagram they will most likely reply. Don't be a defensive prick because I brought up the fact this has been asked several times recently. There is no straight forward answer other than one which is technical, which I gave you, that you would understand.

Edit: I too knew nothing about the solenoid is or anything...so I researched it and decided I'd rather have my tuner adjust the wastegate tables. If you don't want to do any physical stuff to your motor then you can get your car tuned and have your tuner modify them.
    lx_2nv and SIstomper like this.
    2014 Peformance Blue ST3

Mods:
    Stratified 93Oct Tune - AP v3
    CP-E 3.5" FMIC
    Depo Racing Catless DP
    Cobb RMM, CAI, Short Shift kit
    Boomba Racing Wing Risers and BOV
    VelossaTech Rear Diffuser Fins
    Rally Armour Mud Flaps
    Diode Dynamics LED Fog Lights with Yellow LaminX
    Tinted Windows/Lights
    ITV22 Spark Plugs
    Subdued Flag Decals (2) with Thin Blue Line

I spend too much of my life on FST! StevenST's Avatar
    is warm and soothing, like a
    human bowl of tomato soup.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a symposer delete, run a vacuum line from it to the factory line and attach them together and then cap off the nipple on the selenoid. All set
    SIstomper likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that this will solve the problem all together, but when I'm cruising and not driving too hard I use my eco map slot that restricts my boost and the BOV is much more tame. You obviously need an APV3 with a tune that gives you an eco slot.

Just my 2 cents.
    2016 Kona Blue ST2

Mods:
    COBB CAI, Short Shift Plate 40%, AP V3
    Mountune RMM
    CPE Delta Core Lightweight FMIC
    Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV
    VelossaTech Intake Snorkel
    Stratified 93 Flash Tune, E85 Flash Tune
    Steeda SS Delete
    WeatherTech Floor Mats
    Tints: 15% back, 25% front
    CJPP Hood Struts

What's Next?
    CJPP Catted DP
    FRPP Catback

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue so this is what i did the other night, problem was solved and i actually love my bov now!

First what you want to do is install the symposer delete with the boost port nipple attached.

Next remove your passenger side wheel to access the bov.
    Locate the small vacuum line that goes from the bov to the hard-line and remove it.

Next get a small 1/4 inch rubber cap and put it on the hard-line use one of the old clamps on the vacuum hose to hold the cap on.

Now take about 4ft of 1/4 rubber hose and put the one end on the nipple to the bov and tighten it up with a 1/4 inch hose clamp (do not over tighten).

Pop the hood so you can pull the hose up from the bov and run it under your coolant tank to keep it away from any moving part and heat, then attach the other end to the nipple on the symposer delete. Clamp that end with a 1/4 inch hose clamp and start your car.

Check for leaks at the symposer delete and hard-line if everything checks out good install your wheel shut your hood and enjoy a bov that doesn't annoy the **** out oh you!

is waiting on the next gen FoST

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything you need to know

Boost reference line locations?
    StevenST likes this.

Sponsored Links