Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What did you do to your ST today?

5M views 36K replies 2K participants last post by  jordysalsa 
#1 ·
I like reading these types of threads on other forums I frequent so I figured I'd start one here as well.

As far as me, I turned 500 miles then washed it for the first time since the end of January when I bought it. I forgot how bright silver the wheels were behind all that crazy brake dust.

#36,146 ·
#36,147 · (Edited)
Don't need defrost for the side windows? 🤔

Zietronix makes a low profile gage, 3/4" thick, surface mount.
Zeitronix ECA : SEMA Award Winning Ethanol Content Analyzer and Flex Fuel Sensor for E-85 and E-85/gasoline Blends

Note I have not actually used one.
Nah, it won't be missed. I really tried to find a better, somewhat inconspicuous location for it, but even compromising and "deleting" the vent, I still prefer this spot. I would've gone double A pillar pod, but they only make triples. Thought about the glove box, but I want it on the dash somewhere, while being out of the FOV of the windshield. Thought about on top of the steering colulmn, but hate blocking the stock cluster.

This was the cheapest route, summit had the gauge on sale, and I had a $40 voucher to spend with them anyways. I really debated a raspberry or other similar cheapo SOC based project, it's by far the cheapest route. But don't have the time right now to be bothered.

Re: zeltronix and Tune+ gauges, I've seen way too many examples of those crappy barbs and plastic quick disconnects failing and/or coming lose. Blows me away people do anything less than quality AN fittings and threaded aluminum quick disconnect adapter fittings, when it comes to anything fuel related. Crimped lines would be ideal, but quality PTFE AN lines with threaded aluminum QD adapters are a good compromise.

And sure you can obviously run whatever combination of lines/fittings you want. But that's pushing $500-600 just for a content sensor. I think I'm like ~$300 all in with this setup which includes the aforementioned high quality PTFE AN lines and fittings.

#36,148 ·
Nah, it won't be missed. I really tried to find a better, somewhat inconspicuous location for it, but even compromising and "deleting" the vent, I still prefer this spot. I would've gone double A pillar pod, but they only make triples. Thought about the glove box, but I want it on the dash somewhere, while being out of the FOV of the windshield. Thought about on top of the steering colulmn, but hate blocking the stock cluster.

This was the cheapest route, summit had the gauge on sale, and I had a $40 voucher to spend with them anyways. I really debated a raspberry or other similar cheapo SOC based project, it's by far the cheapest route. But don't have the time right now to be bothered.

Re: zeltronix and Tune+ gauges, I've seen way too many examples of those crappy barbs and plastic quick disconnects failing and/or coming lose. Blows me away people do anything less than quality AN fittings and threaded aluminum quick disconnect adapter fittings, when it comes to anything fuel related. Crimped lines would be ideal, but quality PTFE AN lines with threaded aluminum QD adapters are a good compromise.

And sure you can obviously run whatever combination of lines/fittings you want. But that's pushing $500-600 just for a content sensor. I think I'm like ~$300 all in with this setup which includes the aforementioned high quality PTFE AN lines and fittings.
I know what you mean about the fittings and stuff. That's partly why I decided not to bother with adding a gage.

#36,150 ·
I finally finished my intercooler install, originally performed during lockdown four years ago. The cpe instructions didn't mention pulling the AGS motor, zip tying it up near the headlight, and plugging in the connector to prevent disastrous (OK, just super annoying and hard to diagnose) electrical problems in the future due to corrosion. I didn't find out about the proper procedure until a few months after I (mostly) completed the install.

Because I'm super lazy and actually don't enjoy pretending to be a mechanic I've been putting it off until now. I did put black tape over the AGS connector before hanging it up in the wiring harness and when I pulled it off it was definitely corroding. I pulled the battery negative and scraped off the connector and then did the required finish work.

I think I was just in time before the Gremlins were about to appear. Sorry, no pics.