Ford Focus ST Forum banner

PSA!! I got the famous FoST downpipe rattle issue on video, Confirming the source!

14K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  ecoboostst4 
#1 ·
So I made a short video confirming that the stock downpipe mount on the FoST isn't strong enough for aftermarket. If you're getting the famous rattle issue after a DP install, here's the culprit.

#6 ·
This is a known problem, with solutions. Which has been discussed and documented.

One of the solutions being the Rebel Devil customs downpipe mount.

This problem is especially prominent with DP designs that eliminate the front OEM DP mount.

Having aftermarket motor mounts will help this situation by not having the motor flex as much, thus having less movement in the DP.

DP's with smaller, stiffer flex sections will cause extra strain on the OEM rear DP mount, and cause these hits as well.

Another common hit is the "legs" of the DP passing through the rear mount, then contacting the crossmember and hitting. Cutting or grinding the legs fixes this.

Reactions: SIstomper
#12 · (Edited)
I should have been more clear in my verbiage and expressed that I have also been reading the forums and am also aware that this is a known issue. As stated in the video SOME may find this useful. I said "Verified" in the video, which should have been something more like "solved" (again my verbiage). This video is intended for people who are maybe on the fence about picking up a rebel devil mount. Hopefully that clears things up a bit.

#14 ·
I should have been more clear in my verbiage and expressed that I have also been reading the forums and am also aware that this is a known issue. As stated in the video SOME may find this useful. I said "Verified" in the video, which should have been something more like "solved" (again my verbiage). This video is intended for people who are maybe on the fence about picking up a rebel devil mount. Hopefully that helps reverse some of the terrible damage ive caused by talking about a known issue.
No worries on my behalf. Hell, had you not posted this, I'd have never even known about the rattle!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.