Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Am I the only one who has bad luck with their ST?

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  stephenvz 
#1 ·
I have a 15 ST3 black.

After about 3 months of having it on the way home a gravel truck leaked gravel all over the highway and caused me to get a TON of rock chips. Luckily I found the truck and their company paid for the damages.

However 2 days after getting it fixed I got a single big Rock chip on the hood, currently fixed by touch up paint, but it's still noticable.

I'm navy so I go out to sea, and I was forced to drive my car to work and leave it in parking lot, I went out to sea for 2 weeks and when I got back someone had opened their door into mine.

I was quoted $800 to fix rock chip and door ding, $400 each.

It's to the point I almost want to trade it in and ignore the negative equity. I've not even had it a year yet and all this...

#2 ·
Rock chips are how you know you're bout dat ST life.

Reactions: Unfitproduct
#6 ·
Idk, I'm committed to mine. Just ain't care.

Hoping just like anyone else that the newness of it never fades. But things are bound to happen and it'll just add character to the car I think. I've had a dozen cars before my ST all worth under 5k beaters that had more imperfections than I could count heck ive done my share of rice aka the Japanese ******* way: whatever works. I made them all special, unique.

Metal pole flies in windshield and impales floor pan? Weld it in and increase chassis rigidity.

Eventually your front end will be sandblasted. Say in 5 years. Swap an RS front end on at that point. Take original and sell "ready for paint of your choice".

#7 ·
That is bad luck man, I so many rock chips on my ST's that I gave up caring so much.
But how is getting another car going to prevent people from being a**holes?

#8 ·
Brush it off. Rock chips will happen so invest in a clear bra and mudflaps for the side skirts and you'll be okay.

#14 ·
pshhhh my ST has been hit by a bus then fixed then a week later was hit by a car then fixed then after installing a FMIC my wheel weld black liner some how came undone and was completely torn off so now the only thing holding on my bumper is some clips lol I think I have the worse luck with the ST. still love the car I just feel it can never catch a break when people keep hitting it and ****.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.