Ford Focus ST Forum banner

"Perimeter Alarm"... what is it?

87K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  yellowfocusstman 
#1 ·
Ford mentions this as standard on the car. Anyone have any info on this system, because there sure isn't much detail on the site. Is it just a standard shock sensor?

#3 ·
^thats intelligent access, not perimeter alarm.

perimeter alarm now, not sure exactly what it does but i know that it will sound an alarm if you lock your car and have a window open and try to unlock the car by reaching in the window

#5 ·
Two-step perimeter alarm gives a warning chirp for non-threatening impacts and a Real Panic Sound if security is threatened.
IT-s (Interior Theft Sensor) uses infrared technology to protect the vehicles contents.
Factory-supplied transmitter remotely locks/unlocks doors and deactivates the alarm.
Dome lights are activated for illuminated entry/exit.
For vehicles equipped with factory keyless entry.

#6 ·
Yep. It seems to be combined with intelligent access... but it is an alarm feature and is a bit like shock sensors on a conventional alarm, only with additional sensors.

I just hope it doesn't give too much false alarms like my last alarm... in the end I didn't activate it because it would sound when a truck passed by or for no apparent reason in the middle of the night! :(

#8 ·
The "intelligent access" has me baffled sometimes. Getting in, no problem. Car unlocks when you have the fob on your person. But it seems sometimes I have issues trying to lock the car (without pressing the lock button on the fob). Maybe I'm just not sure what exactly I'm supposed to do, and I never read the manual (RTFM!). My nissan's was easy - a little button on the handle you pressed to lock, unlock.

#9 ·
so is it necessary to correct someone if they are not wrong? all i said was that they are two different things and according to window stickers they are listed separately.

#11 ·
Awesome. I learned something today. I figured out what that black spot on the door handle is for. No more fiddling with the key fob to unlock and lock the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.