Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Focus ST stock motor good for how much hp?

This user has no status.

Sorry to bring this back up from the dead but can someone confirm for sure whether the internals are forged or otherwise? I've read the 4 pages here and two statements have been made. Thanks a bunch.

is deciding on which big turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Sorry to bring this back up from the dead but can someone confirm for sure whether the internals are forged or otherwise? I've read the 4 pages here and two statements have been made. Thanks a bunch.
    Forged rods with floating pins. Rest is cast.
    Unleashed 93B(Awesome!) | Unleashed W/M I | E-Focus Roll Restrictor(RMM) | K&N Air Filter | JBR Solid Shifter Bushings | Eibach ProKit Springs | Cobb STS 40% | JBR BSD(waiting for next oil change) | Avant Garde M310 18x8.5 42OS | BFG KDW's | Levels FMIC | Redline Tuning Hood Struts | Ford Power Button | OCD Cold Side | CP-E Hot Side | FRPP CAI | Rallyarmor Flaps | AVS Rainguards | Boomba Black BOV | MBRP 304 XP Series 3" TB | Steeda SS Delete

This user has no status.

Too bad not everything is forged- a great peace of mind for those seeking extra power and reliability. Thanks for your response.

is Bending Tubing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sins View Post
    Well hurry up people start straping over sized turbo's to the ST, we need to figure this out... Someone start with a Turbonetics 122, that should be small enough to get some super HP out of, and still be reliable lol.
    Turbonetics and reliable don't belong in the same sentence.. I've got a ball bearing T76 that's a 25lb paperweight...
    Capri83RS, ST_Fan and FOURCED like this.
    Now carrying aftermarket parts from several vendors; Eibach, Quaife, Stoptech, KW coilovers, MBRP, Boomba, BC Racing, H&R, Injen, Magnaflow, Flowmaster etc.. Will meet or beat any advertised price.

Located in Cornelius, NC.
    -PM for requests/inquiries..

is just looking for an excuse to
    drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by mhx View Post
    I also have a lot of respect for ford. They didn't take any bail out money. Makes me want to show some love back to ford.
    That was one of the factors that made me buy from Ford.

is Bending Tubing!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpof View Post
    That was one of the factors that made me buy from Ford.
    That's idiotic. Ford took 5.9 billion from the govt. in June 2009. I want to punch kittens every time an idiot mustang owner starts spouting off about "Yeah well the manufacturer of my car never took a bail out, bla bla bla"
    Last edited by OCDSPEED; 07-17-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    Now carrying aftermarket parts from several vendors; Eibach, Quaife, Stoptech, KW coilovers, MBRP, Boomba, BC Racing, H&R, Injen, Magnaflow, Flowmaster etc.. Will meet or beat any advertised price.

Located in Cornelius, NC.
    -PM for requests/inquiries..

I spend too much of my life on FST! Capri83RS's Avatar
    is Bouncing off the padded walls

I don't really see why you need more power with a FWD setup. You're still going to have problems getting it to the ground. There is room for improvement with better tires and more grip, but you can only go so far before you will be either spinning from a dig, or spinning while trying to pull out of a perfectly apexed corner.

To be honest, looking over what is out now, and what's been done, I'd be happy with around 300whp. From what I can see, that's been done numerous times, with not much more than a tune and a little better breathing.
    dj59y likes this.
    1984 Capri RS - Project street legal track car
    2012 Mustang GT
    - Pitch Black
    - Brembo brake package
    - 3.73's
    - Comfort package
    - RR Sensing/Security package
    - HID/Security package
    - Boss 302 Laguna Seca 19x9/19x10 wheels, 255/40ZR19 & 285/40ZR19 Pirelli P-Zero's

is deciding on which big turbo

I want to spin the tires in top gear at 200 mph like the Venom GT at least I think that's what tanner foust said..
    Or Jay Leno's Toronado would do also, he just stuck a Corvette under that car.
    "http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-1966-Oldsmobile-Toronado-Jay-Leno.htm"
    Last edited by ST_Fan; 07-17-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Unleashed 93B(Awesome!) | Unleashed W/M I | E-Focus Roll Restrictor(RMM) | K&N Air Filter | JBR Solid Shifter Bushings | Eibach ProKit Springs | Cobb STS 40% | JBR BSD(waiting for next oil change) | Avant Garde M310 18x8.5 42OS | BFG KDW's | Levels FMIC | Redline Tuning Hood Struts | Ford Power Button | OCD Cold Side | CP-E Hot Side | FRPP CAI | Rallyarmor Flaps | AVS Rainguards | Boomba Black BOV | MBRP 304 XP Series 3" TB | Steeda SS Delete

is wanting a larger turbo!

Quote Originally Posted by Capri83RS View Post
    To be honest, looking over what is out now, and what's been done, I'd be happy with around 300whp. From what I can see, that's been done numerous times, with not much more than a tune and a little better breathing.
    Links? I haven't seen anywhere near 300whp yet.

I spend too much of my life on FST! CraigM6's Avatar
    is waiting to buy his ST

Quote Originally Posted by Capri83RS View Post
    I don't really see why you need more power with a FWD setup. You're still going to have problems getting it to the ground. There is room for improvement with better tires and more grip, but you can only go so far before you will be either spinning from a dig, or spinning while trying to pull out of a perfectly apexed corner.

Uh... No

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links