I just want to hear it spool.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: I just want to hear it spool.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to hear it spool.

I know this is my first post, I'm not a troll!
    I just bought a 16' focus st a couple days ago, and i like it so far. My buddy also just bought a 16' gti, and we swapped cars yesterday for about an hour. Comparing the two i do much rather the focus, its handling just feels much more natural, we couldn't agree on who's car was faster so they are close. But driving his car.. all you can hear is the turbo spooling, super loud too.
    OK, getting to the point. What is the best cold air intake for these cars ?

Name:  13119036_10209476518979981_2340784770760632713_n.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  181.1 KB

is BT Time!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats! I would recommend just getting a filter like a Green filter or K&N instead of a whole intake. The stock intake is plenty as far as following. If you just want sound, the filter is the fastest and easiest way of getting it. If you want to do more cash, there's plenty to choose from. Good luck!
    Cowlynz likes this.
    2013 ST1 TS | Cobb AP3 with Stratified BT Tune making 440whp 407wtq | 12.5 @ 119mph
    EFR 6758 | Green Filter | DIY Port Aux Fuel | MBRP 3" CBE
    Denso ITV-22 Plugs | Panda Motorworks TR8 FMIC
    Boomba RMM, Short Shift Plate, Shift Arm, & Shift Base Bushings
    CP-E Hot Charge Pipe | Breedt Symposer Delete

is boy calls it "daddies
    vroom vroom"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you likely aren't hearing spooling because the turbo in these are tinny and silent. Tell you open them up or make them bigger, not sure how you would hear it.

You are likely hearing the sound symposer... I would HIGHLY recommend deleting that and then getting a AEM air filter and a intake tube. The AEM filter isn't going to make your intake louder but it is imo the best aftermarket filter.

Or if you want to spend big money go pick your favorite brand and buy their intake. Steeda has a nice system ( just make sure they fit the 16, I know there is some differences between 13/14 and 15/16)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willfromfreeport View Post
    Welcome and congrats! I would recommend just getting a filter like a Green filter or K&N instead of a whole intake. The stock intake is plenty as far as following. If you just want sound, the filter is the fastest and easiest way of getting it. If you want to do more cash, there's plenty to choose from. Good luck!
    thank you ! and yea, I'm just looking for the sound. This is just going to be my DD

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaldwin86 View Post
    you likely aren't hearing spooling because the turbo in these are tinny and silent. Tell you open them up or make them bigger, not sure how you would hear it.

You are likely hearing the sound symposer... I would HIGHLY recommend deleting that and then getting a AEM air filter and a intake tube. The AEM filter isn't going to make your intake louder but it is imo the best aftermarket filter.

Or if you want to spend big money go pick your favorite brand and buy their intake. Steeda has a nice system ( just make sure they fit the 16, I know there is some differences between 13/14 and 15/16)
    i guess ill be deleting the symposer then! I have a 2013 duramax and my turbo is just deafening in it. I'm not expecting it to be like that, but i just want to at least hear it lol

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaldwin86 View Post

Stupid question. But does doing a sound symposer delete void warranty? And does it hurt the car in anyway?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestbrah View Post
    Stupid question. But does doing a sound symposer delete void warranty? And does it hurt the car in anyway?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    i possibly can't imagine so, i was just doing some research on it. it just seems that its only intended uses is to transfer some motor noise into the car... but i could be wrong lol

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jasonsc95 Welcome and congrats on the new ST, I got the filter in the COBB Stage 1 Package, which I believe if you ask some is the same as a green filter.
    Though our turbos are tiny and quiet, switching the filter out and leaving the top off the housing will provide a nice sound.
    Here's mine!
    Also I just installed the steeda sound symposer delete, alot nicer interior sound without it!
    Last edited by BrendoST; 05-01-2016 at 11:32 AM.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BrendoST that is a massive difference, id just be A OK with that for a while. Thanks so much !!!
    BrendoST likes this.

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if there are any tunes out for the 16' that won't void warranty ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links